PDA

View Full Version : LMT & LWRC Prices

Iceberg
04-18-10, 09:40
The prices of my favorite black/tan rifles sure are dropping. I bought my LMT CQB MRP piston gun several months ago for just under $2K out the door and thought it was a great deal, now I see them on Gunbroker for less than $1700…..ouch. It does seem odd that the prices of LWRC rifles have not dropped below $2K since they are similar in features and quality. Does anyone know why LWRC prices are remaining so high?

This week at the Portland Gun Show I saw a new tan SCAR 5.56 for less than $2300; just a few months ago there were guys buying SCARs for well north of $3K (up to $7K). The same dealer had a Bushmaster ACR on his table for the same price as the tan SCAR. It really was pretty cool to see both rifles side by side. After holding (fondling) both, I liked look & feel of the SCAR better than the ACR. The guy next to me at the table & my buddy thought the exact opposite; they really like the look & feel of the ACR. Maybe is we wait long enough the prices of both the SCAR & ACR will drop to $1500 or less were they belong…..lol.

I'm was really hoping to see an new LMT .308 MRP rifle at the show, but no one had one. Hopefully the price of these bad boys will drop once production picks up and demand levels off. It is my next needful thing that I am saving for.

Magic_Salad0892
04-18-10, 15:21
LWRCi prices are still high because of availability, as far as I know.

Ak44
04-18-10, 17:53
Cost is kinda pricey, so Dealers can't really cut too much of a break. Whats ridiculous to me is the cost of their uppers compared to complete rifles. Might as well just buy a complete rifle haha.

Impact
04-18-10, 18:14
the LWRCi REPR are nice but not $3.5K nice especially with all the remaining bugs that need to be worked out.

Ak44
04-18-10, 18:18
the LWRCi REPR are nice but not $3.5K nice especially with all the remaining bugs that need to be worked out.

I agree...If I had that much to spend I would save a little more and get an SR25.

foxer
04-19-10, 01:47
Iceberg, do you remember which shop carried the LMT piston? I want to check one out but not sure who carries them in the PDX area.

Magic_Salad0892
04-19-10, 03:17
I have an LWRCi REPR that's coming in a couple days.

Will post an update on how it runs.

First reliable piston AR-10?

bkb0000
04-19-10, 03:29
sort of off-topic, but how were ammo prices? i totally forgot about the show.. i'd intended to go grab some 9 milly

Iceberg
04-19-10, 20:32
Iceberg, do you remember which shop carried the LMT piston? I want to check one out but not sure who carries them in the PDX area.

NW Armory carries LMT rifles. I looked at the LWRC rifles that Kieth's had on his tables and ended up w/ a LMT CQB MRP Piston Defender 16. I thought is looked and felt better than the LWRC rifles and was hundreds of dollars less.

scottryan
04-19-10, 20:40
LWRC are too much money for not getting a monolith.

Kchen986
04-19-10, 22:17

Full Disclosure: I have 2 LWRCs and really like them.

That said, monolithic platforms require a complete new upper should the rail get bent. How durable a monolithic rail may be is up to speculation.

scottryan
04-19-10, 23:01

That said, monolithic platforms require a complete new upper should the rail get bent. How durable a monolithic rail may be is up to speculation.

While true, every new assault rifle is monolith. Both the ACR and SCAR are monolith.

It is clearly the tread of the future and for good reason, as it allows a user to mount any sighting device anywhere along the top of the gun.

oef24
04-20-10, 01:05
I too purchased an MRP Piston when they first came out and paid more than what they are going for now. They did come out in the gun craze time. LWRC has maintained their pricing and has not lowered their dealer costs or MSRP's. The REPR did jump up in price but LWRC honored the original lower price to dealers that had their orders in early. REPR's are not as abundant in the market so I guess they can justify the $3600.00 price. For that kind of coin, I prefer the proven and ultra accurate POF 308. For $3600, you can get the POF 308 and a very good piece of glass. Larue had a cutoff time on their OBR before they raised the price by $500.00. I received an email today to confirm my OBR setup.
I guess as long as you didn't pay 10K for a SCAR when were first released, you should be ok. Maybe prices will continue to fall like with the SCAR. And hopefully the ACR will drop to the estimated and targeted original price of $1500.00. Only time will tell but there is nothing wrong with wishful thinking.

O

VooDoo6Actual
04-20-10, 11:53
yes,

I have noticed the same trend and more to come imo.

Watch for the haircuts after the SCAR 17H and ACR .308's are released as well.

ALCOAR
04-21-10, 06:19

Are you for real? This has got to be one of my fav's if so.

