PDA

View Full Version : MEGA

l3mon
04-15-10, 22:35
ok.. so i'm building a 20" SPR

looking at the MEGA billet upper and a young MFG BCG w/side charger..

anyone have any experiance with mega? or a side charging AR for that matter?

Merle
04-15-10, 22:45
I built a Mega rifle using their forged upper and lowers and everything looked top notch with zero fitment issues. Mega is a good company that builds quality stuff for the working man budget. I wouldn't think twice to build another rifle with their parts.

lfromsalem
04-15-10, 23:29
Mega rocks!!!
I done 3 builds with their stuff(2 forged 1 billet). Top notch fit, dark black finish,
and great CS. Buy their stuff, and be the envy of your friends.:D

payj
04-16-10, 00:39
I am doing a Mega build soon. Billet lower, monolithic upper. After I am done typing this I am starting a new thread. I am torn between the barrel mono upper or the quad version and want peoples opinions. Anyways, to get back on topic, Mega is really quality stuff. They are "boutique" in that they are a small company that charges a big price! But you do get what you pay for!

redyak3
04-16-10, 00:57
Mega is my product of choice. I just finished my 6.8 using the MTS-300 monolithic upper mated with their forged lower. IMO their products are very high quality...
http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/redyak3/First%20BR%20Build/black%20rifle2/022-1.jpg
http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/redyak3/First%20BR%20Build/black%20rifle2/006-3.jpg

spamsammich
04-16-10, 01:47
I think they should have machined a QD cup where that fancy triangular cutout is. I wonder if that is LMT IP or something because they certainly have the capability and i cant be the first person that suggested it.

redyak3
04-16-10, 01:59
I agree a QD cup would've been nice. I'm sure their R&D team came across that bridge and have their reasons for opting not to include it. All in all a pretty thorough product that I'm happy with.

FMJs-of-Freedom
04-16-10, 10:45
I have no experience with their new mono but I love my mega parts and I have never heard a complaint from anyone else about them. So I am sure their new monos will be great. +1 about the QD, I am going to wait for their Gen II when it comes around as I am sure that will be one of the fixes.
FMJs-of-Freedom

mountain man
04-17-10, 02:30
I had a issue with a 2 year old lower I was going to build up recently. Contacted them, and they have been great about it and got it resolved. I could not be happier about the customer service I got from their shop. Great folks and cant wait to build this lower up.