PDA

View Full Version : sick to my stomach...

Jake Bauer
04-15-10, 02:09
Here's whats going on..

I got an email from the usps saying my item was "accepted" at the office in Phoenix AZ. I'm in Dallas. It has been 9 days and I dont have it yet. The status still says "accepted at phoenix". I'm starting to wig out. Did it get stolen? Is it still sitting in Phoenix? Is it lost? am I out $865? Man.. it's making me sick.

I mean for crying out loud, I ordered 4 Pmags, an MOE handgaurd, and an MOE stock and it got here in 3 days.

Am I freaking out too much?

Luke_Y
04-15-10, 06:08
sick to my stomach... I'm starting to wig out... Man.. it's making me sick.

Am I freaking out too much?

Yes ;)

montanadave
04-15-10, 06:43
USPS tracking sucks. I ordered a holster a few months back and received a similar email, than nothing--no updates, no change in status, nothing. After a week of rechecking the USPS tracking website, I contacted the vender. He traced it from his end and found that several of his shipments (all picked up the same day) were MIA and ultimately located sitting in a crate at the local PO--checked in but never shipped out.

I'm not trying to rag on the USPS--they move a lot of mail and 99.99% gets there on time. Unfortunately, most of the mail the USPS is handling is shit nobody cares about or wants and all that debris clogs up the system and compromises their efficiency. FedEx and UPS have the luxury of shipping the cream without all the crap.

Complication
04-15-10, 07:21
I regularly receive USPS packages before their tracking number is even activated in the system.

If there's any information regarding which post office it's located at, you might try calling them. Even if you call the wrong one, they might be able to figure out which one its at, exactly.

After 9 days, I think it's time to call them to see what's up. Either that or you can call the folks you ordered from and see if they can get the box moving again from their end.

LockenLoad
04-15-10, 08:58
+1 usps hardly ever has accurate tracking

PrivateCitizen
04-15-10, 09:45
What is it you ordered and from whom?

Was it sent with delivery confirmation?

Jake Bauer
04-15-10, 13:59
Called the dealer. He said "sometimes it takes up to 30 days to have a package shipped out". Well I said I didn't want to wait that long (cause I think he's BSing me) and he said he would check on his end. And if I didn't have it by next thurs. He'd ship another rifle or refund me.

Also called usps customer service. They looked up my tracking number and said the type of shipping it was processed under doesn't require it to be sent out for ten days. After the 17th, they said they'll file a claim.

I have a zip code for the PO it was accepted at. I might look up the POs in the area and start making calls.

helothar
04-15-10, 17:58
i once ordered a memory card for my phone online which was shipped usps, it had been listed as accepted in the city i live for 5 days before it showed up at my door. (and not with my regular mail either) so it could be any number of things, but there is a good chance they're just being slow

Jake Bauer
04-16-10, 01:05
looked up locations of the usps post offices around the gun store I ordered from on google maps. There's only one location that has the zip code that the email confirmation said the package was accepted at.

Calling tomorrow...

04-16-10, 08:10
I've waited over a week for "Priority Mail" before when it's supposed to take 2-3 days tops after the day it's dropped off at the PO on the seller's end.

maximus83
04-16-10, 10:04
I had a similar experience as OP with USPS tracking.

In my case, the item had arrived at the place I sent it, and they were working on it (but sent no notification). Because the USPS did not update their site (and I had paid for delivery notification), I was all freaked out that maybe my item had never arrived at the destination, even though it had. The reality is, the USPS web service simply sux rocks.

em2b96p
04-16-10, 10:09
yea i wouldnt call it USPS tracking....

more like USPS when we feel like telling you where it is, is when we tell you where it is, if you don't like it then keep hitting refresh and you will get the same answer, also we will show you a complete listing of where the item has been 1 day after it is already delivered, we do this for nostalgic purposes.

jwfuhrman
04-16-10, 10:30
damn you guys have no luck with the post office in your areas. I have never had a problem with the post office here. Priority never takes more than 3 days to get to me, most of the time less than 2 even.

maximus83
04-16-10, 10:52
damn you guys have no luck with the post office in your areas. I have never had a problem with the post office here. Priority never takes more than 3 days to get to me, most of the time less than 2 even.

Don't worry, if you enjoy your USPS service now it'll soon be getting worse. A good friend who's a long-time USPS worker tells me that, as expected:

* They'll soon be pushing for huge price increases, and
* They're pushing for large service cuts at the same time, including Saturday delivery.

Like you, I used to love USPS and thought they did a fine job. Still do, quite often, especially with traditional snail mail. But like most other unionized govt agencies, the trend in prices and services is pretty predictable.

Jake Bauer
04-16-10, 17:40
Well, I guess God got tired of me whining, cause today the status was updated to "Arrived in Dallas" and I'm picking it up soon. YESS! (pics later tonight)