SteveL
04-21-10, 06:38
I too purchased an MRP Piston when they first came out and paid more than what they are going for now. They did come out in the gun craze time. LWRC has maintained their pricing and has not lowered their dealer costs or MSRP's. The REPR did jump up in price but LWRC honored the original lower price to dealers that had their orders in early. REPR's are not as abundant in the market so I guess they can justify the $3600.00 price. For that kind of coin, I prefer the proven and ultra accurate POF 308. For $3600, you can get the POF 308 and a very good piece of glass. Larue had a cutoff time on their OBR before they raised the price by $500.00. I received an email today to confirm my OBR setup.
I guess as long as you didn't pay 10K for a SCAR when were first released, you should be ok. Maybe prices will continue to fall like with the SCAR. And hopefully the ACR will drop to the estimated and targeted original price of $1500.00. Only time will tell but there is nothing wrong with wishful thinking.

O

I hope so. I was hoping to get an ACR or SCAR either later this year or early next year, but for me they're both cost prohibitive right now.

markm
04-21-10, 22:28

LWRC is too much money for their horrible QC track record... But people gobble up their internet astro turfing. :rolleyes:

Iraqgunz says the DEA guns are over in Afghanistan. LWRC is really being responsive to all the DEA's needs. They must be REALLY DESPARATE for someone to come through with a positive review of their guns....

... someone besides their own employees' fake positive reviews all over the net.

(I wouldn't touch an LMT for free at this point either. They're trying to take king of the QC problem gun hill it seems too!)

Roneski
04-21-10, 22:32
I've got a M6A3, I'm happy with. I'm not an employee. :D

But I'm only shooting at targets...

Sensei
04-22-10, 02:02
LWRC is too much money for their horrible QC track record... But people gobble up their internet astro turfing. :rolleyes:

Iraqgunz says the DEA guns are over in Afghanistan. LWRC is really being responsive to all the DEA's needs. They must be REALLY DESPARATE for someone to come through with a positive review of their guns....

... someone besides their own employees' fake positive reviews all over the net.

(I wouldn't touch an LMT for free at this point either. They're trying to take king of the QC problem gun hill it seems too!)

Here we go again. Someone mentions LWRCI and it must send an alarm to your computer. Did someone from LWRCI shoot your dog or something? Oh well, it looks like we get to enjoy your colorful remarks on all future LMT threads.

bkb0000
04-22-10, 02:05
I wouldn't touch an LMT for free at this point either. They're trying to take king of the QC problem gun hill it seems too!)

how do you figure?

GlockWRX
04-22-10, 10:47
MarkM has no idea what he's talking about, especially when it comes to LWRC. I would suspect his ignorance applies to LMT as well.

Remember that part of the reason that LMT prices were high was because they were very scarce for most of the Obama hysteria last year. They weren't delivering a lot of product for most of 2009, and people were jacking up the price due to the scarcity. But now they seem to be making more stuff, and it's easy to get the regular MRP for about $1500 and the piston for $1800. LWRC was delivering quite a bit of product and their prices have remained stable over the last year or so. I bought my M6A2 right at a year ago, and aside from the occasional sale, the price today is exactly what I paid during the craziness.

bkb0000
04-22-10, 11:40
i've been known to rip on LWRC. they do have a pretty shitty rep, and the whole piston AR thing is a joke to begin with. but there ARE LWRC rifles that run correctly- probably most of them, probably the vast majority of them. i fired one not too long ago- i only put a couple mags through it, but i rammed 'em through it, and it ran.

my biggest problem with LWRC, and the reason i think people really like to get down on them, is all the ridiculous hype LWRC has pumped up about their guns- as though they're the pinnacle of innovation and reliability. which is hysterical.

Mark has a stick up his butt over LMT, and will interject with LMT hatred in any thread that mentions them- but wont ever tell us why. having used a LOT of LMT parts, by hobbyist/amateur armorer standards, and having put tens of thousands of rounds through a multitude of predominantly LMT part guns, i'm just not seeing it.

Norinco
04-22-10, 12:53
I’ve been hearing a lot of mixed things about LMT's newer products. I’ve been considering an AR build and wanted to put an LMT lower on a BCM upper, but I hear that LMT's QC has gone downhill. Rough machining and such...

ALCOAR
04-22-10, 15:27
LMT SPEAKS FOR THEMSELVES...if you have so called worries about their QC issues or LACK THERE OF, please save coin and buy a hesse

jwinch2
04-22-10, 15:56
I bought my LMT Piston MRP CQB Carbine during the height of the pre-post election Obama gun grabbing scare. I had my order in late summer of 2008 so my dealer honored my original price which I thought was classy of them.

