PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Bolt Groups?

obucina
04-15-10, 16:21
Hi guys,

So, I have a bushmaster 16in and am considering getting a new bolt carrier group for it. I have looked at both the Bravo Company group, which I believe is listed as an M16-type and a Daniel Defense group. Is there any advantage one has over another?

Thanks

Joseph

04-15-10, 17:04
Just go with the BCM. From what I hear and have been told, BCM puts more thought into the individual components, ie carrier gas key and I'm sure others.

Blankwaffe
04-15-10, 18:17
The BCM and DD BCG's are first rate.The LMT BCG's are good to go as well.
That said Ive been extremely pleased with the quality of the DD BCG's....probably the nicest machined BCG's Ive had to date.Caused me to shift my brand preference in BCG's.
Best deal going IMHO is the DD BCG from G&R Tactical at $129.00.

obucina
04-16-10, 21:16
thanks for the insight guys, when the bonus check comes, ill be snagging one....probably the BCM.

Hillbilly
04-16-10, 21:58
does anyone have any thoughts on a bcg from larue?

Eric Cartman
04-17-10, 07:38
does anyone have any thoughts on a bcg from larue?

there was a big controversy a while ago about the BCG from Larue. Basically they are not Mil-Spec (No HPT/MPI) as Larue doesn't deem it as necessary. However, Larue does guarantee that if one of their bolts break, they will replace it for free. I picked one up back before they stopped selling them for a while, and have had no problem with it since.

Quiet-Matt
04-17-10, 11:02
I chose the DD over the BCM because at the time DD didn't logo their carriers, but they may have started since then. That bieng said, I have one of each ant they are both GTG.