PDA

View Full Version : ACOG TA44SR-10

mildot
04-20-10, 22:37
Well I finally got out to get some rds down range on this new piece of kit. Overall I was pleased, however I felt I could get tighter groups with my Aimpoint Comp M4? anyone else running a similar sight?

rob_s
04-21-10, 04:33
I'm anxious to get one in green. Interested to hear more about your accuracy issues.

Dienekes
04-23-10, 00:21
Isn't that the circle/dot reticle? If so I'm curious about the size/MOA of the dot. I run a TA45-2 (1.5X) with amber triangle and like that. I can use the tip of the triangle for a decent degree of "precision" at distance, and use it fast in close. I'm not sure that the circle/dot would offer an advantage or not...

arptsprt
04-24-10, 10:06
I have this exact site on my Colt 6920.

I did some pretty good research before going with the TA44 over the Aimpoint T-1. I chose the ACOG for a few reasons; the big one was that I have a fairly significant astigmatism and the red dot on my CompM2 is clear only in the best lighting conditions. The green reticle on the TA44 makes a world of difference in that regard. I chose the American Defense AD-B2 mount and it is also very nice.

Performance wise, I was very pleased with the accuracy of the gun/site/ammo combos I used for sight-in. The overall site picture with the dot/circle and 1.5x worked well for me. I shot 25, 50 and 100 yds. The 2 MOA dot was crisp and allowed for more precision at the longer distances. I can't remember the MOA of the circle (I think it is 23 or 25 MOA...?) but is was a nice reference. Group size at 100 yds was consistent between 1.5" and 2" off the bench. I was very happy with that for combat gun and sight.

As far as the advantages of the triangle over the circle/dot reticle, I have never shot the triangle. I do like how the dot/circle is very fast to pick up on quick, close-in shots. There is little in the way of an obstructed site picture - only the small dot.

Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with my TA44. The size, weight, green reticle and 1.5x and accuracy makes for a great combo for me. YMMV.