PDA

View Full Version : KAC SR25

VA_Dinger
07-16-06, 01:54
Does KAC even sell the SR25 to civilians anymore? I have not noticed one for sale in years. I’m assuming Uncle Sam is buying them all up. What does a NIB SR25 RAS go for today at retail?

M4Guru
07-16-06, 09:01
Does KAC even sell the SR25 to civilians anymore? I have not noticed one for sale in years. I’m assuming Uncle Sam is buying them all up. What does a NIB SR25 RAS go for today at retail?

I think their official answer is "No" but one pops up from time to time. KevinB is the KAC expert, I'm sure he'll know the skinny when he sees this.

The ones I have seen for sale went for as much as 5-6K.

KevinB
07-16-06, 09:57
Damn -- I've been bugging Dave for a civie Mk11 and SR-25 Battle Rifle for a few years...

Current answer is as M4Guru stated - NO!

KAC recently had a shake up of their civilian sales and I dont think they are shipping anything right now. IN FACT I was told they have not sold a civilian rifle in three years...

I am going to drop in on KAC when I get back to Fla (EOM) and see if I can get a concrete answer.

Patrick Aherne
07-17-06, 13:20
The PD next to the one I work for just bought another SR-25 after almost two years of waiting for the order to come through. They only got this one because they already had a previous one and were able to talk KAC into it.

BravoCompanyUSA
07-17-06, 13:36
I have been told the same thing as Kevin. The entire civilian rifle line up is on hold right now. It will probably open up again, but just not right now.

KevinB
07-23-06, 05:40
P.S. coldblue is a member here now and hopefully he can address this issue...

VA_Dinger
07-24-06, 17:26
I received an email back today from Mr. Rupert at KAC. He states they are at 100% max SR25 production and everything is going to the military. Obviously, I'm fine with that.

I will just contact them when the world cools down a bit.

CapnCrunch
07-31-06, 21:06
I received an email back today from Mr. Rupert at KAC. He states they are at 100% max SR25 production and everything is going to the military. Obviously, I'm fine with that.

I will just contact them when the world cools down a bit.
How bad do you want one? If you're really interested, I can get the details of that one I was telling you about, if it's still available...

VA_Dinger
08-02-06, 03:17
How bad do you want one? If you're really interested, I can get the details of that one I was telling you about, if it's still available...

10-4, I will give you a call today.

TOrrock
08-09-06, 17:56
Here you go Dinger................

http://www.m14firinglineforum.com/upload/showthread.php?t=24585

VA_Dinger
08-09-06, 18:14
Thanks Tim, thats a great find but I'm looking for a shooter.

That baby is one of less than a 100 made. It's more of a collectors gun.

Damon
08-10-06, 11:44
Dinger,

I sent you an email and PM.

VA_Dinger
08-10-06, 13:38
Dinger,

I sent you an email and PM.

Thanks Damon, reply sent.

VA_Dinger
08-10-06, 13:39
Can the SR25 FF RAS be purchased separately for an SR25 that came stock with the fiberglass hand guard?

KevinB
08-11-06, 02:11
Well I got two seperate for use on "our" AR10T's

However I got them thru "bandit" Excalibur Arms and when I talked (thanked) C Reed Knight II about it he promptly ensure EA never got another KAC item ever (seems EA got them illegally thru a KAC pipeline)

Keep in mind I'm the guy that had the first URXII -- so I am guessing Reed still guards the SR25 RAS's like gold

Get a Larue AR10 tube -- the BBL nuts and handguard cap are the same thread as the SR-25

heycorey
10-01-06, 23:12
I've got an SR25 that I bought back in '94 (just before the Federal AW Ban) ... I used to have two of them. It's never been fired (except the test-fire from KAC). Is it really worth 5/6K?

LukeMacGillie
10-02-06, 07:18
There was a horrendously disfigured SR-25 for sale at the Fredricksburg gun show a couple months back. Neon Green with Neon Orange Flames.

Nothing a coat of spray paint couldnt fix.........

LonghunterCO
01-12-07, 15:10
I would love to have a CAR upper to swap on and shoot three gun with :D .

