PDA

View Full Version : warren painted two dot sights?

lethal dose
04-13-10, 09:16
looking for a set of warren tactical two dot sights for my g19. do they make a non tritium version? i really don't care to have night sights and, therefore, don't care to pay for them. looked at heinie, too... but all their two dot straight 8s seem to be tritium, too.

jwalk84
04-13-10, 09:34
I don't believe they make a painted two dot version. I am almost positive all Warrens are either plain black or tritium as far as the rear sight goes.

lethal dose
04-13-10, 09:40
that's a serious bummer.

decodeddiesel
04-13-10, 10:42
that's a serious bummer.

Well you have to think of the potential market for such a thing. I would venture to guess that aside from you it is virtually non-existent.

lethal dose
04-13-10, 10:56
Well you have to think of the potential market for such a thing. I would venture to guess that aside from you it is virtually non-existent.
Ooooh... ouch. Why so many mfgs with painted dots, then?

lethal dose
04-13-10, 11:04
any suggestions for a wide notched set of two or three painted dot sights, diesel?

decodeddiesel
04-13-10, 11:29
any suggestions for a wide notched set of two or three painted dot sights, diesel?

I am afraid I can be of no help there. I personally don't use sights with dots painted on. Either straight black target sights, or tritium night sights for me.

You could always get a set of the Warrens and paint them yourself. (http://pistol-training.com/articles/the-johno-diy-high-visibility-front-sight)

Frank Castle
04-13-10, 11:31
A very knowlegeable instructor once pointed out that the "dots", painted or Tritium vials, are often manufactured in mass and not held to sufficient tolerancing standards to rely upon for precision shot placement. "Dots" should only be used to facilitate rapid sight aquisition or in low light conditions. The same can be accomplished with a plain rear sight and painting the front sight post with a hi viz paint of your choosing- would that meet your needs?

lethal dose
04-13-10, 11:36
good suggestions. i can find a tritium front post for warrens for sale by itself but cant seem to find a plain rear anywhere for sale by itself. i have shot this combo and like it.

lethal dose
04-13-10, 11:40
skd has 'em as a set that way. hmmm...

lethal dose
04-13-10, 11:43
one question... are the front posts with the tritium the same dimensions as the plain black posts?

Frank Castle
04-13-10, 12:31
one question... are the front posts with the tritium the same dimensions as the plain black posts? Good question. The M&P Fronts are the same. I can't say for sure regarding those for Glocks. Intuitively, I would think so. But if I was laying out the cash, I would contact Warren to verify.

JohnN
04-13-10, 15:41
good suggestions. i can find a tritium front post for warrens for sale by itself but cant seem to find a plain rear anywhere for sale by itself. i have shot this combo and like it.

Try this: http://mle-shootingsports.com/Sights-WTS-Sights/c7_28/p86/WTS-Rear-Sights/product_info.html

lethal dose
04-13-10, 17:47
Just ordered from mle! Thanks, brah.