PDA

View Full Version : Magazine question

Hillbilly
04-20-10, 21:46
I know wilson says to load their 47d's up to let the springs set. Do you guys load pmags or gi mags and leave them or??? what about even glock mags? thanks

4thPointOfContact
04-24-10, 01:09
I've often found that the last round is sometimes difficult to get into a magazine when it's brand new. Loading one a few times seems to make the process easier. I suspect Wilson Mfg. is just giving people an easy option.

I have had more than a few Pmags continuously loaded for over a year now, and haven't noticed any performance issues (whether or not the dust cover was attached). I think Magpul has stated that they have some that have been loaded ever since they started production and they've seen no feed lip spread or other deterioration. There's just under a thousand round sitting in Gov't and Pmags right now in my closet at either 19 or 29/mag. ((Takes less space to store them that way :p ))

Ak44
04-24-10, 01:29
I generally leave a few loaded all the time, and those are my dedicated go to mags in the case of an emergency. The rest of my mags are my training mags and I don't load them up with ammo, just the way I roll. Brand new mags I'll load and unload a few times before hitting the range, just to make it easier to load to full capacity (never had a problem with PMAGS in this case, just glock and 1911 mags).