PDA

View Full Version : CMMG 16" mid length

invisible man
05-02-07, 10:04
What has been the general impression of quality and customer service of CMMG? They are local for me and I was considering using thier mid lenth upper. Are they anywhere near LMT interms of quality?

blake6551
05-02-07, 10:18
I have a friend that has one of their middys with well over 2,000 rounds through it without a problem. There were some problems when he ordered it with a mix up of options, but they took care of it promptly. Fit and finish is excellent. I have met them and been to their shop a few times and always had a pleasant experience. Can't help you with comparing to LMT. With that said, I would probably get a Sabre upper from Grant or wait for a BCM, but that is just my preference, not a knock against CMMG.

Turbo Supra
05-02-07, 11:02
I just made my first CMMG purchase, a 14.5" midlength barrel assembly. Very fast service, and the barrel showed up in a couple of days with all the options I added. They also packaged it very well.

As far as quality is concerned, the CMMG barrel is every bit as nice as my LMT barrel on another AR of mine. I haven't taken it to the range yet, but we will see how she does. The ONLY thing I found odd was CMMG's placement of the barrel stampings underneath the handguards. Other than that, I will definitely order from them again...

invisible man
05-02-07, 12:44
Thanks for the reply!!

cqbdriver
05-02-07, 13:26
I have a CMMG mid-lenght upper with a 14.5" light-weight barrel. I have fired over 2000 rds through it without a problem except for 2 FTF when trying the 1st Gen PMAG's. I since put 300 rds thru 2nd gen PMAG's without any problems.

Only negative - they appear to use CMT BCG because the staking of Bolt-Carrier Key Screws is identical to CMT/Stag.

I have called them to ask some questions and they were very helpful & friendly

5POINT56
05-03-07, 23:11
My CMMG is as nice of an AR as I've ever seen. Granted, the only parts that are actually CMMG are the barrel and the lower.

Great service, outstanding rifles.

Experienced Vandal
05-06-07, 12:40
My 16" A1 SOCOM M4 Carbine
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z213/Exvandalism/DSC00671.jpg

5POINT56
05-06-07, 17:11
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s107/5POINT56/NewPix074.jpg

invisible man
05-06-07, 22:41
Its nice to hear good news about them. They would be a local vendor for me. Nice looking rifles guys!

The Archangel
09-26-07, 15:57
Well I couldn't resist any longer... and ordered a CMMG M10 16" Mid-Length Upper to replace my Colt M4 14.5 upper. All of this talk about smoother shooting, better balance, etc... :mad:

This will be my new primary weapon and I'm going to keep it fairly simple.

M4 Type Oval Hanguards (No need for rails at this point)
ACOG TA31 DOC (transferred from the Colt M4)
Matech Rear BUIS
Vickers 2-Point Sling
Colt M4 Side Sling Swivel (transferred from the Colt M4)
LMT SOPMOD Stock
Tango Down Battle Grip
LMT Enhanced Bolt Carrier
Bravo Company Bolt
Primary Weapon Flash Supppressing Compensator (FSC)

That's it!

Should be a pretty damn smooth shooting fighting firestick. Can't wait for the upper to come.

carbinero
10-29-07, 17:35
Did the upper arrive? Care to share a report?