PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference?

The_Dude
04-16-10, 08:04
What is the difference between Magpul's MOE and CTR stocks? The CTR is supposed to be compact but I can't find dimensions or any sort or numbers for either stock. The only difference I see is in price. Is the CTR really worth $40 more for being basically the same thing?

Riley~~~

Dozer
04-16-10, 08:10
The CTR has a friction lock and QD cup.

The MOE does not.

spamsammich
04-16-10, 08:13
This has been covered many, many times and I'm sure would turn up on a search. If you have trouble with the search engine, go to google and type in:

site:m4carbine.net "your search here"

You don't need to put your search query in quotes but it can help if you're looking for a specific phrase. This works particularly well for short word phrases like "LMT BCG".

The difference is that the MOE lacks quick detach swivel cups and a locking mechanism that eliminates stock wobble, take a closer look at the two stocks and it will be apparent.

The_Dude
04-16-10, 08:44
yeah, the search option on this forum doesn't work. thanks for the info

Riley~~~

The_Dude
04-16-10, 08:48
oh yeah, will I need to remove the extension tube to put this on? or will it just slide off like a standard stock?

Riley~~~

tarkeg
04-16-10, 09:12
Make sure you match up whether it's a mil-spec or commercial, and it'll slide right on.

Dozer
04-16-10, 12:12
Both stocks will fit directly on a standard carbine extension. Double check which one you have before you order the stock.