Bliss
01-13-07, 01:08
I've never understood why people are so desperate to own a KAC SR25 - such a piece of $%#&! Although, Reed has always sought world domination and now that he's turning in-house barrels what will be next...would be nice to see him spread the wealth. Back on topic... I think KAC's going to offer more civ sales soon, call it a good hunch.

DrMark
01-13-07, 17:11
There was a horrendously disfigured SR-25 for sale at the Fredricksburg gun show a couple months back. Neon Green with Neon Orange Flames.

Nothing a coat of spray paint couldnt fix.........

Are you sure it wasn't bright yellow with green flames? :eek: If so, I saw it today at the gun show in Richmond.

$3500 OBO.

VA_Dinger
01-14-07, 14:28
Are you sure it wasn't bright yellow with green flames? :eek: If so, I saw it today at the gun show in Richmond.

$3500 OBO.

That’s nuts.

Hell, I've found several very nice unf**ked-up SR-25's for similar money.

He will be sitting on that monstrosity for years,

Fongman
01-14-07, 19:17
VA,

Found a couple of more leads for you. Posted the links on the EBR forum.

http://ebrsopmods.proboards100.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=knightssr25&thread=1168020212&page=1

Hope that helps,
JWL

VA_Dinger
01-14-07, 20:55
VA,

Found a couple of more leads for you. Posted the links on the EBR forum.

http://ebrsopmods.proboards100.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=knightssr25&thread=1168020212&page=1

Hope that helps,
JWL

Thanks Fongman.

I've really grown to like your .308 forum.

Crash
02-04-07, 14:43
VA_Dinger,

Here is a SR-25 from TOS:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=120&t=412121

Voodoochild
02-04-07, 15:05
I think there is another one for sale on the Hide.

QuietShootr
03-26-07, 20:59
Well I got two seperate for use on "our" AR10T's

However I got them thru "bandit" Excalibur Arms and when I talked (thanked) C Reed Knight II about it he promptly ensure EA never got another KAC item ever (seems EA got them illegally thru a KAC pipeline)

You know, I like KAC accessories a lot...but the 'tude is getting to be too much.

Larue manages to make great accessories without acting like a dickhead.

WillC
03-26-07, 21:41
Yall seen the sexy new SR25's, they are coming from Knight's tan colored ... sure are purty.

Will

LukeMacGillie
03-27-07, 09:52
Yall seen the sexy new SR25's, they are coming from Knight's tan colored ... sure are purty.

Will

I like the price of the black Mk11's now even more. Crane has let some go to non DoD agencies for a really nice price...............

Razorhunter
03-28-07, 22:37
Anyone know of the price that KAC will most likely get for a new SR-25???
I spoke with Dave? at KAC a few weeks ago, and he mentioned $1800-ish...

C'yotecaller
04-10-07, 01:56
Last Vegas gun show had one from up for sale brand new in the box for $2500. I cant see them being worth to much more as all the other vendors rifles ib the same table where priced really high. I did take a good gock at it early in the morning at the start of the show and walked by 3 hours later to see some one had scooped it up becuase it was gone. I have been told though by several people that for alot less cash you can get an Armalite AR-10, add a few upgrades and have just as fine a rifle if not better.

VA_Dinger
04-13-07, 18:24
Anyone know of the price that KAC will most likely get for a new SR-25???
I spoke with Dave? at KAC a few weeks ago, and he mentioned $1800-ish...

KAC told you $1800? I would be all over an SR25 for that money.

M4Guru
04-14-07, 09:07
If KAC sells SR-25s to the public for $1800 Armalite will be out of business within a year.

Seeing as how KAC sells a .75 cent vert grip for $60, I have to call BS, though.

That being said, I'll be first in line if it's true.:D

Razorhunter
04-14-07, 11:13
Well when I was on the phone with Dave, he did indeed state $1800 for an SR25. He was talking about buying one HIMSELF, so maybe he just slipped up and was talking about HIS price as an Employee of the company???
Dunno, but I DO KNOW that's exactly what he said, and I DID hear him correctly...
I too, thought this might be a bit wrong...
Who cares right now anyhow, we can't score these damn rifles anyhow.

