PDA

View Full Version : HK45 Holster/Light Questions

Outlander Systems
04-17-10, 21:06
Finally got around to getting the JCP, I mean HK45.

Since I'm pretty OCD about on-board illumination capabilities, what sort of lights are you guys rockin'?

What sort of holster options are available. I'm pretty enamoured with Blade-Tech, but I'm SOL on them.

This seems to be a recurring theme of mine; choosing sidearms with hard-to-find holsters.

I could always go for a custom leather setup. There's something to be said about a 21st-Century setup parked in an anachronistic rig.

Apollo11
04-17-10, 21:48
I am a huge fan of the Surefire X300, and the Raven Concealment Phantom Light Compatible Holster:http://www.themalabarfront.com/product_info.php?cPath=82_85_93&products_id=1578

I think this is a great setup.

SteveL
04-17-10, 22:42
I have the USP 45 with the Surefire rail adapter and a Surefire light and I was never able to find a holster to accomodate it with the light attached. Bladetech used to offer holsters for this setup but discontinued them. I contacted them to find out if one could still be made but they never got back with me like they promised they would.

Apollo11
04-17-10, 22:49
I have the USP 45 with the Surefire rail adapter and a Surefire light and I was never able to find a holster to accomodate it with the light attached. Bladetech used to offer holsters for this setup but discontinued them. I contacted them to find out if one could still be made but they never got back with me like they promised they would.

Steve, try the link I provided above.

SmokeJumper
04-17-10, 23:37
I am a huge fan of the Surefire X300, and the Raven Concealment Phantom Light Compatible Holster:http://www.themalabarfront.com/product_info.php?cPath=82_85_93&products_id=1578

+1 Great light and great holster as well.

LockenLoad
04-17-10, 23:37
raven concealment, x300

SteveL
04-18-10, 21:22
Steve, try the link I provided above.

I've already had a look at it. Thanks for posting it. I had given up on ever getting a holster that would accomodate my pistol with the light attached.

gtmtnbiker98
04-19-10, 06:21
They are out there; however, Raven seems to offer the best solution with the WML attached. I am currently running a TLR-1 on my HK45, but I do not leave the light mounted when I carry it. The light, in my circumstance, is only mounted when it's performing it's HD duties. For range and competition, I use a Comp-Tac belt holster for my HK45 and I really like it.

newyork
04-19-10, 06:45
raven concealment, x300

+1, great set up

SCULLY
04-19-10, 12:27

I imagine not, but will the light compatible holster also work without the X300 on gun or do you need to buy a seperate holster designed for the HK45 by itself.

Thanks
Mike

loupav
04-19-10, 13:17
I've already had a look at it. Thanks for posting it. I had given up on ever getting a holster that would accomodate my pistol with the light attached.

I too use that same exact setup and got my holster in a few weeks ago. It's very cool, and I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

loupav
04-19-10, 13:18
As for what I use with my HK45, I use a X300 in a safari-land 6005.

CQC.45
04-19-10, 18:02
Im running an Insight Procyon on my M&P45 in a bladetech holster. Im very happy with it. Insight now has an updated version of the Procyon, cant remember the name...

Apollo11
04-19-10, 20:21
I imagine not, but will the light compatible holster also work without the X300 on gun or do you need to buy a seperate holster designed for the HK45 by itself.

Thanks
Mike

Scully,

The light becomes apart of the "retention" and the holster will not work without the light attached. You'll need another holster.

SCULLY
04-19-10, 20:26
Scully,

The light becomes apart of the "retention" and the holster will not work without the light attached. You'll need another holster.

That's what i figured, thanks for the confirmation.

Mike