PDA

View Full Version : Glock light on a LE6920?

Buckshot Barry
04-17-10, 23:05
I want to add a light with the least amount of alteration to my LE6920. I do use a Glock light on my M17 and really like it.

Is this a bad idea to use a CDP BLAM2 and mount the light?

CDP BLAM2 (http://customdefensiveproducts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=C&Product_Code=BLAM2&Category_Code=AR15)

GLOCK Tactical Light (http://www.glock.com/english/index_acc_gtl.htm)

Buckshot Barry
04-18-10, 17:33
Well I ordered the BLAM2 this evening after getting all my questions answered by the manufacturer. Dan at CDP addressed side swivel clearance and allignment with sights as the BLAM2 has a slight upward tilt. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Bimmer
04-19-10, 11:21
Is this a bad idea to use a CDP BLAM2 and mount the light?

Well, you've apparently already gone and done it, but here's my 2¢:

1. The BLAM2 looks like a 6 o'clock mount, which is a problem...

2. The Glock light is incandescent (Xenon), and it looks bulky. I can't imagine it costs less than a Streamlight TLR-1, which would be better in just about every way.

Bimmer

Buckshot Barry
04-25-10, 09:53
The mount came in last week and I must say is working just fine. There were no fitting issues on my LE6920. It slid right over the bayonet mount without scratching a thing. Took about 2 minutes to tighten the 2 hex screws and it is rock solid. The upward tilt is just what is needed to center the light beam with the front sight.

BTW, the Glock Tactical Light was just one I had already purchased years ago for my 17. I think it looks cool, but I am sure there are much better lights for this setup and I may buy one in the future. Anyway here is a photo. Side sling swivel clears everything.

http://www.mindspring.com/~buckshotbarry/glocklight.jpg

xamoel
04-25-10, 10:20
well i wouldn't really say that the glock GTL lights are bulky, considered that there is white light, IR illumination, red laser and IR laser combined in it (the GTL 51/52 at least).

just look at Laser Devices product line of handgun lights with IR and laser, that's bulky!

are there any other handgun lights that have all those features combined in one unit?

Bimmer
04-28-10, 22:52
well i wouldn't really say that the glock GTL lights are bulky, considered that there is white light, IR illumination, red laser and IR laser combined in it (the GTL 51/52 at least).

Are there any other handgun lights that have all those features combined in one unit?

The OP said that he had the "light" which looks like it's the same size as the all-included models.

You're right, it looks smaller on the AR, though it still looks bigger than a TLR-1 or an X300...

IMHO, mounting at 6 o'clock and using an incandescent were still poor decisions, regardless of its bulk...

Bimmer

Buckshot Barry
05-19-10, 14:12
Just a follow up. I installed a TLR-1S on the rail mount today.

Sweet!

Lower profile and easier to get to the switch. What a nice light for under $110. I do like it better than the Glock light when mounted on the LE6920