PDA

View Full Version : Staff Sighting at the Range!!

DrMark
04-16-10, 21:24
I went to the range tonight, and what did I see?

m4carbine STAFF M4arc shooting a S&W M&P!! :eek:

The ragged hole in the middle of the target was impressive, and when he set it down on the bench next to a Glock, I thought I saw the Glock start to rust a little!!

:D

M4arc
04-16-10, 21:30
<oh shit>

FLAWED DESIGN?

FLEET YAW???

I guess I'm busted. :o

Robb Jensen
04-16-10, 21:35
<oh shit>

FLAWED DESIGN?

FLEET YAW???

I guess I'm busted. :o

No worries. I hear all the cool kids have Glocks AND M&Ps ! :D

C4IGrant
04-16-10, 21:45
I went to the range tonight, and what did I see?

m4carbine STAFF M4arc shooting a S&W M&P!! :eek:

The ragged hole in the middle of the target was impressive, and when he set it down on the bench next to a Glock, I thought I saw the Glock start to rust a little!!

:D

No way! Staff members on M4C never shoot (or own M&P's). :)

C4

C45P312
04-16-10, 21:59
I guess I'm not part of the same range lol

M4arc
04-16-10, 22:07
I guess I'm not part of the same range lol

Lafayette Gun Club.

I kind of forgot just how nice the M&P is. With the exception of the crappy reset that pistol is nice and the Ameriglo Operator sights are impressive.

C45P312
04-16-10, 22:13
Lafayette Gun Club.

I kind of forgot just how nice the M&P is. With the exception of the crappy reset that pistol is nice and the Ameriglo Operator sights are impressive.

I definitely agree. I bought my M&P back in January. Shot it all throughout Feb but then forgot about it since then. Only shot it a couple days ago because I was able to find a holster for it.

I need to join LGC soon. Heard there was going to be big improvements. Maybe you can confirm ...

1) New Indoor Range
- Getting built right next to the current one
- Going to be nicer
- Not 24 hours so the upkeep isn't as bad
- Since it'll be nicer, going to have RSOs in it

2) "Tactical Pistol Pit"
- Who knows? lol

M4arc
04-16-10, 22:15
I definitely agree. I bought my M&P back in January. Shot it all throughout Feb but then forgot about it since then. Only shot it a couple days ago because I was able to find a holster for it.

I need to join LGC soon. Heard there was going to be big improvements. Maybe you can confirm ...

1) New Indoor Range
- Going to be nicer

2) "Tactical Pistol Pit"
- Who knows? lol

If they don't continue with the 24/7 access I won't renew my membership.

Robb Jensen
04-16-10, 22:17
No way! Staff members on M4C never shoot (or own M&P's). :)

C4

There's this one cat who is a staff member and wins matches with a S&W M&P Pro 9mm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfD6S9mcrsQ

C45P312
04-16-10, 22:18
If they don't continue with the 24/7 access I won't renew my membership.

One of the guys there told me they'll have 2 indoor pistol ranges.

One that's 24 hours and not as nice.
And one that's not 24 hours, will be use only when a RSO is present, but will be very nice.

Who knows?

DrMark
04-16-10, 22:56

1) New Indoor Range
- Going to be nicer

2) "Tactical Pistol Pit"
- Who knows? lol
...had not heard this!

I'll ask some Range Officers I know.

C4IGrant
04-17-10, 08:18
There's this one cat who is a staff member and wins matches with a S&W M&P Pro 9mm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfD6S9mcrsQ

SHUT UP!

C4

Robb Jensen
04-17-10, 08:31
SHUT UP!

C4

Wait...aren't you that guy with the old man sight on the slide of your M&P ? :p

M4arc
04-17-10, 08:59
One of the guys there told me they'll have 2 indoor pistol ranges.

One that's 24 hours and not as nice.
And one that's not 24 hours, will be use only when a RSO is present, but will be very nice.

Who knows?

Whew, that's better!

I haven't heard of two pistol ranges. I heard of the "tactical pit" but the last news I heard on the handgun range was they were going to basically build a new steel building around the old clubhouse/handgun range and then demo it once they had the steel building up and surrounding it. Then build out a new club house and indoor range.

They even poored the footer and have all the materials just laying there but nothing has been done in at least three years.

va_dinger and I will take you up there sometime, show you around and sponser you if you want to join.

Are you going to the Hackathorn class next weekend?

M4arc
04-17-10, 08:59

Oh burn...:D

C4IGrant
04-17-10, 12:16

Nope, not me. Would never use such a ghey thing.

C4

DrMark
04-17-10, 15:07

...he could have just put Glock sights on his M&P.

:)

M4arc
04-17-10, 15:11

Speaking of sights, those Ameriglo Operators you have on your M&P9 are very, very nice!

Robb Jensen
04-17-10, 15:12

He said the duct tape wouldn't hold them on under recoil. ;)

DrMark
04-17-10, 15:30
Speaking of sights, those Ameriglo Operators you have on your M&P9 are very, very nice!

Yeah, I like them. It's nice to have several options on the market for M&P sights now.

M4arc
04-17-10, 15:32
Yeah, I like them. It's nice to have several options on the market for M&P sights now.

I think I'm going to order a set for mine. Errrr...I mean my Glocks...:D

C45P312
04-17-10, 18:21
Whew, that's better!

I haven't heard of two pistol ranges. I heard of the "tactical pit" but the last news I heard on the handgun range was they were going to basically build a new steel building around the old clubhouse/handgun range and then demo it once they had the steel building up and surrounding it. Then build out a new club house and indoor range.

They even poored the footer and have all the materials just laying there but nothing has been done in at least three years.

va_dinger and I will take you up there sometime, show you around and sponser you if you want to join.

Are you going to the Hackathorn class next weekend?

Sounds like a plan. I have the application already. Just never thought about filling it out till now.

Just PM'd dinger to see if he knows if my money order made it to them down there. Couldn't pay with credit card because something is up with my statements. But yeah, for all I know, I will be going. Where's everyone staying at? Would like to book my room by end day today