PDA

View Full Version : TALON ARMS?????

flanker
05-01-07, 10:10
Anyone ever bought anything from Talon Arms? If so how did things go?
http://www.talonarms.com

Impact
05-01-07, 10:12
yes, they are good to go.

Rob and Michael are great !

flanker
05-01-07, 10:55
yes, they are good to go.

Rob and Michael are great !
====

I can't get any human to answer my calls I just keep getting their voice mail since yesterday. Also no reply to my e-mails.:rolleyes:

ARinNC
05-01-07, 11:56
Bought an SDI Extended A@ FS from them. shipped same day, arrived in 2 days, they are GTG!

flanker
05-01-07, 12:00
Bought an SDI Extended A@ FS from them. shipped same day, arrived in 2 days, they are GTG!
===
How long ago did this happen?

ARinNC
05-01-07, 12:01
IMHO, these are the best vendors to deal with as far as AR-building goes:
www.BravoCompanyusa.com (everything)
www.tapco.com (magazines and furniture)
www.laruetactical.com (pimp-gear)
www.colemantyler.com (Lowers, LPK)
www.del-ton.com (finished uppers)
www.talonarms.com

Oh yeah,
Apex MTN on Ebay, cheap prices on Magpul goodies

Here are some to avoid (again, my opinion, so no flaming:p )
G&R tactical
MI
J&T
DPMS (direct)
Ameetec Arms

flanker
05-01-07, 12:47
http://www.militarywarfighter.com/index.html
They will price match and are good to deal with bought my T11F ACOG from them.

http://www.eguns.com/sPearCat/1-4.woa/1/wa/EntryPage?l=en-ZZ&wosid=TTuVqAAFgMLft7ytmiygqM
They have Maglula Mag. Loaders at really good prices.

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=86
bought my sling from them also hand grip great people.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/
Bought my EOTech 553 from them great to deal with.

http://midwestindustriesinc.com/
Bought C Mags from them good to deal with.

http://www.talonarms.com/talonarms/index.php?main_page=index
Got my rifle bag quickly great price & flat rate $7 FedX shipping.

AR-15A3
05-01-07, 13:24
Talon Arms are great guys to deal with, I bought two Samson rails from them a while back and they kept me informed by e-mail on status because my rails was custom engraved at the factory.

My other favorite vendors for my AR are:

ADCO Firearms
Bravo Company USA
Del-Ton
DSG Arms
G&R Tactical
Global Tactical Supply
LaRue Tactical
Operation Parts (Knight's Armament parts)
Rainier Arms

ARinNC
05-01-07, 13:52
===
How long ago did this happen?

2 weeks ago. They rock, I am buying a Troy MRC 9" rail from them next.

Jay Cunningham
05-01-07, 14:13
they are very GTG

flanker
05-01-07, 14:47
Very reassuring to hear they are go people.:)

UVvis
05-01-07, 17:13
Nothing but good things about them from me.

Good fast service.

Hawkeye
05-01-07, 18:55
I have always had great service from Talon.

flanker
05-01-07, 19:28
Thanking everyone for giving their thumbs up for Talon.:)

davemcdonald
05-01-07, 19:42
Not a flame but food for thought:

Grant will testify that I am not part of the NoVa gun mafia.

If one had problems with an on-line dealer, one would think that one would work those problems out before one smoked an on-line dealer on a forum of which the bandwidth is paid for by that same said dealer. Now that is just My opinion. Especially since that forum is free to the public.

I understand free speech and all that but throwing rocks at the house that you are living in for free is bad form.

Just my two cents

Dave

Pinnacle
05-01-07, 21:12

If one had problems with an on-line dealer, one would think that one would work those problems out before one smoked an on-line dealer on a forum of which the bandwidth is paid for by that same said dealer. Now that is just My opinion. Especially since that forum is free to the public.

I understand free speech and all that but throwing rocks at the house that you are living in for free is bad forum.

Just my two cents

Dave

Well said!

Rock-N-Ruin
05-02-07, 01:24

I understand free speech and all that but throwing rocks at the house that you are living in for free is bad form.

Just my two cents

Dave

X3 1000000%

invisible man
05-02-07, 12:39
Ok well here it goes:
Yes I am new, and no I am not having a great experience with a vendor that was "good to go", recommended from this site.

Here are some simple rules for business:

1. If you are a vendor and we order somthing you advertised, if you dont have it in stock please let us know. Is a simple e-mail too much to ask? If you wont let us know a responce to sent emails would be nice also. I have sent 4 with no response. We cant help we are excited to buy your products. If you just give a lil communication we will understand delays/or issues.

