PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to the AWESOME BCM Completes?

Sean Price
04-10-10, 00:11
2 Questions...

G&R Tactical is OUT OF STOCK?

Got an email stating they may not carry them at all or at the very least NOT till December?

What Give's..

I got a surprise in the mail the other day... I got a FINAL BONUS check from the job I quit(back in January) to go to Tokyo, Japan!!

The bonus is enough to buy a BCM complete, no problem... NEEDLESS TO SAY, I miss that job..

I tried google but I don't see that anyone sells BCM completes..

So what happened.. ? Did I miss something?

This would be my 1st "real" AR, so ideally I would like it to be complete v/s putting or building one together myself.. I keep hearing that its just a couple of PIN's you have to put together.. but NONETHELESS I don't feel I have the know how or ability to do that.. much less or more importantly I don't feel I have the confidence to piece together an AR by myself.. and I don't have any friends or family that do either..again another reason why I'm looking for a complete as my 1st..

What is the difference between Bravo Company Manufacturing (BCM) and Bravo Company USA (the website that sells BCM products) ??

I thought they were one and the same.. but I'm not 100% sure on that one.. I mean besides the fact that Bravo Company USA is in Harland, WI and the fact that they sell BCM products I don't know much else about it...

and this Paul guy that everyone keeps talking about, does he have anything to do with Bravo Company USA?

I thought they were the same company..BUT the more research I do.. I'm starting to wonder if they are,.,

I mean they have different websites..

Bravo Company MFG
http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/

Bravo Company USA
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/

and if you go to Bravo Company MFG's website and click on the link titled "How to purchase BCM products" it will take u to link page listing Bravo Company USA as 1 retail outlet amongst a list including G&R Tactical..

I know curiosity killed the cat.. but I just would like to know....

-------------------------------

I now have the funds available and would just like to finally be able to bring home my BCM complete..

I'm from Wisconsin and I can't think of a better way to support this country then to make a purchase from the local guy's... and if Hartland is the home of all things BCM, then I do mean local as in 5 min's from me.. fingers crossed!!

Thanks IN Advance..

oNe

the_accuser
04-10-10, 08:04
Bravo Company USA and BCM are the same folks. I believe BCM is the manufacturing side of the business. They do not sell complete rifles. Basically you will need to order a complete lower receiver and a complete upper and put it together (that takes like 5 seconds, just put the two pieces together and push the two pins in to lock them together...cannot get any easier than that). I believe you can order a complete lower from Bravo Company but they first need a copy of your dealer's FFL so it can be sent to them or you can order one from Grant...same process though. The upper you can order yourself and have shipped to you. I think Bravo Company is working on producing more lowers right now...call them to see when they will have them out. Hope that helps some.

rob_s
04-10-10, 08:12
Just FWIW, the tone of your post makes it kind of sound like you're due something, and some folks could take that the wrong way.

Paul owns Bravo Company USA and Bravo Company Manufacturing. BCUSA is a retailer of parts & accessories, BCM is a manufacturer of gun parts such as uppers, lowers, BCGs, etc. which are sold through BCUSA as well as other dealers like G&R Tactical.

Wanting a complete BCM gun is a good thing for sure. Their uppers, BCGs, and charging handles are all typically readily available and top shelf parts. Their lowers are the parts that are, AFAIK, no known ETA.

I'm not sure of your level of experience with ARs, or how much research you've done, but buying an upper, lower, BCG, and charging handle and putting them all together is the exact same thing you'll have to do when cleaning the gun.

But, if you're intent on receiving a gun in all one piece, try G&R Tactical. They can sell you a BCM upper & associated parts and pair it with a complete lower from Daniel Defense or other manufacturer. Yeah, it won't have the same logo on the upper as it does on the lower, but you'll get a complete gun which appears to be important to you.

Sean Price
04-10-10, 10:28
Just FWIW, the tone of your post makes it kind of sound like you're due something, and some folks could take that the wrong way.

Really? How so...?? I just REread my post and i'm not seein that.. IF anything I thought I was doing good by helpin out the "little" guy...

