PDA

View Full Version : G34 Holster Recommendations

madisonsfinest
04-17-10, 10:06
Does anyone have any recommendations on a holster for a G34? I will be using it at the range, and hopefully competitions eventually. I'll be putting it on something similar to the USGG Warhog Belt.
Edit.... I would also like it to accept an attached TLR-1

operator81
04-17-10, 10:39
Not sure what your belt is, but Comp-Tac and Blade-Tech make some nice belt holsters that would suit you fine at the range and competition. You could also give Raven Concealment a look but they ride a bit higher and closer and are more geared to CCW.

Gutshot John
04-17-10, 10:46
disregard

GlockWRX
04-17-10, 11:13
Raven for a close fitting concealment holster. Blade-Tech for a competition rig. I use a Blade-Tech with a drop bracket (or whatever they call it) with an ATS warbelt and it works very well.

deuce9166
04-17-10, 13:28
I have both Comp-Tac and Blade Tech and I think the Comp-Tac is a little better holster. I have broken a Blade Tech but not a Comp-Tac..yet. I also think the Com-Tac is more comfortable to wear. I have not used a Raven, however a friend of mine has one for a G23 and likes it.

ROCKET20_GINSU
04-17-10, 15:58
I concur, I too prefer comp-tac over blade tech for holsters, I like the blade tech mag pouches though (tekloc).

I currently use a Comp-tac belt holster for my G34 for USPSA prod and IDPA SSP. It is very fast and I am a huge fan. The fit is terrific and I couldn't be happier. The presentation of the pistol is very smooth from the holster. If you require drop offset go with the blade tech but otherwise comp-tac is g2g.

GU

LOKNLOD
04-17-10, 16:58
Another user of the basic Comp-tac belt holster here. No complaints, but I have the non-light model for my 34.

However, I've been shooting my G19 from a Raven holster almost exclusively lately and I really like the design. I will eventually pick one up for my 34 w/ light i expect.

Since you mention hanging it off a MOLLE-type belt, I will say that the design and interchangeable mounting options of the Raven would give you more options than the fixed belt loops of the Comp-tac design - though I think the comp-tac belt loops are probably a little more rugged (totally subjective opinion).

Another option to look at in a similar vein as the Ravens is the Peters Custom Holsters.

madisonsfinest
04-17-10, 17:43
I like the look of the peters customs but they don't show that they offer a G34 Holster

LOKNLOD
04-17-10, 18:37
I like the look of the peters customs but they don't show that they offer a G34 Holster

Looks like you're right but I also see they seem pretty welcome to inquiries about models not listed. I don't think a G34 is odd request. I think they're worth looking into since they look to offer a MOLLE-friendly attachment?

JonInWA
04-18-10, 10:06
First, congratulations on the new G34. Next, regarding holsters/belts: For a IWB holster, I've been very pleased with Blade-Tech's IWBs in general; specifically, I had them make up a IWB Nano for my G34, and its been excellent. For an OWB holster, Glock's simple Sport/Combat beltslide is surprisingly good, and at around $15.00 an unbeatable bargain (but if you use it for the G34 with the extended magazine release, you'll need to cut out a portion to allow for it).

For belts, 5.11 makes a line of reeinforced leather belts that have stood up fairly well; after 2 years, I need to replace the most heavily used. An all-around excellent belt series are The Wilderness' 5-Stitch belts, available in several buckle set-ups, several colors, and in several widths. Their magazine pouches are also excellent.

Best, Jon