2. If you dont have the Item and are not going to ship it anytime soon please dont charge us for it until you know for sure.

I wish I had read this thread before I orderd.

One other thing, if a vendor does it right, there are no worries of flamming or neg feedback from buyers. We want to buy your stuff and spend money with you. Doesnt this make common sense? I could have went to my local store and orderd these items, help me do business with you!

C4IGrant
05-02-07, 13:52
www.talonarms.com

Oh yeah,

G&R tactical
MI
J&T
DPMS (direct)
Ameetec Arms

Because I am a train wreck kind of guy, why is G&R Tactical company to be avoided???

C4

C4IGrant
05-02-07, 13:58
Ok well here it goes:
Yes I am new, and no I am not having a great experience with a vendor that was "good to go", recommended from this site.

Here are some simple rules for business:

1. If you are a vendor and we order somthing you advertised, if you dont have it in stock please let us know. Is a simple e-mail too much to ask? If you wont let us know a responce to sent emails would be nice also. I have sent 4 with no response. We cant help we are excited to buy your products. If you just give a lil communication we will understand delays/or issues.

2. If you dont have the Item and are not going to ship it anytime soon please dont charge us for it until you know for sure.

I wish I had read this thread before I orderd.

One other thing, if a vendor does it right, there are no worries of flamming or neg feedback from buyers. We want to buy your stuff and spend money with you. Doesnt this make common sense? I could have went to my local store and orderd these items, help me do business with you!

I agree with you on the contact thing. I think sometimes the problem is that we (high volume dealers) tend to get 50-150 emails and 10-20 phone calls a day. Most dealers are also one man shops and trying to keep up on everything is very hard.

On top of everything else, some dealers also have store fronts with walk in customers (this would be us). This means that if customers are in the store we cannot answer the phone or do e-mail.

To avoid fraud, most online web stores charge the card as soon as the item is ordered. This protects you the consumer and the retail from all kinds of nasty people. The down side to this is that the item might be out of stock when you purchased it.

Growing pains are very difficult for everyone involved I think (customer and retailer).

C4

davemcdonald
05-02-07, 14:17
I can see somebody getting upset enough to publicly degrade a vendor IF the sale went completely wrong, it was totally the vendors fault, they deflated your ego, stomped a mud hole in your psyche and dragged your credit across a bed of coals. Otherwise suck it up and drive on. Statistically speaking one vendor cannot make everybody happy, it is impossible.

Personally I favor playing by big boy rules. If you had a good experience with a vendor then let everybody know. If your experience was less than stellar then don’t advertise for the vendor but don’t whine about it either. The is a gun forum not Dr Phil.

As a matter of protocol, I think that the guys who fork over the cash to support this free site deserve, at the very least, the benefit of the doubt. Have some patients before you start taking food off of their table.

This is just my opinion your mileage may vary.

Dave

invisible man
05-02-07, 14:21
Thank you for the expanation on the credit card charge process, I hope larger level dealers such as yourself understand that alot of us consumers are ignorant about what you have to do to get us product. Helping us understand what is involved gives us perspective and avoids confusion.

invisible man
05-02-07, 14:26
Big boy rules are in fact telling it like it is. If your experince was good then state as such, if not, then if someone asks, you tell them the truth. There is a distict differce in mud dragging and just saying it was not to your satisfaction without all the gory details. Gory details becomes slinging and is not necessary to relay your experince.

flanker
05-02-07, 14:57
Funny I asked a question about TALON and WOW!! seems my thread has been HIGHJACKED.:mad:

davemcdonald
05-02-07, 14:57
My point as stated above:
As a matter of protocol, I think that the guys who fork over the cash to support this free site deserve, at the very least, the benefit of the doubt. Have some patients before you start taking food off of their table.

In my opinion big boy rules require posters to use their real name and not a CB handle as well as enough personal information so others can base their opinions off of their experience. This prevents, say, a soldier basing a purchase of some gear on the opinions of some high school kid. Once again this is just my opinion.

Dave

davemcdonald
05-02-07, 15:08
You are correct, it has been highjacked and I should apologize. I won’t but I should.

You are either going to buy from Talon or not. I must ask though, are you really going to spend your money with someone based solely on the opinions of a bunch of strangers? I would say that is not very smart and if you weren’t then this thread is useless in the first place and belongs with all the other crap at ARFCOM.

flanker
05-02-07, 15:18
You are correct, it has been highjacked and I should apologize. I won’t but I should.

