PDA

View Full Version : Did something change on the site today?

austinN4
04-13-10, 16:56
The reason I ask is, starting today, whenever I open the site I get a user account control box asking my permission to load an Internet Explorer add-on installer. This has never happen until today. And it does it every time I open the site. Since I don't know what is causing it, I click cancel so as to not install it and the site opens no problem.

Does anyone know what started today that might be causing this? Thanks!

bkb0000
04-13-10, 16:59
no change here.. i'm pretty computer-stupid, but that sounds like the dumb shit my computer does when i have viruses/adware.

austinN4
04-13-10, 17:12
no change here.. i'm pretty computer-stupid, but that sounds like the dumb shit my computer does when i have viruses/adware.
Thanks. Yeah, I thought that also and ran all my diagnostic programs, but it still did it aftewards.

Edited to add: I took a chance (risky, I know) and just installed the stupid whatever it was and every thing is working fine now.

HeavyDuty
04-13-10, 21:23
What was it? You may want to run a virus scan or two.

RAM Engineer
04-22-10, 14:53
I noticed three differences today:

1. I had to re-login on every computer that I use to access the site.
2. The site seems slower.
3. The fonts/text seem bigger & easier to read (at least on IE 8. I'll have to check Chrome and Mobile Safari later).

Except for the speed, I'm digging the new fonts.

ForTehNguyen
04-22-10, 15:51
yea the font is different

STAFF
04-22-10, 15:51
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=52322

bkb0000
04-22-10, 21:53
hmm... i dont remember the font being all big earlier today

i don't care for it, but i usually dont like change.

rdc0000
04-26-10, 07:55
same here, I had it setup to auto log in and now it don't. No big deal. You are not hallucinating.:D

wake.joe
04-26-10, 08:03
In firefox, you can make the font smaller.

View ---> Zoom ----> Check the "Zoom text only" option.

Control + or - to the size you want.

(Command + or - for Mac users.)

M4Carbine looks great now, and it didn't mess with font size on any of my other forums.