PDA

View Full Version : Rear Sight Question - Windage Clicks to Zero and Possible Defect

PA1911
04-09-10, 18:37
Hey Folks,

I just received my new Daniel Defense M4v3 and it is everything I hoped it would be. I put about 100 rounds through it and it has been flawless and more accurate than I am. I will post some pics as soon as possible.

I'll try not to confuse anyone.

This is a Daniel Defense 1.5 rear sight.

Only thing I have a question about is how many clicks it took to zero. I started at 25m and 50m. The rear sight took seven clicks left to zero at 50m. It hits center at 100 as well. my rear sight looks really offcenter in the base. I know it may be normal for that many clicks at that range, but I wanted to check with you all.

My rear sight has 38 clicks from far right to far left, so I still have about 12 clicks left and 26 clicks right. How much adjustment do you all have left when zeroed?

I also noticed that the hole in the 0-200 meter aperture is drilled off center to the right, which means that the aperture is further left than it needs to be. Its not way off center, but it may account for a click or two.

Is it common for the holes to be slightly off center in the aperture? I assume its not, but I dont know how bad is too bad.

I also thought about a canted front sight but it really looks straight.

I emailed Daniel Defense but havent heard back yet. This thread is not meant to knock DD before they give me some suggestions. I just thought Id check with you folks. The fit and finish of the rifle is awesome , I have no complaints there.

Thanks for the help

spamsammich
04-09-10, 19:01
The aperture is drilled off center to account for the shift in the center of the sight aperture as you flip from large to small aperture, the aperture assembly rides on the threads of the windage dial rod and will naturally move left and right as you flip it back and forth. In other words, it is off by design and is perfectly normal. Use the small aperture to zero, the large is ONLY for close distances and low light. Seven clicks of windage is NOTHING to worry about. Shoot the shit outta that gun and stop sweating it.

A-Bear680
04-09-10, 19:16
Just go shoot.

PA1911
04-09-10, 19:19
Thanks for the help. Im new to AR-15s and i had no idea the hole was off center on purpose. It does make sense now. I am glad 7 clicks of windage is acceptable.

Thanks again for clearing this up for me.

tnt1106
04-10-10, 20:25
My new DDXV also took 7 clicks left to zero. Once zeroed has been shooting great.

El Vaquero
04-10-10, 21:04
I have a DD rear sight and it took around 5-7 clicks to the left as well, no biggie.