PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Arms BUIS ???

billybronco
05-02-07, 11:32
I've been racking my brain trying to figure out if I need/want folding sights or not. They seem like money when it comes to having an open field of view through my Aimpoint ML3; however, I'm really diggin' these HK Style irons made by Centurion.

http://www.centurionarms.com/

Fire away. Gimme some input/opinions...

Thanks

Turbo Supra
05-02-07, 12:04
I'm a fan of the HK sight picture, so these were a natural for me to purchase. They are very sturdy and well-built. Great guys to deal with, too.

C4IGrant
05-02-07, 12:18
Irons are really a personal thing and threre really isn't a right or wrong answer IMHO.
I like my BUIS's down and out of my FOV. They are my back ups and if my EOTech goes down, I can still point shoot using the window (very well) until I can get behind cover and deploy them.

C4

Joe R.
05-02-07, 13:53
After more then just a few rounds through MP5s, the Centurion sights were a no-brainer for me. Obviously I like the sight picture.

While I thought having the irons in the bottom of my field of view in the red dot would be a problem, I have found that it's not an issue for me.

Dport
05-02-07, 14:15
Irons are really a personal thing and threre really isn't a right or wrong answer IMHO.

Grant hit it on the head here.

I have two sets and like them very much. Other people don't think the HK style offers any advantage. Some prefer absolute co-witness, and some like the lower 1/3.

Unfortunately, this is an area where you just have to play around, much like grips and buttstocks.

billybronco
05-02-07, 15:17
thanks to all.....i realize it's all personal preferance. i'm just scared to death to buy a 250.00 set of sights and then despise them. i reckon i'll just have to make a purchase.

Dport
05-02-07, 15:20
thanks to all.....i realize it's all personal preferance. i'm just scared to death to buy a 250.00 set of sights and then despise them. i reckon i'll just have to make a purchase.

Have you used HK sights before? I wouldn't have purchased them without experience with them from behind the trigger.

billybronco
05-02-07, 17:32
Well, if you call a USC's sites "HK Style" then yeah, I have. They're pretty easy to adapt to. It looks to me like the Centurion rear site has three settings with peep holes (I'd imagine smaller and smaller for further distance) as well as a fourth with what looks like a notch cut out of it. Not unlike a battle site mounted atop a 1911. I seem to like that for close quarters fire. I think I'm gonna run with the Centurions the more I think about it. Anybody know where to purchase the tritium post to insert in the front site????

Also, it's a shame they don't sell either site separately....

Turbo Supra
05-03-07, 10:03
Also, it's a shame they don't sell either site separately....They will if you ask nicely. ;) "Grinch" from Centurion is a regular on Sigforum.com, and he said he would sell the rear sight by itself if you ask for it.