PDA

View Full Version : "Bullet Button" magazine release?

HeavyDuty
04-18-10, 23:29
I have a 9mm AR that uses a VM Hy-Tech Uzi magazine block that is retained with the normal magazine catch. I had it out yesterday and several times had to reseat the mag block because friends were shooting it and forgot to use the correct magazine release.

I'm thinking about switching over to a CA-style button to prevent this from happening in the future. Can anyone tell me about these and suggest what to get?

Thanks!

Toolzero
04-19-10, 01:25
If I were you I would get the old school Prince 50 mag lock. It is basically a mag button with a screw through it that prevents the mag button from being released. A bullet button will accomplish the same thing, but I think you will like the P50 better.

woodywoodson
04-19-10, 04:56
This is the sort of issue they address in detail at calguns.net. Even if you do not have to deal with the legal issues of CA, many people there have a lot of experience with installing and using the different bullet buttons.

I read once that the Prince 50 can sometimes be not as secure as a standard bullet button setup as far as CA compliance purposes go, but I don't personally have experience with them. That may not matter at all for your intended use.

HeavyDuty
04-19-10, 07:46
Good idea - I didn't even think about calguns. I'll go read up over there. Thanks!

da_shotcaller
04-19-10, 18:42
I have a 9mm AR that uses a VM Hy-Tech Uzi magazine block that is retained with the normal magazine catch. I had it out yesterday and several times had to reseat the mag block because friends were shooting it and forgot to use the correct magazine release.

I'm thinking about switching over to a CA-style button to prevent this from happening in the future. Can anyone tell me about these and suggest what to get?

Thanks!

Use the prince50 instead of the regular bullet button since your mag block got it's own mag release already. Just put a locktite on the small allen screw that comes with the prince50 to prevent it from getting depress.