PDA

View Full Version : Hey I don't know where to post this really, can somebody help?

Magic_Salad0892
04-10-10, 13:46
I've never done this, as I don't live in California, but my sister does.

She's trying to move here in Oregon, she has a Glock 17 that's registered with the state.

Is there anything she needs to do in order to bring it into a state where it doesn't need to be registered?

Macx
04-10-10, 14:51
To the best of my knowledge, no. My only experience is moving froms states that don't register to other states that don't register & I am not a lawyer. I would expect if you are moving from a state that does register to one that doesn't, changing the driver's license to the new state would be a pretty good indicator that you don't live in the old state anymore. Besides, the more screwwed up the registry the better it is for citizens. If the state with the registry wants to assume all guns registered are still in that state. . . . . :p Registries should be expensive and inaccurate a la Canada.

skyugo
04-10-10, 15:27
if she goes back to cali, she should probably notify them/re-register.
i don't see why she'd have a problem going to oregon though.

Magic_Salad0892
04-10-10, 18:05
Okay, thanks. :)

Moon Doggie
04-10-10, 22:55
I would say she doesn't have to do anything special going to Oregon and hope she likes Oregon

Robb Jensen
04-11-10, 10:10
Lets stay on topic!

If you can't answer the OPs question then don't reply, it's really that simple. Keep the tone the same as you would sitting next to someone. No need for rudeness.

If your post(s) disappeared then it was off topic. The unacceptable argumentative back-and-forth-bickering posts needs to stop.

Play nice, or play somewhere else.

Safetyhit
04-11-10, 11:19
Since your question is not very complicated legally, I suggest you call your local PD and ask them the exact same thing. Maybe ask to speak to the shift supervisor or a detective, as often they have tenure and therefore a degree of extra knowledge.

I would also suggest that you call several neighboring departments just to double and even triple check. Shouldn't take up much of anyone's time.

WillBrink
04-11-10, 11:26
I've never done this, as I don't live in California, but my sister does.

She's trying to move here in Oregon, she has a Glock 17 that's registered with the state.

Is there anything she needs to do in order to bring it into a state where it doesn't need to be registered?

See:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

lethal dose
04-11-10, 11:29
To add to what safety hit said, when I carry concealed from state to state, I contact the state's attorney general and highway patrol barracks. They are very helpful and will tell you how to legally transport the firearm.