PDA

View Full Version : Use the S.O.Tech Paladin Mission Pack (expedition) as BOB?

ColdDeadHands
04-21-10, 07:54
I'm looking to organize my Bug out gear and stumbled upon the S.O.TECH Paladin Mission Pack, Expedition. It seems to have enough storage room in the main compartment to carry my stuff and it has a extra compartment for the Paladin Mission Go Bag which could be used for medical supplies or ammo.
I was also looking at the Eberlestock Operator Pack which also has a lot of features I like but I really like the Idea of the Expedition pack + Mission Go Bag.
Any thoughts?

http://specopstech.com/newwebsite/comerce%20cart/osc/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=paladin&search_in_description=1&x=0&y=0

Iraq Ninja
04-21-10, 09:43
SO Tech kit is very well made. At this price, the pack is not a bad option. If you are thinking of the eberlestock G4 operators pack, be advised that it is fairly large and weighs twice that of the SO Tech pack. I don't think it has a frame though, so keep that in mind in terms of comfort and load out.

I tend to think of BOBs for CONUS use as closer to a 3 day pack design, rather than an expedition style pack.

My first choice in packs is always Mystery Ranch, though I also own Kifaru...

Danny Boy
04-21-10, 13:45
I've been rucking with the SOTech MPMD recently, which is pretty similar if a little bit bigger with med inserts. It has the same shoulder strap and padding system. It's very comfortable and built just as well as the rest of my SOTech bags. I didn't find it any more or less comfortable than my Camelbak Tri Zip but a load more comfortable than my Eagle AIII. Being able to dock my MGB CLS bag into the front pocket is pretty nifty.

I think the Paladin line of SOTech gear is made off shore. I've no idea what the quality difference is, if any.