PDA

View Full Version : Magpul UBR installation question

culannmac
04-19-10, 10:07
I'm thinking about getting a UBR stock. I've read installation instructions, etc. The UBR doesn't use a castle nut correct?

Was just wondering if the proprietary solution Magpul uses is a secure and bulletproof as a staked castle nut?

Keydet08
04-19-10, 10:53
It does not have an endplate. It attatches like an A2 style stock.

Sanpete
04-19-10, 10:53
It's pretty easy to install. It's about as secure as an A2 stock locking up against the receiver, as they both lack a castle nut and end plate and secure in fairly identical ways.

csun_00
04-19-10, 11:06
The above posters are correct. I has an A2 receiver extension like process. Make sure you put a little blue loc tite on the end screw to keep it in place and enjoy.

Robb Jensen
04-19-10, 11:15
The UBR receiver extension is what's called an 'entry' length rifle stock extension. The UBR uses it, the Sully stock uses it, the RRA Entry rifle length stock use it (usually seen on AWB compliant guns). One of the ACE skeleton stock (the really short one uses a 'entry' length extension.

luvmy40
04-19-10, 11:18
Mine came with a dab of (blue blotch) thread locking compound on the butt screw. I haven't gotten enough range time to be sure, but it felt pretty secure going in.