PDA

View Full Version : AR/M4 101 GUIDE???

Sean Price
04-10-10, 00:34
1st Things 1st..I just ordered the Magpul Dynamics Art of the Carbine DVD series after hearing so much good things about it here on this forum and google.. It should be here by next week..

thing is i'm starting to realize its not the 101 guide I thought it would be.. seem's more like a way to improve your stance and shooting technique.. no biggie, still a worthwhile investment for me!!

I try to read this forum on a daily basis and I have learned alot.. but I realize I have a lot more to go..

Is there a diagram for the AR-15/M4 ? Something like a schematic breakdown labeling the main parts on the gun? I think it would be a good reference for anyone.. or at the least us rookies..

I read alot about uppers, receivers, LPK's, SBR this, charging handle that.. BCG, stock, buffer tube.. ect, ect.. and NOW i have a fairly rough idea of what they are.. but not necessarily a mental picture of where they go.. it would be an eye opener..

Basically I'm looking for the AR/M4 equivalent of this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d6/Garandparts.jpg

Does anyone where I can find such a vital piece of info?

That would be an awesome piece of knowledge to share.. shoot it would go along mighty fine with that handy chart thats floating around the internet..

For example, as a rookie who has never even fired an AR and looking to buy one.. it usually goes like this..

Vet response to a "my 1st AR type of Post...

Just build one ur'self, its easy and cheap..

rookie response,

"I wouldn't even know where to start, or WHAT PARTs are needed? followed by post asking what's an uppoer or whats a "blank, blank" ??

My favorite response is when people tell me how easy it is.. They say, "your not "really" building anything, your just pushing in a few pins and thats it!! "

REaLLY that simple huh? right.....

I digress.. its late at night and I have gone post crazy 2nite.. I missed not having a computer!!

Thanks again and in advance!

oNe

p.s. oh yeah extra kudo's if someone can find a chart like the one above for the m91/30, anyone?

perna
04-10-10, 00:40
All this time and you still have not read the sticky threads on this board?

Sean Price
04-10-10, 00:45
All this time and you still have not read the sticky threads on this board?

what are you talking about son?

I have read it(them) extensively and for the time had the chart memorized..

I jest. .but u get the picture..

thanks for the input..

much appreciateD!

good night.. err morning..

oNe

perna
04-10-10, 00:48
It is clear you have not, or you would not be asking this or any of the other questions you ask.

Sean Price
04-10-10, 00:54
Good Sir,,..

I said I had a pretty good idea of where stuff is or where I think it is..

I just thought it would be a valuable piece of info.. very helpful at the least..

Going to bed now.. but I'll take a look at the stickies again sometime tomorrow..

maybe I missed it?

thanks again

oNe