PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint ML2 opinions needed

JOHNO
05-02-07, 14:45
I currently have an M4 set up with a TAO1 Trijicon and ARMS 40L BUIS, I've recently traded some parts and a few other items for an Aimpoint ML2 with a cantalever mount. I'm planning to move the TAO1 to my A4 and set up the M4 with the Aimpoint. Which BUIS do you Guys recommend?

current configuration,

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/jaodom722/10-30-05116.jpg

gunny
05-02-07, 18:14
Not sure I understand your questoin, but that 40L will work. Any other quality sight from the other main manufacturers will work just fine. Whatever you prefer.

JOHNO
05-02-07, 18:58
I went with the 40L so the ACOG would clear it, I'll probably move it to the A4 along with the ACOG. I should'nt have any clearance problems with the Aimpoint, which BUIS do you Guys prefer?

nationwide
05-02-07, 19:13
which BUIS do you Guys prefer?

I just bought my first flip-up BUIS last weekend, a YHM-9680. Bushmaster uses this model on their BMAS set up.

I put it on behind my EOTech and I really like it. It's an A2 style sight, and co-witnesses perfectly with my EOTech.

Actually, let me back up a moment. The YHM is not my first BUIS. I do have an ARMS Swan Sleve that has a #40 built in to it. But frankly, I haven't found an application for it that I like. Mounting any optic on the Swan Sleeve makes it too high to use the BUIS with the optic mounted.

gunny
05-02-07, 19:25
I went with the 40L so the ACOG would clear it, I'll probably move it to the A4 along with the ACOG. I should'nt have any clearance problems with the Aimpoint, which BUIS do you Guys prefer?

Ah, I'm tracking now. I run ARMS 40's on my AR's. I prefer them over the 40L because the larger CQB peep on the 40L is not immediately available when the sight is flipped up. It is on my 40A being with the A2 design. They are excellent with my Aimpoints & Eotechs. I've heard good things about most of the other buis's as well. The only other one I've used is the MI & GG&G buis. I think they are the same sight? You can't go wrong with the 40A though.

LOKNLOD
05-02-07, 19:46
It's mostly personal preference. For flip-ups, I like, and have, the Troy. If you want fixed, the Larue is excellent and a good price. It would be my choice. The LMT is pretty good also, especially if you like the A2, but it's more expensive than the Larue. If you like the 40L you already have, it'll work alright for you too. My buddy has a YHM and it's alright too, although not very low-profile for a flip-up.

Just pick the one you like, from one of the major manufacturers (Troy, Larue, LMT, MI, ARMS, YHM). I think the Troy and Larue are the stand-out best, but ultimately it's your preference and nobody can tell you "oh get this one".

TOrrock
05-02-07, 22:34
John, I have a Troy on my Colt 6920 and it's the cat's ass. One of the few "plug and play" gun items I've had.

You should also be very happy with the Aimpoint. Is it a 4 moa or a 2 moa dot?

JOHNO
05-03-07, 06:49
Tim, its a ML2, I'd say its a 4 moa. It should be here tomorrow or Saturday and I'll know more about it.

Thanks for the sight suggestions!

Harv
05-03-07, 11:54
Johno
I run a straight ARMS 40n with My Ml2. Works great and have had no problem's in close to 4 years.
I would guess a Troy BUIS would work well also.
I have one of the PRI BUIS which is similar to a Troy.

If the BUIS does not have to fit under an optic (like an ACOG) then I would say it is your preference. I like an uncluttered field of view so I like fold down sites.
of those, I like the
TROY
PRI
ARMS

There are others, but I like these the best.

TOrrock
05-03-07, 14:50
John, if you're happy with the 40L then no real reason to change it.

I got the Troy from Grant along with the LaRue mount for my Compact ACOG. I needed something that folded. I've been extremely pleased with the quality of machine work and the fit and finish of the Troy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Colt%20LE%20M4%20MiniACOG/MiniACOGandBones003b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Colt%20LE%20M4%20MiniACOG/MiniACOGandBones002.jpg

FJB
05-03-07, 22:18
I have used both ARMS and Troy BUIS with a strong preference for Troy as it locks in place in the up position, as well as when down.

S/F

CPR
05-04-07, 15:23
I prefer the Troy, but I'm just a regular schmo so take it with a grain of salt. :D

JOHNO
05-09-07, 17:28
up-date, The Aimpoint came in and I absolutely love it! I opted to retain the ARMS 40L,it was already in position and sighted in.. I'll probably order a Troy for the ACOG mounted A4

I'd post pics but the main computer crashed, I'll try to fix it this week.