PDA

View Full Version : AZ - ND in Wal-Mart. (Video)

Irish
04-12-10, 19:06
What do you do in a situation like this? Follow link for surveillance video of incident. http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/04/09/20100409el-mirage-gunfire-walmart-abrk.html

Maricopa County Superior Court documents revealed further details involving the 30-year-old Surprise man whose gun apparently fired into the ceiling of a Walmart store Thursday morning.

Records show that the gun David Sterling Walters fired was a loaded Jennings 9mm semiautomatic handgun. Customers and store workers were standing within a few feet from Walters, and all feared for their safety, the report said.

The report also states that at least six witnesses were willing to testify and all agreed they were "victims of endangerment."

No injuries were reported.

Walters could face multiple charges, including six counts of endangerment, one count of disorderly conduct with a weapon and one count of discharging a firearm in city limits, according to the court report.

Police gave the following account:

Walters entered the Walmart near 129th Avenue and West Thunderbird Road about 1 a.m. While in the store, witnesses told police, Walters repeatedly fidgeted with a holstered semiautomatic pistol, El Mirage police Detective Robert People said.

At one point, a clerk working the electronics section told police that Walters took the gun out of its holster and then removed and replaced the gun's magazine. The woman feared she was about to be robbed and notified the store manager. Walters continued through the store, apparently with a video game he told the clerk he would pay for at the front registers.

Walters wound up near a register where he later told police he intended to purchase the game. Several customers were nearby.

He removed the Jennings from the holster again, causing the magazine to come loose and fall to the floor. Walters re-inserted the magazine and continued manipulating the handgun when it fired, sending one round into the ceiling, Peoples said.

The identity of the gun's owner was unclear, but authorities were able to determine that the firearm had not been reported stolen.

El Mirage police arrested Walters about 1:30 a.m. and booked him into Fourth Avenue Jail. His bond was set at $1,530, and his next court hearing is April 15.

LHS
04-12-10, 21:29
The shame of it is that a retard who bought AND CARRIED a Jennings is now being used to paint all gun owners as retards.

Belmont31R
04-12-10, 21:33
WHAT THE BLUE **** was he doing with that gun in the middle of a store?

And yes complete retards like this paint us all in a bad light. This idiot needs a swift kick to the nuts.

PrivateCitizen
04-12-10, 22:39
And to think after all these year I still worry about printing some times.

I really hope he doesn't end up having a CCW.

Mac5.56
04-12-10, 23:58
Wow, after watching that video I have to say that he is apparently "not of sound mind" despite the gun shot. To me he looks pretty intoxicated, most likely drunk, but the fidgeting makes me wonder about Meth. Just from the way he was walking, and holding himself, combined with the fact that he was armed, the store should have contacted police prior to the AD.

Irish
04-13-10, 00:17
I think he's pretty fortunate he wasn't shot by someone else carrying thinking he was robbing the store or an active shooter situation.

Bubba FAL
04-13-10, 00:20
Maricopa County, eh? Just wait til Sheriff Joe gets ahold of him!

Seriously, this dude has major "issues" and needs to be slapped down hard.

Macx
04-13-10, 02:24
I think he's pretty fortunate he wasn't shot by someone else carrying thinking he was robbing the store or an active shooter situation.

Yup, my thoughts exactly. This is bad, how much worse would it be (in the media) if someone dropped this fool (I mean instant choirboy)? It does make an interesting scenario to ponder from a Carry Permit holder's POV.

PdxMotoxer
04-13-10, 05:31
So he is wearing a State corrections uniform but the state says
years back he took the class but never graduated.

He still keeps that shirt and wears it? or looks as if he just put it on
then went to The Wal+Mart to show off his gun and twirl it around.

big suprise.... it went off.

Wonder what was up with the trying to get into a locked video game case,
then taking the video game and not paying for it there (pretty sure you HAVE to)
but he took it up front, then took out his gun to play with it.

Either way my vote goes to chemically castrate this fool so there is
no frigging way he can EVER re-produce.