I'm from Wisconsin and I can't think of a better way to support this country then to make a purchase from the local guy's... and if Hartland is the home of all things BCM, then I do mean local as in 5 min's from me.. fingers crossed!!

Nonetheless I appreciate the criticism and will take note.. I know I am NOT owed anything...and in turn I OWE EVERYTHING TO YOU GUYS... Rob that chart you made is awesomely informative.. and The_accuser, advise like yours is VERY MUCH appreciated as well as just this whole forum and website in general!! I have learned so much!! THANK YOU!!

However, this would be my first AR, and as I've never even fired one.. I'm the first to admit.. I still have a LOT to learn...

So, out of curiosity, since BCM does not make "complete" rifle's.. can anyone actually say that their rifle is 100% BCM??

From what I understand.. I know BCM makes.. uppers, lowers, and charging handles.. but uh, isn't there more to the rifle?

Or as Rob stated, the main components to build an AR-15 is an upper, a lower, a bolt carrier group, and a charging handle..

Am I missing anything?

Thanks again in advance..

oNe

p.s. to clarify things and avoid problems... My heart was set on a complete BCM.. barring that.. its looks like a DDM4( stayin away from BM's, DMPS, OLy, ect, ec,t), I know DD is also a top tier company.. was just looking to support the local guys...

PlatoCATM
04-10-10, 10:48
Grant can sell you a quality complete lower. Have that transferred to your local FFL. Meanwhile, buy the components for a complete BCM upper: Upper receiver group, bolt carrier group, charging handle, handguards, and a rear sight.

As Rob said, you will have to do this much assembly any time you clean the rifle (except for the sights), so if you don't currently know how to do that much, watch a youtube how-to. You won't be detail stripping anything and there are no tools involved--not even hammers.

Have you bothered to try calling bravo company? They may be able to hook you up with what you want or can direct you further (and maybe without shipping charges too if you can pick it up). However, if you're not willing to contact dealers or distributors don't complain about not being able to buy something, which is what I took Rob to be saying. Limited runs are a norm for a small manufacturer, but it doesn't mean you completely missed the boat; they can and probably will make more.

arizonaranchman
04-10-10, 11:42
It couldn't be easier to buy a lower and then buy and upper and just snap them together. I did exactly this and it's a complete BCM and a fantastic rifle in every way. This way you can configure the upper how you want it and also the lower how you want it.

crusader4x
04-10-10, 12:34
It couldn't be easier to buy a lower and then buy and upper and just snap them together. I did exactly this and it's a complete BCM and a fantastic rifle in every way. This way you can configure the upper how you want it and also the lower how you want it.

Ditto. I did this myself when I purchased my BCM Middy and Lower from GRTactical in September. Upper with BCG, charging handle, and magazines arrived at my house while the lower was shipped to my FFL. Once I had all the pieces, I watched a little bit of a youtube assembly video, put the BCG and CH in the upper, then put the whole rifle together.

It seems that you'll have to buy the upper from GRTactical and then search for the BCM lower elsewhere.

FWIW, you're making an excellent choice for your first AR. I too refused to walk into a gunshop uninformed and buy a BM. I did a lot of research here and it made my AR purchase so much easier. Totally satisfied with my AR purchase, I'm trying to decide if I really want that FN Five-seveN in FDE....

fdxpilot
04-10-10, 14:26
Sooner or later, I'm sure Grant (G & R Tactical) will check in here. Until then, I'll throw in my $.50 worth. As you may have surmised by now, BCM does not actually sell complete rifles. For a while, Grant was taking complete BCM lowers and matching them up for tight fit with complete (including CH and BCG) BCM uppers and selling the rifle assembled. Since it appears that BCM lowers are very scarce right now, his is understandably out of stock on "complete" BCM rifles. As others have mentioned, he can make up a complete DD (Daniels Defense) lower and have it to your FFL in a matter of days. There is also a multitude of options with respect to grips, stocks, buffers, etc. Here is a picture of one he just sent me, to mate up with a 6.8SPC upper I already had. I believe it was 6 days from order to assembling my rifle.

http://home.comcast.net/~mfrey2/pwpimages/DD%20Finished%20lower.JPG

TehLlama
04-10-10, 14:50
To a degree you're fortunate.

