PDA

View Full Version : Kick Ass

SW-Shooter
04-17-10, 18:08
Easily one of the best movies in years.

If you are on the fence or said you're not gonna waste the funds. GO SEE IT!

I thought it was funny, serious, and a must see for gun nuts and the like. I give it a 5 out of 5.

John_Wayne777
04-17-10, 18:22
Saw it last night with Todd, Chris, and the Vihnninator. Definitely worth a watch...not a kid movie, however.

Tonight I'm stuck in this supposed exhibition of Chinese culture and dance...it's like a frigging teen movie with the cast taken from the Chinese student association. I'm sitting here trying to figure out the ideal muzzle placement in my mouth to ensure instant death. It's far more pleasant than what is happening on the stage.

dookie1481
04-18-10, 13:12
Yeah I thought it looked terrible, but I was pleasantly surprised. Two thumbs up.

Jay

Robb Jensen
04-18-10, 13:21
Saw it last night with Todd, Chris, and the Vihnninator. Definitely worth a watch...not a kid movie, however.

You all need to give a brother more of a heads up. If I didn't already have had plans Friday night I would have went too.

jaydoc1
04-18-10, 17:21
Ridiculously good movie. Two thumbs up from me as well.

austinN4
04-18-10, 17:44
"I'm just f***ing with you, Daddy."

SW-Shooter
04-18-10, 18:11
"I'm just f***ing with you, Daddy."

It's funny how a simple quote can make you smile. I raffed a rittle.

John_Wayne777
04-18-10, 18:14
You all need to give a brother more of a heads up. If I didn't already have had plans Friday night I would have went too.

Dude...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=51776

:D

I'm sure we'll be planning some shindigs in the future.

Irish
04-18-10, 18:15
Saw it and thought it was great! Definitely got quite a few laughs from me and the wifey too.

Gatorhunt
04-18-10, 22:42
My son took his G/F to see it last night and said it was great.

Guess i'll have to go see it now with the wife.:D

M4Fundi
04-19-10, 01:24
What is it rated? Or more importantly what age kids should NOT see it?

I got into trouble for taking the nephews to see Finding Nemo because the shark scenes gave them nightmares:eek: I'm very careful now:D

SW-Shooter
04-19-10, 02:23
I wouldn't take anyone under 16.

John_Wayne777
04-19-10, 06:59

I got into trouble for taking the nephews to see Finding Nemo because the shark scenes gave them nightmares:eek: I'm very careful now:D

Anyone whom you don't want to hear the word "****" several dozen times shouldn't go.

BigBuckeye
04-19-10, 07:15
LOVED it! When she was describing the "signal" of how to get a hold of them......I almost cried.....

jaydoc1
04-19-10, 09:37

Contains ultra-violence, sex, and extensive profanity.

You make the call. :p

JonnyVain
04-19-10, 10:59
Wait... so the movie is called Kick Ass?

I'm so far out of the loop.

austinN4
04-19-10, 11:23
Wait... so the movie is called Kick Ass? I'm so far out of the loop.
Get in the loop here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1250777/

parishioner
05-09-10, 12:43
Saw it last night.

Different from what I thought it would be but good over all.

I usually can't stand Nicholas Cage but he was actually tolerable in this movie. Actually, I liked him.

And boy can Hit-Girl work a USP!

Also, one of the better soundtracks I've heard in a while.

Ed L.
05-09-10, 17:23
I actually saw it after Todd recommended it in last week's Aim Fast Shoot Fast Class.

I really enjoyed it even though I generally don't like cartoonish John Woo violence. But I have a big soft spot for small children cursing. Here is a link to it. Profanity warning for playing it in your workplace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zLsdBEsr90&playnext_from=TL&videos=WQmH6_ssDmM

Then there's the following one which has the line:

"How do I get ahold of you?"

"You just contact the mayor. He has a special signal he shines in the sky. It's in the shape of a giant cock."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afvroczf42U&NR=1

SW-Shooter
05-09-10, 17:44
It was way better than Iron Man 2, such a over hyped movie got bested by a foul mouthed 12 year old.

parishioner
05-09-10, 17:48
It was way better than Iron Man 2, such a over hyped movie got bested by a foul mouthed 12 year old.

Over-hyped? Naaa. It was only playing in 11 different screening rooms at my local theater.

BigBuckeye
05-09-10, 22:25
I loved Kick Ass, but I also liked Iron Man2..........I thought Iron Man2 was one of the best sequals that I have seen........

skyugo
05-09-10, 23:37
great movie..
funny and action packed and serious when needed :D