To date, I have about 2K rounds through it with not a single hiccup. I have also noticed no signs of carrier tilt or any other problems. My bolt is easier to clean as is the chamber. Do I have to clean the piston mechanism itself? Yep, sure do but it is very easy and my overall cleaning time is definitely reduced. Fit and finish upon receipt of the carbine were and remain perfect.

I am very very happy with my LMT and actually consider it the one gun that I have bought in my life to date that I don't have even the slightest tinge of buyers remorse about.

Kchen986
04-22-10, 16:26
Are you for real? This has got to be one of my fav's if so.

Yes, I am "for real."

The guns that have rails on them are configured in what we call a "monolithic profile" meaning there is no gap between the upper receiver and rail and they are on the same plane.

We tried doing the one piece upper thing in the past but it just didn't make sense; we deal with a lot of customer who go charing through doorways and putting themselves in harms way (God Bless them) and they made a very good point...if they are charging through said doorway and smack their rail on a corner or what have you, bam! rail is bent easy fix though, replace the rail. IF you do the same with the one-piece upper you're now stuck having to replace the whole damn thing.

http://forum.lwrci.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6642&highlight=monolithic

Again, I don't know how likely you'll bend a MRP or 6940's rail, but take it for what it's worth.

Norinco
04-22-10, 16:32
I've always been under the impression that LMT's products are of VERY high quality...just been hearing some smack-talk about them lately.

ALCOAR
04-22-10, 16:45
I bought my LMT Piston MRP CQB Carbine during the height of the pre-post election Obama gun grabbing scare. I had my order in late summer of 2008 so my dealer honored my original price which I thought was classy of them.

To date, I have about 2K rounds through it with not a single hiccup. I have also noticed no signs of carrier tilt or any other problems. My bolt is easier to clean as is the chamber. Do I have to clean the piston mechanism itself? Yep, sure do but it is very easy and my overall cleaning time is definitely reduced. Fit and finish upon receipt of the carbine were and remain perfect.

I am very very happy with my LMT and actually consider it the one gun that I have bought in my life to date that I don't have even the slightest tinge of buyers remorse about.

This is LMT speaking for themselves.....thats fantastic you have such a fine weapon and i for one dont mind people not buying LMT, why, more for me and you:D

ALCOAR
04-22-10, 16:49
I've always been under the impression that LMT's products are of VERY high quality...just been hearing some smack-talk about them lately.

Its because your on that silly little Internet, smack runs the net!

Norinco
04-22-10, 22:25
Its because your on that silly little Internet, smack runs the net!

I figured it was all bullshit...I've pretty much made up my mind on an LMT lower.:D

DocHolliday01
04-22-10, 22:39

Have you ever actually owned an LWRC rifle? Do you have experience with there Customer Service? I have a M6A2 10.5 upper that had a loose front sight. They had me send it back and gave me a new one, in about a week and a half. WTF is your deal with them? Every chance you get you bash them but never say what your personal experience is with them.

Belmont31R
04-22-10, 23:02
I think LMT is fine as long as you can inspect what you are buying before taking it home.

I just bought an LMT lower locally, and it was well put together. Others Ive seen were pretty piss poor. Things like staking on the castle nut not even being in the cut out. Just a random staking on the end plate a good 1/4" from the cut out on the castle nut. Trigger pin holes machined so rough the pin couple be wobbled up and down with your finger. The take down pin holes unfinished, and very rough machining.

I now have 3 LMT lowers, and a variety of uppers. They all run excellent. I would not buy an LMT product sight unseen as at least to the ones Ive seen in dealers and bought online in the past they are hit or miss. A dealer could get 3 lowers, and one is all jacked up while the other 2 are perfect.

LWRC might get my attention when they decide to settle on one design, and not be constantly introducing fixes as problems pop up because designing a piston AR that runs as smoothly across the board as a DI gun is still a developing tale. If you buy a gun today chances are in 2-3 years the guns they are selling will have quite a few modifications done as problems with customer guns pop up. I don't see a need to pay 2k a for a gun that is not "done" being developed.

civilian
04-22-10, 23:24
You must have LWRC radar or something. Whenever that name appears on this site you track down the thread and make a negative comment. Now you're adding LMT to your list and with nothing to back up your claims in the form of facts, or evidence. Save that bullshit for the ignorant. Please.

CarlosDJackal
04-23-10, 13:06

I've never been employed by LWRCI or any gun maker (although I wish I was). I own two of their uppers (mated to my two SBRs). I've received nothing but positive Customer Service from them from even before I bought the first one 2-years ago. I have run over 10k rounds through the first one (10.5-inch M6A1) and around 4k rounds through the second one (12.7-inch M6A3).