The only advantage of buying it complete from most places is the warranty - Paul will stand behind anything with the BCM marking.

Instead of taxing the entire rifle, it's only going to be the lower. Saves $$$.
Also gives you more time to research, evaluate exactly what you want the rifle for, and which parts will accomplish that best.

My latest from G&R is actually a mix - DD Barreled Upper, BCM BCG, Charging Handle, G&R LPK, GSSA (from BravoCoUSA).
Top notch across the board, and a 10 minute phone chat with Grant will answer more questions than you know you even have.

justin_247
04-10-10, 20:44
Like Rob said, buying the upper and lower separate and snapping them together is not an issue, since you'll have to take the two apart eventually anyways since you have to clean it.

Buy a complete LMT, DD, or S&W lower from Grant since BCM lowers are scarce. Or one from Spike's Tactical. If that doesn't work for you, build you own by buying a stripped Mega or Aero Precision lower and a parts kit from Grant. Have them shipped to your local FFL.

Once you have that, purchase your choice of upper from BCM and ask for a BCM BCG and charging handle when you order it.

Buy some mags and some sights, and then lots of ammo.

Then go and shoot it!

It's that easy!

Showbart
04-10-10, 22:50
They'll post notice.

.45fmjoe
04-10-10, 23:08
Really? How so...?? I just REread my post and i'm not seein that.. IF anything I thought I was doing good by helpin out the "little" guy...

Nonetheless I appreciate the criticism and will take note.. I know I am NOT owed anything...and in turn I OWE EVERYTHING TO YOU GUYS... Rob that chart you made is awesomely informative.. and The_accuser, advise like yours is VERY MUCH appreciated as well as just this whole forum and website in general!! I have learned so much!! THANK YOU!!

However, this would be my first AR, and as I've never even fired one.. I'm the first to admit.. I still have a LOT to learn...

So, out of curiosity, since BCM does not make "complete" rifle's.. can anyone actually say that their rifle is 100% BCM??

From what I understand.. I know BCM makes.. uppers, lowers, and charging handles.. but uh, isn't there more to the rifle?

Or as Rob stated, the main components to build an AR-15 is an upper, a lower, a bolt carrier group, and a charging handle..

Am I missing anything?

Umm, you take your BCM upper, slide in your BCM charging handle and BCG and snap the two pins on your BCM lower. You now have a 100% BCM rifle. It's not that hard.

BravoCompanyUSA
04-11-10, 07:49
Complete BCM rifles will be available again, best ETA I have right now is early summer. (As of right now we are out of lower receivers. Got cleaned out :D)
We will be adding additional complete rifle models.

G&R Tactical will be the first to receive them.

Thanks for your interest,
Paul

rychencop
04-11-10, 12:23
Complete BCM rifles will be available again, best ETA I have right now is early summer. (As of right now we are out of lower receivers. Got cleaned out :D)
We will be adding additional complete rifle models.

G&R Tactical will be the first to receive them.

Thanks for your interest,
Paul

can't wait. :D

Surf
04-11-10, 13:42

p.s. to clarify things and avoid problems... My heart was set on a complete BCM.. barring that.. its looks like a DDM4( stayin away from BM's, DMPS, OLy, ect, ec,t), I know DD is also a top tier company.. was just looking to support the local guys...Major manufacturers may use parts from vendors. This is not uncommon. What is the difference if you buy all the upper and lower from BCM insert the BCG, charging handle and push a couple of pins together? Very much BCM and your supporting the company most local to you, if that is your wish. It doesn't make it any more BCM of a rifle, than if another company does the same thing and sells the assembled rifle to you. Only difference is that they are getting a slice of the pie. No big deal there either, but that doesn't make it anymore of a BCM rifle than if you do the exact same thing yourself.

