PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the forums

nyeti
05-03-07, 21:22
Effective immediately I will no longer be a moderator on this forum or posting on any Internet forums. The reason is very simple, I cannot afford to lose my medical benefits.

I recently returned from a getaway with my family. As many of you know, my wife has been battling Stage III cancer for the last year and a half. She is facing a new battery of treatment and we tried to get away before this new treatment begins. I arrived home to find a message on my answering machine from my agency's internal affairs division. I contacted the IA supervisor, and was informed that Kevin McClung from Mad Dog Knives and others have tried to file formal complaints against me because of my association with Mick Strider and Strider Knives. Included with this complaint was numerous posts from several of the forums that I moderate on in order to have me disciplined or fired from my job. As much as I enjoy the forums, my many friends, and the many positive contacts that I have made on the Internet, none of this is worth any risk to my medical benefits from my employer.

Based on the above, I will no longer be posting on any forums, or answering any P.M.'s or E-mails, unless I actually know who you are in real life, and that you are in no way associated with Kevin McClung, XXXXX XXXXXX, or Lynn Thompson. My professional associations will continue with various training groups and firearms industry publications. I will also continue to work with and support Strider Knives. Beyond the fact that I believe they are truly the industry standard in edged tools for those who are in harms way daily, Mick and Duane have been far better than anyone I work with at my P.D. in providing hope, prayers and support for me and my family through some very difficult times.

Thanks-DB

LukeMacGillie
05-03-07, 21:26
That is very messed up.

Im sorry to hear this.

Makes me want to buy another Strider

BillC
05-03-07, 21:37
Im new to this forum, I don't even know you, but all I can say is that is screwed up. My prayers to you and your wife. God Bless

Harv
05-03-07, 21:46
God Bless you and your Wife brother... You will be missed.....

Paulinski
05-03-07, 22:01
God bless and sorry to hear about your circumstances.

Paul

ShipWreck
05-03-07, 22:04
Wow. That sucks dude. Good luck!

QuietShootr
05-03-07, 22:27
That's ****ed.

Though based on what I know of some of the folks involved, not at all surprising.

The net is getting to be a full-contact sport anymore, and some people take themselves WAY too seriously.

Just remember, brother, karma is a funny thing. It sometimes takes a long time to turn, but it nearly always comes around.

Good luck to you.

Rock-N-Ruin
05-03-07, 22:28
That sucks ya have to call KingsX on what is considered just a hobby and freedom of speach.. I truly Hope that your wife gets better with this new treatment option..

I did 5 years as a reserve deputy Sheriff and I understand that level of politics 120%..

Good luck and God Bless ... Jeff

USMC03
05-03-07, 22:53
DB,

Hate to see you go, as you are definately an asset. But I feel your pain, as my posting has dropped of significantly due to people taking the internet way too seriously.

I hope you and you family the best during your wife's battle with cancer and wish you the best in your career.

It's sad that some people face real danger on a daily basis and are stabbed in the back by people who have never gone into harms way in their life.

Take care and stay safe

Semper Fi,
Jeff

Mojo58
05-04-07, 01:04
DB:

My prayers are with you and your family. Thank you for your knowledge and guidance.

Bushytale
05-04-07, 03:41
Sorry to hear of this! Good luck to you and your wife.

Billy

Pat_Rogers
05-04-07, 07:01
:confused:

As always, my best to you and your family.

Submariner
05-04-07, 07:14
nyeti:

You will be missed. Our prayers go out for your wife.

For First Amendment-thumpers, it is a prohibition against congress (and the states through the incorporation doctrine) abridging freedom of speech, not your fellow-citizen. Look what happened to Zumbo. And learn from the experience.

Read Louis Awerbuck's I am the Bullet sometime (soon). Just as we are responsible for each round that leaves our barrel, we are responsible for each word that leaves our mouth. Or keyboard. Even if we go back and delete our text; it may show up again to haunt us.;)

Dave L.
05-04-07, 08:30
My prayers go out to your wife and family.

...but what a bunch of DICK HEADS. Strider keeps my business and now I just have more ammo when someone asks me about those "other brands".

Way to make business personal:mad:

John_Wayne777
05-04-07, 08:41
Pardon my language, but that is the biggest load of bullsh*t I have ever heard.

:mad:

Going after somebody's job based on internet forum stuff? Tha't just silly.

