PDA

View Full Version : M&P9 Pro 4.25" bbl

Apollo11
04-09-10, 18:55
I was looking at one of these today, and was curious what you all thought about the platform. Looks like you get all of the good things of the Pro Series, but with night sights and only two mags; and all of the holster options of the regular M&P9. They look identical to the standard M&P9, so the holsters sould be interchangeable.

I had not seen these prior to today, just wanted to hear some thoughts about these vs a 5" pro, or the standard LE 9mm with night sights. I thought this looked like the perfect M&P 9mm for duty/carry use.

maximus83
04-09-10, 19:04
I think these would be a GREAT choice. I own one of the 5" Pro series and love it, but if you don't need the longer barrel and want the night sights, this is the way to go.

Note: you may want to contact Grant at G&R Tactical about the PT Custom M&P series he is selling. He may have some available in this run, or the next run that he gets in. They are configured and priced similarly to these Pro models. But the PT models have a couple of extra advantages: they have Warren night sights, they have the addition of the MA trigger bar and spring (which improves reset versus the Pro series trigger), and they give you a 3rd mag.

GaryXD
04-09-10, 22:01
I have one in 40cal. As far as a factory stock gun is concerned, I think it is damn near perfect for serious social work.

SeaSoldier
04-10-10, 09:30
I had a chance to fondle one at the local peddler the other day. They are very nice indeed. I would have purchased on the spot if it had a thumb safety. As I understand it this model is not available with the thumb safety. So I purchased another FS M&P9 with thumb safety, then installed an Apex kit and Warren sights. They were priced at $620.

htxred
04-10-10, 12:07
we've been selling these like hotcakes. a few people came and got them because the PT guns were taking so long.

sro579
04-12-10, 20:26
I was of the same thought as SeaSoldier. It felt great but the lack of a thumb safety was a deal breaker to me.

Apollo11
04-13-10, 20:34
Thanks for the replys gents. I don't care for a safety, so thats not an issue for me, but it looks like for some it's a deal breaker. I keep looking at this thing, and I continue to be really impressed.