You are either going to buy from Talon or not. I must ask though, are you really going to spend your money with someone based solely on the opinions of a bunch of strangers? I would say that is not very smart and if you weren’t then this thread is useless in the first place and belongs with all the other crap at ARFCOM.
====
For the past six years I have been posting questions about firearm Vendors and vendors of lots of related items. I have given my credit card number to many of them and have never had any problems. Many are still doing well on the Internet. So the question is if you can't ask the questions from forum members and trust them who should you ask?

IMHO the thread was very useful and I did place my order with Talon and they say it's shipped.

invisible man
05-02-07, 15:22
I should actually apologise to Flanker for the hi-jack. Sorry buddy not intended to screw up your thread.

Heck I thought we all just used handles because it was kinda fun! Anyone can make up anything they want, its the errornet isnt it:D

C4IGrant
05-02-07, 15:51
Thank you for the expanation on the credit card charge process, I hope larger level dealers such as yourself understand that alot of us consumers are ignorant about what you have to do to get us product. Helping us understand what is involved gives us perspective and avoids confusion.

Not a problem. It isn't a perfect system, but they way you have to look at is, would you rather keep your CC info secure or risk that you might buy something that is out of stock.

C4

C4IGrant
05-02-07, 15:53
My point as stated above:

In my opinion big boy rules require posters to use their real name and not a CB handle as well as enough personal information so others can base their opinions off of their experience. This prevents, say, a soldier basing a purchase of some gear on the opinions of some high school kid. Once again this is just my opinion.

Dave

I like everyone posting under their real name (cuts a lot of the BS out). The internet is full of people with hidden agendas *Cough 3rdtk Cough* and doesn't do any of use any good.

C4

uranus
05-02-07, 17:05
I like everyone posting under their real name

Yes, it would be nice, but I wouldn't be able to post because of my employment and the related difficulties.

10-8 forums, for example, requires identification to register and use of a "real" name, but the forums appear to blocked from search engines such as google.

If you search 10-8 forums and yam, for example, in google, it will link to serveral external sites but not directly to 10-8 forums. Of course, anyone can log into 10-8 forums and read the posts, but the person would need to aware of its existence, and it requires some additional steps. Everyone knows about google.

However, if you search m4carbine and uranus in google, it will take you directly to my last post. Notwithstanding my employment, I wouldn't want my neighbors, thieves, etc., obtaining specific information about my weapons and other related information.

Oh, and Grant's GTG. Grant provides individual service. He knows his products and supports his customers. He'll even build it for you, if you want. When an item that Grant carries is out-of-stock, he ships it out just as fast as Brownells ships it out when it's out of stock. Other than that, he has shipped same day or next day on my orders.

invisible man
05-02-07, 17:27
Good point.

davemcdonald
05-02-07, 18:17
I have a friend that feels the same way because of the high end contracts that he has with some heavy hitter agencies, therefore he doesn't post on-line anymore. We debate this often.

With that being said, I have been carrying a gun and a badge for Uncle Sam for most of my adult life. I honestly can't remember how many federal grand juries that I have been part of. I don't see an issue about using your name. It doesn't have to be you full legal name. What is wrong with something along the lines of police office for 10 years in your profile? I have had this conversation with Pat Rogers, who by the way uses his real name and I am sure he has pissed off more than a few people over the span of his lifetime. Using verified information cuts way down on the BS and holds people responsible for their actions. So to each their own but I personallly don’t find it as a valid argument.

Dave

C4IGrant
05-02-07, 20:48
This discussion about which dealers are good and which ones are not is very interesting to me. When I was on ARFCOM, there were two types of dealers. Ones that never ventured out of the EE and ones that lived in the technical forums trying to fix problems and share their knowledge. The dealers that rarely posted in the technical forums did that for a reason. Their only concern seemed to be selling as much gear as possible (no matter if it was junk or not). I also have to wonder that if they actually said anything that people would figure out that they knew next to nothing about weapons, gear and shooting.

Even fewer yet, were dealers that attended training classes to keep up to speed on new gear, tactics and all around knowledge.

If we look at other professionals, they are almost REQUIRED to attend training, use the products they sell and become the expert on just about everything that interfaces with what they do or sell.

So my question, is why doesn't the shooting consumer value the same things as other consumers do when shoping around for a professional or a service??

To be quite honest, I attend at least 3-4 shooting schools a year and everyone of them gives me an anxiety attack. Why? Generally speaking in every class I have attended, almost everyone in the class has at least heard of G&R Tactical or is already a customer of ours. If I fall flat on my face and am the worst shooter in the class, how would my customers and future customers view that? If my personally built weapons do not run, why would anyone have me build them a weapon? The benefit however out weighs the risk because I gain so much first hand knowledge in this dynamic environment that I have to take that risk.

