PDA

View Full Version : Smooth trigger for Glock 19

OPPFOR
04-09-10, 07:10
Anyone know if you can order a smooth trigger for a Glock 19 without having to order the entire trigger bar with it?

Robb Jensen
04-09-10, 07:16
It's cheaper to just buy a Glock 17 trigger bar, these are about $14 commercially. Glock part number 357.

OPPFOR
04-09-10, 07:35
Does the Glock 17 trigger bar fit the Glock 19 or will this be a useless spare part once I order it?

Palmguy
04-09-10, 07:43
The G17 trigger w/ trigger bar assy drops right in to the G19/G26.

Pull the old assembly out of the frame and drop the new one in...nothing more to it :cool:

Abraxas
04-09-10, 07:46
Does the Glock 17 trigger bar fit the Glock 19 or will this be a useless spare part once I order it?

Why would he suggest it if it would not work:rolleyes:

Robb Jensen
04-09-10, 07:48

Yes the metal part is exactly the same. The only reason compact and subcompact Glocks have serrated triggers is for import points to comply with the 1968 Gun Control Act. Serrated triggers are considered 'target' triggers and thus magically more 'sporting'.

I can't stand the serrated triggers and install the non-serrated ones in all my Glocks too.

The Glock 17/22/31 trigger bar will fit the Glock 19, 23, 25, 26, 27, 28, 32, 33.

The Glock 20/21 will fit the smaller Glock 29/30 to get a smooth trigger as well.

When the Glock Gen 4 Glock 19/23 comes out the Glock 17/22 Gen 4 trigger bar should fit it.

04-09-10, 08:29
Swapping the full size trigger bar into the compact and subcompact Glocks is a common mod. As stated above, it's 100% drop-in.

This is the second, and last, thing I do to a new G19 (right behind sights). The smooth trigger makes a huge difference in comfort. For me, pressing and resetting the serrated trigger 2-300 times per session kills the pad of my index finger.

OPPFOR
04-09-10, 08:36
Why would he suggest it if it would not work:rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
You misunderstood what my question was. While researching, I came across alot of people who actually pop the pins and switch out the triggers without inserting the entire assembly into their guns.

I deal with Robb and the guys at VA Arms often. I never doubt their word when it comes to firearms. Thanks for info Robb.

Ratfink
04-09-10, 08:53
bought my wife a g19 for her bday and she hated the trigger so i put a glock 34 trigger bar in it said it reminded her of my 1911 a little more and she is much happier now with it we did some hostiage drills here last night at dusk and it works great she is much better with it now really really happy

its basicly a 3.5 lb connector that is chrome plated to make trigger smooth but since your not switching out springs it brings trigger to 4.21lb on my trigger scale thingy i dont know what its called rcbs makes it whatever it is but anyway its not too light and i carry a glock 35 anyway

OPPFOR
04-09-10, 09:18
Thanks all for the quick replies. I'm ordering what I need now.

CoryCop25
04-09-10, 09:24
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
You misunderstood what my question was. While researching, I came across alot of people who actually pop the pins and switch out the triggers without inserting the entire assembly into their guns.

I deal with Robb and the guys at VA Arms often. I never doubt their word when it comes to firearms. Thanks for info Robb.

You can't pop the pins without installing the trigger and trigger bar. This is one part. If you look at the trigger, it's a blind pin. visible on the left side and not on the right. Removing the pin will cause damage to the trigger and inertia safety causing the weapon to malfunction. I don't mind the serrated triggers but I do like the smooth ones better, just not enough to switch them out. Enjoy your pistol, they are one of the best!

OPPFOR
04-09-10, 09:38
I was looking on Glock talk. I may have misunderstood what was being said. I thought I read where someone had swithed only the trigger out. In another post someone used sand paper to smooth out the original trigger.

My real concern was not knowing if the G-17 trigger bar fit the G-19. I now know it does and that's what I'll go with.

CoryCop25
04-09-10, 09:44
I was looking on Glock talk.

OOPS!!! :D