PDA

View Full Version : Primary Weapons Systems FSC47...

Moose-Knuckle
04-10-10, 12:17
Okay so these have been out a couple of years now, anyone ever try one out? I figure before I laid $100 on one I'd see if anybody has experiance with them.

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=57&idcategory=6

Robb Jensen
04-10-10, 13:24
Its not bad but the FSC30 for the AK is much more effective.

Moose-Knuckle
04-10-10, 13:33
Its not bad but the FSC30 for the AK is much more effective.

How so? Muzzle flip or flash suppresion or both... I see on their website they offer a adapter for 1/2x28 threads. RH. Is that the one you are refering too?

Robb Jensen
04-10-10, 13:46
How so? Muzzle flip or flash suppresion or both... I see on their website they offer a adapter for 1/2x28 threads. RH. Is that the one you are refering too?

You're good I thought you were asking about the JTAC47. The FSC47 is the better of the two.

Moose-Knuckle
04-10-10, 18:37
You're good I thought you were asking about the JTAC47. The FSC47 is the better of the two.

Gottcha.

IrishDevil
04-10-10, 21:46
I use the FSC47 on two rifles, it works well. Using Golden Tiger ammunition it suppresses the flash rather well at night. It still throws some sparks but nothing significant in my experience. I've shot some night matches using an FSC47 and Aimpoint H1 on an Ultimak with great success. The only other comp I've found that can rival it is one of the AK74 style muzzle brakes, but they don't suppress flash.

As far as compensation it's excellent, I've noticed a good increase in recoil recovery. I still can't run my 7.62 AK as fast as an AR or AK74, but it's close.

The FSC47 has become a "go to" item for my 7.62 AK's. In fact I need to pick up one more.

Moose-Knuckle
04-11-10, 09:33
I use the FSC47 on two rifles, it works well. Using Golden Tiger ammunition it suppresses the flash rather well at night. It still throws some sparks but nothing significant in my experience. I've shot some night matches using an FSC47 and Aimpoint H1 on an Ultimak with great success. The only other comp I've found that can rival it is one of the AK74 style muzzle brakes, but they don't suppress flash.

As far as compensation it's excellent, I've noticed a good increase in recoil recovery. I still can't run my 7.62 AK as fast as an AR or AK74, but it's close.

The FSC47 has become a "go to" item for my 7.62 AK's. In fact I need to pick up one more.

Good review, that's what I'm looking for...thanks! :cool:

FMJs-of-Freedom
04-12-10, 17:59
I have the .223 version on my m16, it is nothing short of magical in recoil reduction. It is extreamly noticeable in FA. I am planning on buying one for my Ak based off my good experience with them. FMJs-of-Freedom

notorious_ar15
04-14-10, 19:40
I got to fire an AK-47, taking the FSC47 on and off - made a small but noticeable difference in recoil. Did not get to test the flash reduction.

3P051
04-16-10, 11:49
I've shot an AK with slant brake and one with the FSC47 side by side, and found there is a quite noticeable difference. The FSC47 really seems to pull it back on target faster for me. It's subjective, of course, but I found myself shooting my AK with the FSC47 by preference.

It is more concussive when standing off to the side, of course. If the guy next to you on the range has an FSC mounted, you'll know about it.