PDA

View Full Version : DD M4V3 Whose got one? What do you like / dislike about it?

joeinkeys
04-20-10, 06:23
Hello All,

Thanks again for all the input / posts to my reply. I have been going back and forth on what to buy for my first AR. I thought I had settled on a complete BCM build. Even looked at Noveske Basic Recce as it was at the top end of my price range.

Well here I am looking at buying the DD M4V3. For the dollars (1200) it seems to represent "the most bang for the buck". I would like to hear the good, bad, and ugly from current DD M4V3 owners. Things like....will this gun shoot dirty / underpowered ammo? Does the stock fit well? Is the gun front heavy? I hate the stupid vertical fore grip.....

Thanks in advance, and I am at about the end of my decision making process:D

ForTehNguyen
04-20-10, 08:03
I dont have one I usually build my own. But it looks to be an excellent buy, it comes with 3 rail ladders, hard case, and a PMAG also. You can always take off the VFG and put something else on it. I think it might be a tad front heavy because it has a lighter MOE stock on it. But I would rather have an actual owner comment on it. There are a couple here already.

$1179 is the best ive seen (add it to the cart):
https://policeguns.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6681&osCsid=uhj41eikd7mlv4fchlgc1e2r22

PA1911
04-20-10, 17:11
I love my m4v3. It's been reliable and accurate with the 100 round packs of federal from Wally world. It balances fine for me. The only thing I changed was the grip ( I don't like the standard AR grip). I added a Magpul MOE grip. I also don't like vertical fore grips. I just ordered a Magpul angled fore grip. Other than that I am very pleased with my rifle. I may throw a Magpul BAD lever on but that's nothing against the DD.

I'm happy with for now until I save up the funds to add an optic and other accessories

I had considered Bravo Company but decided to go with a factory built gun for my first AR.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions let me know

theorangecat
04-20-10, 17:20
The only thing I changed was the grip ( I don't like the standard AR grip). I added a Magpul MOE grip.

+1

If DD would ship them with an MOE grip, I wouldn't need to change a thing. If they start shipping them with the shorter VFG, that will only sweeten an already good package.

joeinkeys
04-20-10, 17:48
I love my m4v3. It's been reliable and accurate with the 100 round packs of federal from Wally world. It balances fine for me. The only thing I changed was the grip ( I don't like the standard AR grip). I added a Magpul MOE grip. I also don't like vertical fore grips. I just ordered a Magpul angled fore grip. Other than that I am very pleased with my rifle. I may throw a Magpul BAD lever on but that's nothing against the DD.

I'm happy with for now until I save up the funds to add an optic and other accessories

I had considered Bravo Company but decided to go with a factory built gun for my first AR.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions let me know

Thanks for the feedback. I think I am going to order the DD as I cant see why I would want to pay an extra $200 for the BCM. I don't know why but after reading this forum for a few months it seams like Noveske, Colt, BCM are the best you can do.

Have you shot any steel cased wolf with the DD. I can pick up 1K rounds of that for about $230. If the DD can shoot dirty/under powdered 55gr without issues it has to be a good weapon!:p

ForTehNguyen
04-20-10, 19:01
should be able to, any properly built AR should eat Wolf easy

PA1911
04-20-10, 19:07
I have no experience with Wolf, but I cant see it being a problem.

PA1911

justin_247
04-21-10, 12:01
$1179 is the best ive seen (add it to the cart):
https://policeguns.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6681&osCsid=uhj41eikd7mlv4fchlgc1e2r22

$1179!?!?!?!?

BUY IT NOW. Just the rail, VFG, PMAG, rail covers, and stock total almost $450, and you're getting a hard case along with it. You're basically getting an $1100 (or more) rifle with $500 worth of outstanding kit for $421 less.

This is the best midlength rifle deal out there.

ForTehNguyen
04-21-10, 12:16
$1179!?!?!?!?

BUY IT NOW. Just the rail, VFG, PMAG, rail covers, and stock total almost $450, and you're getting a hard case along with it. You're basically getting an $1100 (or more) rifle with $500 worth of outstanding kit for $421 less.

This is the best midlength rifle deal out there.

out of stock now :( If anyone's interested maybe they have a waiting list?

https://policeguns.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=16_327&osCsid=uhj41eikd7mlv4fchlgc1e2r22

FishingFool
04-21-10, 12:17
Deleted

ForTehNguyen
04-21-10, 12:28
not anymore. they changed the price.

Still just the same its a hammer forged barrel and still a damn good price.

when you add it to the cart the price goes down by $250

Falkon
04-21-10, 14:08
AIM has the M4v3 for $1,300, which is $130 cheaper then what they have their M4 listed for? The v3 is a middy, but the M4 is not correct? What am I missing?

There is an XVM on GB for $1,100. The XVM is identical rifle as the M4v3 but without the bells and whistles - upgraded vfg, stock, butt, rails.

I bought an XVM as my first because I like to purchase the highest quality at the lowest price and I think DD is that. I wanted to start off KISS and shoot it to find what I need and dont need.

Enjoy, you have mad a good choice.

Plato
04-21-10, 18:22
Sounds like a great deal for those rifles!