PDA

View Full Version : Private Health Insurance Question

jimmyhots
04-14-10, 20:58
Hi all,

To those of you knowledgeable about private health insurance, I could use some advice. Let's say you've got a guy with family who's looking at purchasing private health insurance. His doc prescribed high blood pressure medication for borderline high blood pressure. When I say borderline, I mean borderline; some readings show it on the border between normal and high, and other times it's high-normal. This being the case, will the dude take it up the rear when it comes to insurance rates? Can the insurance co even know that the medication was prescribed? Insurance co asks upfront if anyone is on prescription medication. The guy isn't taking the medication, can he say no?

Any info anyone can offer is appreciated!

JH

Caeser25
04-14-10, 21:55
Hi all,

To those of you knowledgeable about private health insurance, I could use some advice. Let's say you've got a guy with family who's looking at purchasing private health insurance. His doc prescribed high blood pressure medication for borderline high blood pressure. When I say borderline, I mean borderline; some readings show it on the border between normal and high, and other times it's high-normal. This being the case, will the dude take it up the rear when it comes to insurance rates? Can the insurance co even know that the medication was prescribed? Insurance co asks upfront if anyone is on prescription medication. The guy isn't taking the medication, can he say no?

Any info anyone can offer is appreciated!

JH

Does he currently have insurance? I would tell that guy to get a second opinion as well for a rx for borderline high blood pressure, especially if it's something new.