PDA

View Full Version : Sight height on rail

Uncle Alvah
04-09-10, 11:33
I have been shopping for an iron sight for my flattop.
The gun has a VLTOR free-float handguard installed.
Being that the sight would actually be on top of the VLTOR rail, which is on top of the receiver rail, do I need to consider the additional height of the rail to select a suitable sight that will not be too high?

bkb0000
04-09-10, 11:36
you don't put it on top of the casv rail... you wouldn't find a sight that will zero like that wayway. just buy whatever sight you want, and put it on the receiver behind the rail.

Uncle Alvah
04-09-10, 12:31
Maybe I'm just being stupid here, and if so I apologize, but there is no rail exposed in the rear?

Don't have the rifle in front of me, but I have an old pic from the shop where I bought it.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/UncleAlvah1/DSCF0156.jpg

ChicagoTex
04-09-10, 12:41
There's just enough room behind the rail for a BUIS. It's left there by VLTOR for exactly this reason.

Note: some BUISs may fit better than others.

bkb0000
04-09-10, 12:50
you're gonna have to move your 'cog up a notch, but your iron will fit right there in the last slot. as the above poster said, they did that by design.

Uncle Alvah
04-09-10, 12:50
I learn something everyday! Thank You!

bkb0000
04-09-10, 12:53
that doesn't look like a very comfortable shooter.. gotta have a jaw-weld with the cog up that high, and it's way too far back to nose the charging handle.

scar2099
04-09-10, 12:59
you put whichever buis on the rear that will be fit best on CASV preferable something like this so it doesnt interfere with your optics when you folded it down .http://www.luckycouple.com/photos/guns/ar_build3_12.jpg (picture got it from google)

Uncle Alvah
04-09-10, 13:37
that doesn't look like a very comfortable shooter

May not be......new gun to me....
Actually, the ACOG is not on the rifle at the moment, that pic is from when it was sitting in a local gunshop, note the BS trigger lock........I been working on getting that paint off and such. Great project, having lots of fun!