Hope all goes well for you, nyeti. I've enjoyed your contributions.

Voodoochild
05-04-07, 09:13
Boycott Mad Dog Knives and those other's that are trying to be spiteful and harm our fellow members livelihood. People like that don't deserve to be in business it just shows you how evil and vindictive they are.:mad:

DrMark
05-04-07, 09:46
My prayers for you and your wife.

God Bless,

Mark

Lumpy196
05-04-07, 10:57
While no longer amazed at what people will do to each other, Im still amazed at what people that should be brothers in the same cause will do to each other.

I wish you and your wife the best, and will pray the both of you.

Rob96
05-04-07, 11:19
So why does Maddog have a beef with nyeti?:confused:

baffle Stack
05-04-07, 11:57
Prayers sent for your wife. What an F'ed up situation.

Dport
05-04-07, 13:47
That stinks. It's total BS.

My prayers go to your wife and family.

TBone
05-04-07, 18:46
Sorry to hear of this.

I wish you and your family the best.

TBone.

RAM Engineer
05-04-07, 20:22
Sorry to hear this. :( Our thoughts are with you.

And Magpul seemed baffled over the backlash from the "Masada M-16 quote"? :rolleyes:

Steve_Morrison
05-05-07, 00:33
Keep pushing forward, Brother.
I'm with you the whole way.

Steve

tinman44
05-05-07, 02:21
i'm new here as well and dont really know you. however wish you well and condemn these actions taken by cowards. i have always believed in internet anonymity, perhaps create an alias and don't list your name, at least then you could still provide input or debate.

Ross
05-05-07, 05:03
You have to do what's best for your family. The internet is a great tool, but your family comes first. As painful a decision this was, it was probably the right one.

Just remember that there are plenty here that support your decision, and you will be missed. But I think everyone here can understand priorities of life, and definately you have numerous supporters here if you need them.

Good luck to you and your family.

Ross

KevinB
05-05-07, 05:54
Sad to see you go.
All the best, and God Bless

-Kevin

Who is buying another Strider.

9x19
05-05-07, 12:10
I wish you and your wife the best.

VA_Dinger
05-05-07, 17:12
Edit - Not worth the trouble.

graffex
05-06-07, 10:44
I'm really sorry to hear that nyeti. My thoughts are with you and your wife. It's unbelievable what low some people will sink to. I hope the best for Strider knives and I will be sure to let people know about that McClung fellow and his cruddy business practices.

Aceventura
05-06-07, 14:04
I do not know him as well others and he does not know me. I was in a class that he was in and from what I heve seen he's a cool guy. I do not have an L.E background but reading some of what he has to say does apply to my line of work which is in the armored car business.

It's pretty sad when people have to go that far just to win an argument.

trio
05-06-07, 15:56
what a load of shit...

beyond all of what everyone else has said...im sorry you lose a forum for stress relief during this trying time in your life...

good luck and God speed

Stickman
05-06-07, 17:20
nyeti ,

There are a few other POS companies that are similar in their approach to things. Blackmail, threats, and wrongdoing seem to be an industry standard that is overlooked by those who benefit.

I'll place your list of POS individuals/ companies in with mine.

Good luck, and God bless you and your wife. We'll keep you guys in our family prayers.

Username
05-06-07, 21:03
Nyeti my thoughts and prayers are for your wife, you and your family. I hate to see another man's greed affect someone in such a personal way.

I've had a MD knife for many years, but after reading this I feel almost ashamed to own a product of a man like him (McClung).

Good luck to you.

Tang419
05-07-07, 10:54
I don't know you, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope all goes well for you.

Greyman09
05-07-07, 13:08
Sorry to hear.

Shrike9
05-09-07, 21:52
Had to come out of lurking status for this post. Sorry to se ya go, have been reading your posts and learning from em since 2000 & the old days of TF.

However, I more than understand your reasoning & support you & your family.

9DivDoc
05-10-07, 14:49
Adding your family to our prayer list...

Very sorry to hear about your wife...may the Lord over us all make her good as new and guide
her doctor's throughout her treatment..

...and thanks for your knowledgeable posts and willingness to pass it along...

MH64
05-10-07, 17:12
Our prayers to your wife and family.

USMC_1983-89
05-10-07, 20:51
Best of luck, man and prayer for your wife.