PDA

View Full Version : Offset mount for E-Series flashlight

andy t
04-14-10, 11:55
I would like to mount an E series flashlight in an offset, quick/easy detach mount. Unfortunately, the only mount I could find is Larue and it puts the flashlight too far from the rail.
However, while looking at other products, I thought what if I took the spacer from VTAC and used it in a VLTOR offset mount with E-series flashlight. Has anybody tried this? Would this work/not work?

Thanks!

Jay Cunningham
04-14-10, 11:58
Check Danger Close.

andy t
04-14-10, 12:01
I did, however, their mounts are not quick detach and I am not too sure about the little set screw that holds the mount.

Jay Cunningham
04-14-10, 12:09
Perhaps you are working too hard to force a solution when something easier may already exist to fit your needs.

bjw182005
04-14-10, 13:43
Danger Close for sure. Im very happy with the mount i have from them. Holds tight to the rail, locks in solid, and is made for what you want.

TehLlama
04-14-10, 21:08
LT, VLTOR, VTAC, DangerClose, and GearSector all have good mounts for this application.

On E series lights, it makes the most sense to just leave it mounted, so the Danger Close or Gear Sector are the leading options. If you must have a QD mounted light, an LT/SF Package is worth a look. The VLTOR scouts are great, and would be the middle road for your uses, but I'd decide either way in your case, and probably for the fixed light mount, as recommended above.

andy t
04-15-10, 06:50
Thanks for the replies guys.
My thinking is this: Since I have more than one rifle, and don't want to buy a dedicated flashlight for each, having a quality flashlight in QD mount would allow me to easily move it on a particular rifle.
I may end up getting the VTAC liner and trying it with the VLTOR to see how that comes out.

Lawdog537
04-16-10, 08:51
Just got the Danger Close mount and LOVE it! Extremely light and well built, hugs the rail nicely for minimal bulk. This mount is a huge WIN!

30in1
04-22-10, 08:23
On the danger close web site, the picture show the danger close e-series light holder with what looks like a QD sling swivel hole in it?

Is it a QD? Or is it just a hole to lighten the mount?

Thnx

thabends
09-23-10, 19:43
Andy, did you ever try this out? I'm curious about the results.

andy t
09-23-10, 21:22
I am currently using it. It works great. I am running it with VLTOR QD offset mount while my friend is using his with VLTOR non-QD mount.

thabends
09-23-10, 21:45
Perfect! So just the standard VTAC mount sleeve inside of the VLTOR mount with an E-series light?