PDA

View Full Version : Rear peep

tinman44
05-03-07, 22:22
i think what i want is a buis, i want a rear peep sight to replace the carry handle so i can mount an aimpoint and have iron sights. are there any that have windage and bullet drop adjustments? also if there is such a sight does it have cq peep and long range peep? basically i want the same thing i have with the handle, without the handle.

Snake RAH
05-04-07, 11:15
1) LMT BUIS
2) RRA fixed BUIS
3) DPMS A2 BUIS
4) BMAS/YHM A2 BUIS

Those will be your choices. They're all built around using the same elevation wheel and windage knobs along with the apeture sight that is used on carry handles.

LOKNLOD
05-04-07, 13:15
You can also cut your carry handle down, so only the sight remains. I don't have a link handy, but there are plenty of how-to's floating around the internet.

tinman44
05-04-07, 18:47
1) LMT BUIS
2) RRA fixed BUIS
3) DPMS A2 BUIS
4) BMAS/YHM A2 BUIS

Those will be your choices. They're all built around using the same elevation wheel and windage knobs along with the apeture sight that is used on carry handles.

so all of these options have windage and elevation adjustments as well as the dual peep one for long rang and one for cq? is there a flip up rear BUIS that does all the same stuff? and lastly what does BUIS stand for back up iron sight?

Snake RAH
05-07-07, 13:40
BUIS=back up iron sight

I'm not aware of windage adjustable and elevation adjustable flip up back up rear sights...others here may know. Realistically, I've never shot my rifle beyond 350 yards, so I haven't a need for rear sight elevation adjustments.

The four I named are all essentially just like the aft end of a A3/A4 carry handle.

tinman44
05-07-07, 15:38
i'm thinking of the troy flip up buis so i can mount a aimpoint. i figure if i get the flip up then i dont have to buy one later if i put a trijicon on there but for now i'm mounting an aimpoint.