PDA

View Full Version : AAC m42000 vs Surefire? King of 5.56 supressor

alfred10
04-09-10, 17:55
I am looking for a hard use harsh enviornment quick detach supressor. I want something that will run for a long time with little maint. I can only carry so much CLP. I assume this would be a great addition to my survival gear. Is Surefire the only suppressor that you dont have to readjust the sight when you switch between supressed and unsupressed fire? I want to run it on a Sig 556 10 inch SBR, Colt m4 14.5 and 16 inch barrel, and maybe my carbon 15 pistol. I want something thats accurate and hides my position in the event of SHTF. Is Surefire the best? Why or why not? Are both easy to clean? I want to run regular ammo like GI green tip. Does length of can matter? I see some that are alot shorter. Also considering Gemtech. Who are the top 5 supressor makers?

http://www.gundealeronline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AACM42000

C4IGrant
04-09-10, 18:00
I am looking for a hard use harsh enviornment quick detach supressor. I want something that will run for a long time with little maint. I can only carry so much CLP. I assume this would be a great addition to my survival gear. Is Surefire the only suppressor that you dont have to readjust the sight when you switch between supressed and unsupressed fire? I want to run it on a Sig 556 10 inch SBR, Colt m4 14.5 and 16 inch barrel, and maybe my carbon 15 pistol. I want something thats accurate and hides my position in the event of SHTF. Is Surefire the best? Why or why not? Are both easy to clean?

http://www.gundealeronline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AACM42000

SF has the least POI shift I have seen with any can.

Remember that you need to make sure that the threads are concentric to the bore line. I wouldn't be concerned about the SIG and Colt, but would check the carbon 15 very closely!

IMHO, SF is one of the best out there. Whether it is the best depends on what is important to you. For me, being able to remove the can have no POI shift is VERY important. For others, DB ratings are more important.

C4

C4

alfred10
04-09-10, 18:06
What are the DB ratings on the various supressors?

Ak44
04-09-10, 18:18
I like the Surefire quick attach system, the collar is what you rotate as oppose to the whole can like most traditional suppressors. Check Silencerresearch.com, the $30 premium fee is worth its weight in gold.

alfred10
04-09-10, 20:38
How many rounds are they good for? How do they work when really dirty? Do they put extra stress or wear on an m4 or sig 556 sbr? Would it give me zero muzzle flash in complete darkness? At what distance would it make my location undectecable? I figure it would be perfect for defending my cabin if need be in SHTF. My big interest is the ability for it to hide my location from the enemy.

Robb Jensen
04-09-10, 21:02
What are the DB ratings on the various supressors?

From independent meters or from the marketing dept from each company?

TehLlama
04-10-10, 15:17
From independent meters or from the marketing dept from each company?

BTW, this is absolutely the correct question, though there's more to it.
Just like a car - you'll see numbers off a dyno, chassis dyno, then with pump gas and a passenger.
Real performance isn't completely spelled out by the exact ratio of pressure measured by a high precision microphone, but how much it noticeably alters the sound when fired from your host weapon (which will have a noisy action, excess gas being vented from the action, and blast coming back from the chamber.

From a 10" Piston gun, the details of exactly how much sound reduction will be more affected by ammunition choice than the can, and hard to notice between the two at that.

The M4-2k is more affordable, for an application where cost is a big factor and it will run suppressed, a great choice.
The 212 is arguably a bit better because of the POI shift, but it is a fair bit more costly.
Neither is a bad choice.

alfred10
04-10-10, 17:48
My largest interest is if it will conceal my location on a 10 inch barrel? I would probably only use it for defending my cabin and would wont to throw off my location. (I really just need an excuse to justify buying one :-)

K9222
04-10-10, 18:14
My largest interest is if it will conceal my location on a 10 inch barrel? I would probably only use it for defending my cabin and would wont to throw off my location. (I really just need an excuse to justify buying one :-)

If your defending your cabin...then wouldnt your attacker know your position...as compared to being in a ridgecrest, or large field with plenty of brush to safely mask your location? Well if its just an excuse to buy it....thats good enough for me! :D Buy one, you won't be dissappointed! I can't wait to get mine. I will tell you that putting suppressor on a 10" gun is really to help minimize firing in confined spaces. Its still kinda loud...at least to have a suppressor on it. The sound reduction is dramatic on a 16" gun and up. The sound really diminishes on longer rifles. I want mine just so I don't hopefully have any perminent damage if I have to fire my weapon inside a home or business and help protect my teamates hearing during firefights.