PDA

View Full Version : Searches Broken?

kerplode
04-14-10, 13:19
Is anyone else running into issues with site searches recently? No matter what I search for, or how long I wait in-between attempts, I always get this message:

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 28 seconds.

Clearing caches, history, cookies, etc has no affect.

Not a huge deal, I guess. Google works well enough, but the built-in searcher presents the results in an easier-to-navigate format.

usmcamp0811
04-27-10, 12:04
I am using FireFox 3.6.3 and IE 8. In Firefox when I search I get a white page and if I try and do the search over I get what you are talking about. In IE I just get a can not connect to page error and same thing again when I try to refresh the page.

OPPFOR
04-27-10, 12:53
No problems here with the site search function so it must be your computer settings. Wish I could be of more help but computers are not my strong point.

kerplode
04-28-10, 18:07
FWIW, I just tried the search function again and it seems to be working fine now. Nothing that I know of changed in my browser or system settings (IE8).

I did log out and back in recently, so maybe that had some effect...

SpookyPistolero
04-29-10, 11:01
I was about to start a new thread on this subject, and noticed this one. I'm having the same problems as listed above. When I try on an iphone, it lists the 'must wait 30 seconds between searches' when it hasn't given results from the first search. On firefox, it just gives a blank white page and no results.

It makes it tough to avoid asking duplicate questions!

usmcamp0811
04-30-10, 17:45
SO I was bored and tried the search function just a few minutes ago and IT WORKED!! Then I tried it again and it did not work.. :-(

Wish I knew what the problem was... I thought it could be my browser but heck if it worked once it should work all the time.. I don't get it!

EDIT: Ok it works but only seems to work when I search for things I don't want to search for, ie "reload" "Ar15" "Search Broken" when I search for something I am wanting to search for ie "case trimmer" I get the blank page... WTF

SpeedRacer
05-04-10, 00:01
I have the same problem constantly. Running Firefox 3.6. Searching yields a blank white page. Refreshing gives the "Wait 30 seconds" message. It's quite frustrating, to say the least!

Hound74
05-16-10, 21:34
Just want to say that if the powers that be were to fix one thing on this site..it has got to be the search function! It is currently and has always been a PITA!

planenutz
05-17-10, 07:19
Just want to say that if the powers that be were to fix one thing on this site..it has got to be the search function! It is currently and has always been a PITA!

Ditto. Being new to this forum I've tried to search for prior posts to my questions and have not had much luck in that respect.
Tho, with reading all of the other posts I've learned tons! ;)

Hound74
05-17-10, 20:31
Ditto. Being new to this forum I've tried to search for prior posts to my questions and have not had much luck in that respect.
Tho, with reading all of the other posts I've learned tons! ;)

There is a ton of great info on this site. No doubt about it. It's not all right but it helps to gear you towards further education.

RIDE
05-17-10, 20:40
Agreed...

There is an absolutely massive amount of fantastic info on this site but a lot of it is very very difficult to access because the search function is constantly not functioning (for me at least, and it looks like I'm not alone).

I get the "please wait 28 seconds" about 90% of the time I search here... Pretty frustrating.

Artos
05-17-10, 20:43
DISCLAIMER:

I'm a pc doofus.

the m4 search function is the only negative issue I have with this site & i'll gladly deal with it compared to what other places offer.

i have better luck w/ google & 'm4carbine' & 'xyz' as the search words.

Most frustrating thing is to have an error, and then when you re-enter your question and it tells you the 30 second bs...then you re-enter said question after waiting, get ANOTHER error and THEN it tells you to wait 60 seconds??

I think it's a gag sometimes....now, I try once and go to google.

rant over.

tb-av
06-04-10, 11:54
If you decide to use Google simply do this....

Site:www.m4carbine.net

Anything after that will be your search term/s and limited to this site only.

EX. Site:www.m4carbine.net Bravo

will turn up all the threads with Bravo in them.

opmike
06-04-10, 15:59
If you decide to use Google simply do this....

Site:www.m4carbine.net

Anything after that will be your search term/s and limited to this site only.

EX. Site:www.m4carbine.net Bravo

will turn up all the threads with Bravo in them.

You cannot have the "S" capitalized when doing this. Make sure it is lower case.

kwelz
06-04-10, 20:04
Search seems to be broken for me tonight. In Safari it tells me I must wait XX number of seconds and try again. In FireFox it tries to download search.php.