PDA

View Full Version : Comp-tac Infidel Holster

Carbine5.56
04-11-10, 12:07
anyone have one?how do you like it?I was thinking about getting one for a g19..also what kind of clips do you have on your for attachment?thanks!

HK45
04-11-10, 12:19
What works for me is the belt clip for a closer more stable hold than the loop. I like the strut for added stability for larger pistols only. This is quite a popular holster and with good reason so you are likely to see varying opinions.

Sry0fcr
04-11-10, 12:53
I've had one for about 3 mos, I used it as a range holster. I usually wear it between the belt and pants with the standard clip or with the shirt tucker attachment for IWB. I think it's alot more concealable with the offset shirt tucker clip. I don't regret buying it at all but I was using it to fill in until my Raven Phantom came in.

CDDM416
04-11-10, 13:03
I have one for a leftie. I didnt like it all that much, I tried to wear it and it just didnt do it for me.
I have a Rocket Man Low Rider that I had first, but everyone was saying how great the Com-tac was so I ordered one. If your a leftie Ill make you a deal.:p

BobM
04-11-10, 13:37
I've had one for a few years for my Glock 19. I've found it to be very good. I recently ordered one for my compact M&P only to find out it doesn't work with the C-T lasergrips. Fortunately Comp-tac has an excellent return policy.

htxred
04-11-10, 17:50
i've owned multiples and would recommend it to anyone looking for a convenient carry holster. its easy to transport from one place to another and does not have excessive material. only thing i dont like is that i usually get the slide version and sometimes when i reholster i get lil burns from hot gun but its my own fault for not getting a full cover version. i would definitely recommend the m-tac over the infidel. its a lot more comfortable but not as convenient as the infidel.

jwperry
04-11-10, 19:19
I have an Infidel for my HK P30 and previously for my G17. I use the belt loops. I've had some problems with the snaps coming apart from the leather, but Comp-Tac is fantastic about making you happy.

I also did have issues with the G17's rear sight being pushed by the holster's slide protector. I'd have to adjust it back to center about every two weeks or so.

Jim D
04-11-10, 19:30
I had one for a G19 with the belt clip. It frequently would come up over my belt, and the only thing keeping it from staying on my pistol during the draw was how tight I wore my pants.

I found it uncomfortable, and the attachment didn't work for me. I'm glad I sold it.

Boris
04-11-10, 20:57
I currently use one for my M&P9 fs w/ the clip attachment because I wanted something I could put on/take off one-handed easily when going places I can't carry concealed. The clip is effective and secure (using a 1.5" leather belt,) and I like the fact that the holstered gun can be removed easily and put in smaller spaces like vehicle compartments, pistol safes, etc. It is NOT the most comfortable rig I own, but it is exactly what I sought. Comp-TAC makes and supports great products.

GaryXD
04-12-10, 07:35
I carry a full size M&P in an Infidel with a C-Tac strut. I like it a lot.

SmokeJumper
04-12-10, 12:20
I bought the Infidel with belt clip and leather belt loops 2 summers ago for a Kahr PM9. It carried ok, but with the kydex belt clip attached to the holster, the entire holster would come off my belt when drawing the gun. Both gun and holster coming together was not favorable. I played with the holster tension to try and correct this, but it didn't fix the problem. So, I ordered their leather belts loops to try. I attached the loops and quickly discovered that the tabs at the end of the loops on the snap end to facilitate easier on/off with the snaps were too long and interfered with the draw of the PM9. This is a small package with this gun and holster and I suspect that the leather loops would work fine on a larger frame gun such as the Glock 19 or HK USP compact or full size due to more grip exposed for the draw. Other than the above, it appears to be a well mad kydex holster. Just my experience with it.