PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MS2 + Daniel Defense QD Swivel

Jake Bauer
04-13-10, 03:03
I apologize for all the simple newbie questions, but appreciate your help.

Will the Magpul MS2 sling attach to the Daniel Defense QD Swivel system? http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=4 / http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=78

I would think it would work, but I know the MS2 has different attachment clips/hooks that were designed for the ASAP attachment plate so I want to make sure. As I understand it, the DDXV I ordered comes with the rear QD swivel plate, so all I'd need to buy is the actual swivel for it and the rail attachment point (first link).

Thanks guys.

cgcorrea
04-13-10, 03:27
It would work just fine.

Jake Bauer
04-13-10, 03:40
Thank you Sir, much appreciated.

diesel power
04-13-10, 10:22
the dd mount IS only the mount does not include the qd swivel. i just went through this and ended up getting a troy mount for a few bucks cheaper and it comes complete

Jake Bauer
04-13-10, 10:31
That's interesting.

Bravo Company's product info seems to suggest that there's a swivel included http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Daniel-Defense-Rail-Mount-QD-Sling-Swivel-p/dd-7101.htm

diesel power
04-13-10, 11:11
crap,if it does include the qd with the rail mount thats cheap.when we ordered mine it showed the qd but when it showed up no qd.found it as a complete kit 55$ online and the local shop i found my troy kit at had both dd mount and the mount with qd for 75$ :eek:

justin_247
04-13-10, 12:42
It works, although not as well as the ASAP plate. Is this an SBR? Buy an ASAP plate for it.

The DD mount does come with a swivel. If you want, just take the clip off the MS2 and then restitch it with the swivel instead.

rjacobs
04-13-10, 13:59
The gun does come with the mount, but does not come with the swivel. I emailed DD when I got my M4 and that was their response. I tried the MS2 with the DD mount and a QD D-ring and frankly it sucked. It was very clunky while transitioning side to side, just didnt slide freely. I put the ASAP plate on and everything was fixed.

So my advice is to swap out the rear plate for an ASAP plate if your going to use the MS2 sling.

PA1911
04-15-10, 20:55
I wondered about the MS2 with the DD QD swivel. I heard that it would work but not like the ASAP. For this reason I skipped the MS2 and got a Blue Force Gear VCAS 2-point sling. Im holding out for the new MS3 sling from Magpul. When it comes out Ill get the ASAP, MS3, and their rail mounted forward sling attatchment.

Thanks for posting your experience
PA1911

Jake Bauer
04-15-10, 23:41
what's the difference between the MS2 and MS3?

PA1911
04-15-10, 23:53
The MS3 is their new version of the MS2. It's made completely by Magpul. They are changing the hardware and also making their own rail mounted forward attatchment point. Check out the Magpul Shot Show 2010 vids on YouTube.

Jake Bauer
04-16-10, 00:59
Good video.

I think the MS2/3 would just as easily clip onto the QD swivels as it would on the ASAP/magpul rail attachment. Or at least it looks that way.

Stickman
04-16-10, 08:03
what's the difference between the MS2 and MS3?

The MS3 isn't released yet.