I'm TOTALLY in support of the Bush Administration KILLING EVERY terrorist in Iraq right now, BUT I DO WISH they'd end this war quickly so we'd all have a chance at KAC rifles!!
A man can dream can't he??? To HELL with paying inflated $3500-$5000+ prices for used SR25's on the market today.... That's BS and highway robbery.... IF we stopped paying these inflated prices, private sellers would HAVE to drop their prices...

M4Guru
04-14-07, 17:13
I believe you. It just sounds too good to be true...

Razorhunter
04-14-07, 17:42
Yeah, it probably is...

In the meantime, speaking of KAC rifles, I have been wanting to ask you guys about the SR-110 SASS rifle (I THINK that's the model # that KAC designates this particular rifle).
Anyhow, I am sure most of you have seen that bad boy! It's totally tricked out, with Desert Tan/FDE colored camo finish, and I have been wanting to ask you guys, if ANY of you might happen to know what exactly KAC used to finish this rifle in that color-scheme???
I'm absolutely dying to paint/coat/finish one of my AR's in a desert-camo/FDE finish, and I want the BEST finish known to man on my rifle. I simply cannot bring myself to spray it with Krylon or Rustoleum. I'm not "above" doing this, but I admittedly, I have always been kind of particular about my rifles, as I don't have many firearms, and the ones I DO own, well, I keep them nice looking, and I like to treat them with the best quality components and finishes.
SO, I would like to find out what is the very BEST paint/coating/finish available, and also, what is KAC using on their rifles???

Does anyone here know IF it is possible to anodize aluminum in FDE/Desert Tan colors? I mean, reds, blues, greens, blacks, etc are possible, and I always wondered if other colors were possible???
I've never seen it, so I guess not eh??
Thanks guys.

Hoplite
04-22-07, 09:53
The only 2000.00 SR25 I ever saw were these Warguns returned to KAC. They looked like they had been tumbled in a cement mixer with gravel. BBL's pitted, suppressor's shot out etc... They used the older type bolt, old style triggers, I know a couple were sold, most likely to "FOR" (Friends of Reed) This was about 6 yrs ago.

http://i18.tinypic.com/2je9wgl.jpg

Hoplite
04-22-07, 10:23
Posted by KevinB.
<However I got them thru "bandit" Excalibur Arms and when I talked (thanked) C Reed Knight II about it he promptly ensure EA never got another KAC item ever (seems EA got them illegally thru a KAC pipeline)>

I remember that incident, however there was even more to it than that. Seems that a major Dealer by the initials of W.G. complained to KAC that EA was getting KAC parts that he couldn't. Bandit got VIP treatment from the KAC sales rep's that other dealers did not get.

KAC sales reps recently sold 500 SR25 URX's to a dealer that they should not have, as many of you must know. In KAC sale's defense, its gotta' be difficult keeping up with what can and cannot be sold to "civi's". Supposedly those URX's were on the "Sell List" by mistake.

SHIVAN
04-22-07, 16:49
Well, then KAC also went to the huge cash-up-front wait 6 months for product routine for even their authorized dealers.

I don't know about you, but it's no way to run a business by putting $5,000-$10,000 out for "inventory" you might not see for 6-9 months.

Well, maybe it's necessary in some cases, but it's definitely not a favorable way to treat a dealer who sends you $5,000-$10,000 upfront.

Razorhunter
04-22-07, 20:10
What really sucks, is I've spoken to some people at KAC who REALLY were not happy about my calling.... Dave is a truly nice gentleman though...

Voodoochild
04-25-07, 14:39
Personally I wouldn't buy any KAC rifles. I have heard way too many stories about them shitting the bed and other related issues. And in case you are wondering who I heard these stories from it was from retired 2112's with more than 20+ years of experience under their belt working on these systems and others.

LukeMacGillie
04-25-07, 16:58
The only 2000.00 SR25 I ever saw were these Warguns returned to KAC. They looked like they had been tumbled in a cement mixer with gravel. BBL's pitted, suppressor's shot out etc... They used the older type bolt, old style triggers, I know a couple were sold, most likely to "FOR" (Friends of Reed) This was about 6 yrs ago.

http://i18.tinypic.com/2je9wgl.jpg

there were a couple recently(in the last month) sold to a CLIII dealer from PA. He had a 10,000 dollar price tag on them. The cases still had ODA numbers and such on them, and he had tracked down the person who carried them and was in the process of getting pics and a signed statement. They were totally collectable, not worth a shit for shooting.

