PDA

View Full Version : New Beretta 90-Two

ShipWreck
04-18-10, 11:17
I picked up a new 90-Two today.

I like the 92 platform the most right now - I know its blasphemy, but I'm liking the feel of my92FS in my hand more than my two custom/semi custom 1911s...

Anyway - Beretta no longer makes all the variations it once did. I wanted something new, but still in the 92 style family. So, I picked this up.

I still slightly prefer my 92FS because of the Hogue rubber grips - but this gun was very accurate, and I like it a lot. Recoil is about the same, and the SA break on it is very nice. Not a mark on it either :)

My regular 92FS is my nightstand and concealed carry gun - but the 90-Two will make a fun range toy. I am thinking of putting night sights on it - but I don't see the purpose of scuffing up another gun as a carry gun. I have done that enough to other guns...

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/92pair3.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/90-two-1.jpg

Lightning Struck
04-18-10, 11:23
I was seriously looking to pick one up, until I found a wicked deal on a 92fs.

Nice pair you got there.

Safetyhit
04-18-10, 12:09
As you know, I can relate to your joy. Oddly enough, I do prefer the grip on my new 90-Two over the 92, but this withstanding your Hogue grips. Feels very comfortable in my specific hand.

Your lighting is much better than the lighting in my thread, by the way. Need to brush up on my skills and eliminate that flash effect next time.

Skang
04-18-10, 12:26
Couple questions,

where is it made in?

also how is the grip size compare to older one. smaller? because i have small hand, and when i tried 92, felt little big.

ShipWreck
04-18-10, 13:19
Couple questions,

where is it made in?

also how is the grip size compare to older one. smaller? because i have small hand, and when i tried 92, felt little big.

It is made in Italy.

The standard grip is about the same size as the standard 92FS. However, for $17 or $18, you can order the alternative grip sleve. The polymer grip is changable to a slimmer, Vertec like grip.

I have small hands too - and in the 90s I found the grip too big.

After years of different guns, now I like the way the 92FS feels

ShipWreck
04-18-10, 13:20
As you know, I can relate to your joy. Oddly enough, I do prefer the grip on my new 90-Two over the 92, but this withstanding your Hogue grips. Feels very comfortable in my specific hand.

Your lighting is much better than the lighting in my thread, by the way. Need to brush up on my skills and eliminate that flash effect next time.

I actually didn't use a flash. I had to set up a couple of lights to shine directly on the gun to take the pic. Otherwise, you do get that flash washout.

I also take pics in the sun quite often - that helps too.