C4

CarlosDJackal
05-02-07, 21:39
I have dealt with Talon Arms a lot in the past year. This included high-value items (IE: Aimpoint ML3 and mount, 3x Magnifier on a Samson flip mount, and LMT 10.5" upper with bcg and PRI Gas Buster charging handle) along with a few "smaller" items.

I have received nothing but excellent service from Rob. There may have been a couple of instances when I did not get a response on the same day; but I did eventually get a call or an e-mail response. YMMV.

uranus
05-02-07, 23:13
I personallly don’t find it as a valid argument

PM sent

KevinB
05-03-07, 10:07
On the other hi-jack going on

I see some need for some people to use a alias for PERSEC - but 99% of the people in this world do not need to.

On this board we highlight Industry Professionals (SOF types or weapon system designers) - so others can be sure that some of the info they are getting is legit.

davemcdonald
05-03-07, 10:30
Since we have completely high jacked the thread there is no sense stopping now right?:D

I like that the IP are identified. I just wish an extension could be provided to everybody else on the site. I am not saying that I want the guys and girls here to endanger their lives by including enough personal info that Joe Scumbag can find them and get some payback. I am a firm believer in Persec. I believe that even a small amount of identity will prevent a lot of jacka$$ery.

Dave

KevinB
05-03-07, 11:11
Dave -- we tend to ban the asshats rather quickly.
I do agree that being open about identies tends to slow the stupidity down though

However I've noticed a lot of gun owners and for that manner gov't employees are cagey about ID'ing themselves on the net.

flanker
05-03-07, 14:17
www.talonarms.com

Oh yeah,

G&R tactical
MI
J&T
DPMS (direct)
Ameetec Arms
====
I question just why DPMS is on your "AVOID" list? Their prices are fair and they ship UPS ground free on many orders. I have always had very good luck dealing with them.

Lumpy196
05-03-07, 16:59
I have always had great service from Talon.

Ditto

C4IGrant
05-05-07, 08:25
FYI...

Well we now know why ARinNC doesn't like G&R Tactical. Awhile back there was a member on here called SOPMOD. He was banned for being stupid. Some time has gone by and he has found another way back into the forum under the name ARinNC. :rolleyes:

So the reason that he didn't like us, wasn't because we screwed him on an order, but because he was an idiot and we wouldn't do business with him.

C4

davemcdonald
05-05-07, 09:26
[start sarcasm]Oh! Now there is a surprise.[end sarcasm]

Dave

Jay Cunningham
05-05-07, 10:12
FYI...

Well we now know why ARinNC doesn't like G&R Tactical. Awhile back there was a member on here called SOPMOD. He was banned for being stupid. Some time has gone by and he has found another way back into the forum under the name ARinNC. :rolleyes:

So the reason that he didn't like us, wasn't because we screwed him on an order, but because he was an idiot and we wouldn't do business with him.

C4

My spider-sense did not let me down.

C4IGrant
05-05-07, 10:42
My spider-sense did not let me down.

It did not. G&R Tactical DOES have its enemies, but our customers are generally not one of them so when a "common" member posted that we were on their ban list, something just wasn't right. ;)

C4

HAMMERDROP
05-05-07, 10:45
Are those that tend to push the junk products in catalogs, who are they they know who they are. I am not here to sling mud but the old saying
' The sting the price for quality causes is easier to deal with than the sting the disappointment saving a few buck for less than quality will cause.' Or something like that...comes to mind.
I know I have been limping for years if you catch my drift. But I stick with who I trust from past dealings and thats all I look for. I cannot imagine what Dealers go thru to make Pricks like me happy. I am not the only customer out there and if there is a sales heirarchy it would have to be based on sale amount or complexity of the sale. And all the tech software involved so that my ass dont get hacked into ALL because I wanted a rubber butt pad. And to manage it and take care of everything else you may do for my business and protection. Special Cudos for that ...especially.
Thanks again to ALL the Dealers and Vendors in our firearms world if they are not honest and true to their word they do get weeded out ...and thank God for FEEDBACK. IMHO

Michael George

flanker
05-05-07, 11:18
The worst problems I have had to deal with were with a custom belt maker and some holster Mfg.s

It's the people who give you the 3 weeks to ship then quickly charge your credit card then you wait and wait and wait. Calling and e-mailing get you no where.:mad:

RogerinTPA
05-16-07, 00:02
I bought a custom mid-length recce from them a few months ago. SDI barrel, Daniel Defense 9" rail, with laser position markers, rail covers, and arms #40 BUIS. Excellent quality and workmanship. It shoots even that garbage wolf ammo with 2-3 inch groups at 100 yards. They are constantly sold out. A bit on the pricey side, but money well spent. I have no problem recommending these guys!;)

Roger