LukeMacGillie
04-25-07, 17:17
One key thing with the SR-25; SOF and USMC are saying they are having problems, but WPPS is not having problems. I cant get into details, but think Lee/Malvo type vehicle in Baghdad taken out with a SR-25 recently, from a really long way out.

If you think of the SR as a 2 Shot Bolt Action, instead of having 20 rounds at your disposal, and not exceed the firing schedule you should have no trouble.

That said Ive neither been to B4 or SOTIC, just the Armorer's course and am not expected to employ the weapon, but Im not having to fix ANY SR's, ANY, None, Nada, Zilch, only asked to hurry up and send as many as I can get my hands on to the conflict zones of the world.

Razorhunter
04-25-07, 18:14
WPPS = ???

Luke,
Are you some type of SR Broker or something? Just curious.

M4Guru
04-25-07, 18:47
I break the hell out of them, because I always exceed the firing tables. That's why I want the thing...it sometimes has to sub as a battle rifle. The SR25 is the tits for an urban sniper platform, but I wish it ran a little better, a little longer.

The new MK12 MOD3 hit my hands today, so I'll be going back to a 5.56 for the forseeable future until the bugs get worked out of the new MK11 kit I got issued.

M4Guru
04-25-07, 19:25
Worldwide Personal Protective Service

LukeMacGillie
04-25-07, 19:58
So M4G, Ive got this idea, if we play our cards right we can both retire and donate our time to some Middle Virginia training center thats about to break ground.

What we do is deploy the SR-25 Battle rifle as the General issue weapon. Then we build Special Purpose Upper Receivers, AKA SPUR's that allow the person to just switch out when they need DDM type weapon.

No one has ever thought of an idea like this:cool:

ROFLMAO

QuietShootr
04-26-07, 18:23
So M4G, Ive got this idea, if we play our cards right we can both retire and donate our time to some Middle Virginia training center thats about to break ground.

What we do is deploy the SR-25 Battle rifle as the General issue weapon. Then we build Special Purpose Upper Receivers, AKA SPUR's that allow the person to just switch out when they need DDM type weapon.

No one has ever thought of an idea like this:cool:

ROFLMAO

I coulda been a contenda'....

Razorhunter
05-01-07, 20:30
Anyone care to explain to me WHY the SR-25 is not able to run for long periods of time (in comparison to any other AR10 for instance)????
This has been bugging me for a while now, and I would like to get to the bottom of this.
What's the reason the above statements regarding run time were made???? What is different about this rifle platform???? How many shots is it good for, (ballpark it of course)...

LukeMacGillie
05-01-07, 21:03
The SR-25 is built with much tighter tolerances than the AR-10 or even the SR-25 Battle Rifle.

When metal heats up it expands, and when expansion happens in a gun with very tight tolerances bad things happen.

Crash
05-03-07, 18:55
I break the hell out of them, because I always exceed the firing tables. That's why I want the thing...it sometimes has to sub as a battle rifle. The SR25 is the tits for an urban sniper platform, but I wish it ran a little better, a little longer.

The new MK12 MOD3 hit my hands today, so I'll be going back to a 5.56 for the forseeable future until the bugs get worked out of the new MK11 kit I got issued.

I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but can you give us some info on what upgrades went into the Mod3? I guess I'm behind, I didn't know there was a Mod2. :confused:

Lumpy196
05-03-07, 19:02
Anyone care to explain to me WHY the SR-25 is not able to run for long periods of time (in comparison to any other AR10 for instance)????

Ive never seen an AR10 run for a long period of time...

VA_Dinger
05-06-07, 23:44

Damn, I want on this "FOR" list. :D

Kahuna
05-30-07, 08:50
there were a couple recently(in the last month) sold to a CLIII dealer from PA. He had a 10,000 dollar price tag on them. The cases still had ODA numbers and such on them, and he had tracked down the person who carried them and was in the process of getting pics and a signed statement. They were totally collectable, not worth a shit for shooting.

Luke, do you recall who the dealer in PA was? May be worth a visit. Thanks a lot.

Kahuna