I've used these in carbine classes held by Larry Vickers, Pat Rogers and Kyle Lamb.

Does that count?

ADDED: I also have a 10.5-inch upper from LMT that I have used in the Vickers/Hackathorne class and have had no issues with it.

Magic_Salad0892
04-25-10, 06:03
i've been known to rip on LWRC. they do have a pretty shitty rep, and the whole piston AR thing is a joke to begin with. but there ARE LWRC rifles that run correctly- probably most of them, probably the vast majority of them. i fired one not too long ago- i only put a couple mags through it, but i rammed 'em through it, and it ran.

First off, I'd like to ask what why you rip on them? What do you not like about their rifle?

Overall as a weapon system do you like them? I'd like to inquire.

(Piston ARs a joke? Us AK and FAL guys need ARs too. :))

I've seen a lot of ARs run through classes, I've read about even more.

I've never even HEARD about LWRCi guns failing.

That said I used to own an older M6A2 with a two piece bolt carrier.

They replaced it with their ''coffin'' design for FREE. In less than two weeks.

Their CS is amazing.

LMT by the way. I've heard of recent QC issues. But I'm just not seeing it.

Maybe a few weak bolt releases, but nothing real.

I might actually get a 12.5'' MRP and modify it with LWRCi internals and see what happens. :D I'm diggin' the idea. I'll post a review or something if I do it.

LWRCi guns

Pinnacle of innovation? In piston guns... I'll say yes. In ARs... no. I'll give that to KAC.

Pinnacle of reliability? I will openly say yes. Any gun that can be reloaded and fired as it comes out of the water suppressed gains that title in my book.

I've seen the rifle do it. In person.

(If I see a DI gun do this too though, it'll be mentioned. C'mon KAC or Noveske! :D)

Oh BTW:

If KAC ever makes a piston gun, it'll throw on an LWRCi or Noveske barrel and I'll never fire another AR again. Guaranteed.

BTW Again:

I'm surprised somebody found my thread on the LWRCi forums. I like it. :)

Jay Cunningham
04-25-10, 06:14
This thread is turning into he said/she said BARFcom style bullshit.

Is this what all of you want M4C to become?

LRB45
04-25-10, 07:48
I have a LMT 14.5" upper and LMT Sopmod lower receiver that I received middle of last year and both of them were very well made. I haven't had any problems and the few times I had a question I was able to speak with Gene right away and even one time he was at break and they said he would call me back later. You know what, to my surprise, he called not more than fifteen minutes later. Their CS is gtg.

RogerinTPA
04-25-10, 08:23
My vote is for LMT. I have had the MRP rifle length 16", for quite a while and it runs like a champ. It's a quality company with some of the best lowers, uppers and complete weapons out there.

djegators
04-25-10, 08:43
This thread is turning into he said/she said BARFcom style bullshit.

Is this what all of you want M4C to become?

Listen to this guys. I like to spend more time here than there, for this very reason. Experienced folks posting facts on what they actually have experience with. I want to chat and learn from the grownups, not play games with the kids.

d90king
04-25-10, 09:42
Yes, I am "for real."

http://forum.lwrci.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6642&highlight=monolithic

Again, I don't know how likely you'll bend a MRP or 6940's rail, but take it for what it's worth.

Did you just post a thread from LWRCI as a factual representation of your statement? I am on over there and there are some good guys but the majority of them really are not that sharp. There are some exceptions but it is certainly not the rule. The link you provided demonstrates just that. Fanboys will always present an argument or scenario that makes their preference seem like the better option, remember that.

As far as how likely...? NOT VERY, you are just as likely to bend a free float rail and barrel and at the end of the day, you are still out of the fight either way.

And in full disclosure, I own both an A3 and MRP's...

Kchen986
04-25-10, 09:59
Did you just post a thread from LWRCI as a factual representation of your statement? I am on over there and there are some good guys but the majority of them really are not that sharp. There are some exceptions but it is certainly not the rule. The link you provided demonstrates just that. Fanboys will always present an argument or scenario that makes their preference seem like the better option, remember that.

As far as how likely...? NOT VERY, you are just as likely to bend a free float rail and barrel and at the end of the day, you are still out of the fight either way.

And in full disclosure, I own both an A3 and MRP's...

You did notice I put, "take it for what it's worth." Right? Furthermore, the whole non-monolithic thing was in response to "too expense for non-monolithic argument." I was simply pointing out a pretty good reason why LWRC didn't go with monolithic platforms, and the concomitant source that I heard it from.