I would also have zero problem supporting Daniel Defense either.

Sean Price
04-12-10, 18:31
FWIW, you're making an excellent choice for your first AR. I too refused to walk into a gunshop uninformed and buy a BM. I did a lot of research here and it made my AR purchase so much easier. Totally satisfied with my AR purchase, I'm trying to decide if I really want that FN Five-seveN in FDE....

HoOLY Smokes.. "brother" is that you on here.. this is just too crazy.. I TOO in addition to my AR purchase am on the cusp of purchasing the Five-SeveN as well.. .that is too bananas!!

Whats holding you back, besides price I imagine.. $975 is the lowest I've seen it.. talk to me guy..

as for my BCM complete.. here's my rookie attempt at it..

BCM Complete Middy Version

16" Mid-length Upper $525 (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-BFH-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid-16%20bfh.htm)

BCM4 Lower Receiver Groups $360 (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-BFH-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid-16%20bfh.htm)

BCM Bolt Carrier Group (MPI) - Auto $140 (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Bolt-Carrier-Group-MPI-Auto-M16-p/bcm%20bolt%20carrier%20group%20auto%20mp.htm)

BCMGUNFIGHTER™ Charging Handle (5.56mm/.223) w/ Mod 4 $45 (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-BFH-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-mid-16%20bfh.htm)

BCM™ Folding Battle Sight - REAR (mfg by Troy Ind) $120 (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Folding-Battle-Sight-REAR-p/bcm%20rear%20sight%20troy.htm)

1. Is that it, am I missing anything, I feel like I'm forgetting something..

2. What am I doing wrong here? My totals coming out at $1190, which is more then Grant's offering from G&R Tactical(even w/bcm gunfighter CH added to grants version it was only $1156)

3. What rail system would yall recommend? I would like to mount a flashlight/laser combo on it.. but thats about it.. looking at BCM's website I got lost...so many flavors..

4. Anything else I would need to add to make it "better" or more functional?

Otherwise..
Wow, yall were right.. its not too much goin in an AR... d*mmit I shouldn't have been so scared b4.. but hey its been a learning experience..

THANK YOU!!

oNe

shittercrewchief
04-12-10, 19:10
Add these

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Mid-Length-Handguards-Black-p/handguards%20mid%20length%20black.htm

Dump the laser buy a shit load of ammo and shoot it alot

crusader4x
04-13-10, 04:41
HoOLY Smokes.. "brother" is that you on here.. this is just too crazy.. I TOO in addition to my AR purchase am on the cusp of purchasing the Five-SeveN as well.. .that is too bananas!!

Whats holding you back, besides price I imagine.. $975 is the lowest I've seen it.. talk to me guy..

oNe

What's holding up my purchase of a FN Five-seveN? It IS a bit pricey and will also be expensive to shoot as 5.7mm ammo is expensive. I've also recently read articles and forums and quite a few people have serious concerns about terminal ballistics of the 5.7mm round. Until I see more positive information about the Five-seveN, I'm either going to purchase the Canon T2i DSLR I've had my eye on OR a Glock 35.

3. What rail system would yall recommend? I would like to mount a flashlight/laser combo on it.. but thats about it.. looking at BCM's website I got lost...so many flavors..

When I purchased my BCM middy, I bought it with the 9" Daniel Defense Omega rail which has served me well. If I could do it all over again, I think I'd prefer to go with the 12" DD Omega, low profile gas block, and FDE front and rear MBUS.

Dump the laser buy a shit load of ammo and shoot it alot.

I agree with shittercrewchief, ditch the laser. A decent tac light and mount makes much more sense.

01tundra
04-13-10, 07:11
I'm in the same boat as far as wanting a BCM lower to match the upper, I'm trying to be discipline enough to wait until early summer for them to get back in stock.........but not sure how well that plan's gonna work out for me since I've been frequenting the Mega Machine Company web site and staring at that purty GTR-3S lower....and then there's always that sweet DD lower that I could snag from G&R.........