PDA

View Full Version : AR Upgrades

thunderinms
04-15-10, 20:37
I am about to do some upgrades to my upper and I wanted to get your thoughts. The upper is...

- Flattop Upper w/M4 ramps
- 14.5" w/ fixed YHM FH
- CAA Aluminum Carbine length HGs
- A2 FS
- EoTech 512
- Aimpoint 3x
- YHM 9860
- Versa Pod

I am going to start by grinding off the front sight and painting the barrel with some good engine paint. Then I am going to install:

YHM Specter Length Lightweight FFHG
YHM Rail mounted Flipup FS
YHM Tube Cap

Then I think I am going to paint it camo! Any ideas on quality spray paint to use?

G

5pins
04-15-10, 20:45
I think your going to need to cut off your flash suppressor to remove the barrel nut.

thunderinms
04-15-10, 20:56
I think your going to need to cut off your flash suppressor to remove the barrel nut.

I think the FF Tube comes with a new barrel nut. If so, I will cut it off. I have a pro doing this for me and we are grinding off the existing front sight.

G

5pins
04-15-10, 22:32
Yes it comes with its own barrel nut.

The more I think about it you will need to take the FH off to get the old nut, hand guard cap, and FSB off and to get the new nut on.

tarkeg
04-16-10, 09:37
Yes it comes with its own barrel nut.

The more I think about it you will need to take the FH off to get the old nut, hand guard cap, and FSB off and to get the new nut on.

You are correct sir! A drawback of the 14.5"...

thunderinms
04-16-10, 09:52
I talked to Yankee Hill Machine and they say it would be fine to install the new parts from them. I will destroy anything with a dremel tool that will not slide off the Flash Hider.

G

justin_247
04-16-10, 11:13
I am going to start by grinding off the front sight and painting the barrel with some good engine paint. Then I am going to install:

YHM Specter Length Lightweight FFHG
YHM Rail mounted Flipup FS
YHM Tube Cap

Then I think I am going to paint it camo! Any ideas on quality spray paint to use?

G

Sounds like you're going to install a bunch of mediocre parts. Why waste the money?

Failure2Stop
04-16-10, 15:40
How is the current configuration failing to meet your requirements, and what is your expectation for performance improvement after the changes?