I'm sure the MRP is a great gun, I'm sure DI guns run great (as was my experience). Pointing out a reason for non-monolithic platforms doesn't turn me in to a 'not-sharp-fanboy.'

Magic_Salad0892
04-26-10, 04:37
Honestly I don't like monolithic platforms for two reasons.

On a piston gun - I can't access the piston and I don't trust any company's design to be ''Self cleaning'' (Even though I'd trust an LWRCi rifle that's gone 50,000 without having been cleaned. I've seen them go ridiculous round counts without cleaning and lubrication, same with KAC, and Daniel Defence though.)

On a DI gun - I can't put a KAC URX II on it. My favorite FF rail.

I don't like any other.

ETA: I'm still trying to find a way to put a URX II on a piston gun. I just want to prove that I can do it at this point.

Magic_Salad0892
04-30-10, 16:36
That's odd. I'm trying to find another 18'' M6A3 for a DMR build, and can't find any LWRCi rifle anywhere.

IRONFINS
04-30-10, 21:48
I have a LWRCi, it is not a 18 inch barrel and M6A3. I have a M6a2 16 inch barrel 6.8spc. 100rds shot, you can have it for $1950.00, I'll even ship it free to your choice of FFL.

Magic_Salad0892
05-01-10, 05:02
Sorry IRONFINS.

I only run SBRs, besides my new wanting for a DMR.

And I own an A2 already. I've declined your offer before.

Thanks though. :)

I'm assuming your post was directed at me.

IRONFINS
05-01-10, 19:32
Just checking...........need to move.

Magic_Salad0892
05-01-10, 23:52
I appreciate the offer though. Pretty cheap for a good piece of hardware.

Somebody will bite, I'm sure.

IRONFINS
05-02-10, 00:00
Yeah, just found out that is what a dealer pays for a brand new one, with a minimum of 10. Sorry if I let the cat out of the bag.:rolleyes:

Magic_Salad0892
05-02-10, 00:03
When you were accuracy testing your A2 what trigger were you using? Just out of curiosity.

IRONFINS
05-02-10, 20:51
The factory one, I used Rem and Hornady, I am thinking it was the older Hornady that cause some under power problems. I sent it back to LWRC and they tested it and said it shot to spec. Said I must have got some bad ammo or something. With the rising cost of 6.8spc I have decided to sell it at a gun show or something. It did however go bang every time and cycled great. I wish I would have bought the 5.56, just can't afford the 6.8 anymore, and my local shop can't seem to get it in. Never ordered off-line before and I kinda prefer looking at ammo in person first before I buy. Impulse buy I guess.:rolleyes:

Magic_Salad0892
05-02-10, 21:44
Corbon Subsonic, and Hornady Match should have done sub-MOA at 100 yards.

My M6A3 in 12.7'' does 3/4'' at 100 + ACOG.

If you want a sweet gun get the M6A1 in 14.7'' in 5.56.

It's like an M4A1... but better. :)

IRONFINS
05-02-10, 22:15
Well, after dealing with LWRCi and being cussed at and told that was "a real piece of work". I think I would rather surrender all my firearms and arm myself with a sling shot then buy another LWRCi. They have the absolute worse customer service ever. Will not waste my money with them again. For my needs and use I really don't see a big advantage with going to a piston system. It is too expensive, I can buy two DI guns and have one as a backup, lol. I think I will build my next one.

Magic_Salad0892
05-03-10, 03:43
Can't go wrong with building your own.

I'd REALLY like to know who you spoke to. Because I've spoken to all of the CS guys and they're all awesome. They answer questions prompt and accurate, and often send free shit back to you if you have a problem.

IRONFINS
05-03-10, 06:38
I have spoke to John, Jason, Mike, Kelley, and the one who cussed me was their supervisor over Mil/Leo sales David Loeser. How professional, not to mention they forgot to send me my stuff back. After calling about the missing items the first time I received the owners manual and synthetic gun oil. The second time I called I finally received the barrett mag back. My whole issue was I didn't get the results of under 2 inch groups at 100yds that I was told when I purchased the rifle. Then when I sent it back, different people at the company were telling me different stories of how the rifle was shooting at different distances. They were the most difficult company I have ever dealt with, they didn't appear to have a clue of what was going on. I will take their advice and not buy any of their stuff again......:rolleyes:

Magic_Salad0892
05-03-10, 09:09
That's odd. I've spoken to all of those people and their really awesome. Always correct, always prompt.

They even sent me an AK sight adjustment tool for my M6A3, when I asked about it. (For free) :)

They don't even sell those.

Jay Cunningham
05-03-10, 09:11
He Said/She Said, personal preference, fanboyism, etc.

This thread has run its course.