PDA

View Full Version : Fulton Armory Parts?

das
04-17-10, 04:38
Has anyone ever used parts from Fulton Armory? If so is the quality good?

Eric Cartman
04-17-10, 07:35
from what I have read, some (or most) of their parts come from DPMS

.45fmjoe
04-17-10, 23:07
DPMS crap.

hikeeba
04-19-10, 11:26
Are you looking for any parts in particular?

I just ordered an A1 stock kit from them, so I will let you know what I think when I get it. UPS says the package will arrive on Wednesday.

ST911
04-19-10, 18:24
Yes, lots of DPMS.

However, credit where credit is due: Judging by the complete FA products I've owned and seen, they do have a much greater consistency in quality of parts selection and assembly than parts would get at the source. This is a good example of how you can mitigate some issues with lower end components if you select and build them wisely.

(Worthwhile to note: Almost all of my FA experience is with 20"+ guns. Rifles are likely to generate fewer of certain types of issues anyway.)

Fulton Armory CS is excellent, and you can usually get the owner on the phone. Call with questions.

m1a_scoutguy
04-19-10, 22:57
Are you looking for any parts in particular?

I just ordered an A1 stock kit from them, so I will let you know what I think when I get it. UPS says the package will arrive on Wednesday.

I bought & installed a A1 stock kit from Fulton a few months ago and all is well !! I have run about 500 rds through the rifle with this Stock setup and so far everything is running fine. Stock looked great and shipped fast ! :)

hikeeba
04-20-10, 10:38
I bought & installed a A1 stock kit from Fulton a few months ago and all is well !! I have run about 500 rds through the rifle with this Stock setup and so far everything is running fine. Stock looked great and shipped fast ! :)

Thanks for the input, m1a_scoutguy. I haven't talked to anyone at FA, but yes, my order was process and shipped pretty quick (turn-around was less that 24 hours). This surprised me, as they have a statement on their website stating to allow 2-3 weeks before even inquiring about an order.

hikeeba
04-22-10, 09:33
My A1 stock kit arrived yesterday. As m1a_scoutguy said, it does look great. Based on what I've read about A1 stocks, I think this may be a Cav Arms stock body, as there is a slight depression that runs the length of the stock under the receiver extension channel. Also, the storage area seems to be quite ample, which was another thing I've read about the Cav Arms stock. But I have never owned an A1/A2 stock, so I really don't know.

The butt plate ever-so-slightly overlaps the stock in a couple places, but you really need to look closely to see this, as it is not obvious. The trap door assembly is metal. All of the parts in the stock kit look good and are finished nicely.

m1a_scoutguy
04-22-10, 13:20
My A1 stock kit arrived yesterday. As m1a_scoutguy said, it does look great. Based on what I've read about A1 stocks, I think this may be a Cav Arms stock body, as there is a slight depression that runs the length of the stock under the receiver extension channel. Also, the storage area seems to be quite ample, which was another thing I've read about the Cav Arms stock. But I have never owned an A1/A2 stock, so I really don't know.

The butt plate ever-so-slightly overlaps the stock in a couple places, but you really need to look closely to see this, as it is not obvious. The trap door assembly is metal. All of the parts in the stock kit look good and are finished nicely.

Cool,,glad you got your Stock !!! A buddy told me to get the A1 Kit from Fulton because they use the Metal Butt Plate,:),,I think he said if you order the Stock from other places they include the cheaper plastic one,,,,:( Glad everything went well,,,,I'm about to order another one myself for a New build I'm working on !!!! I'll keep ya posted !! :)