PDA

View Full Version : RAVEN COCEALMENT CUSTOMER SERVICE

RT1
04-22-10, 11:45
I have been using a Raven Concealment Phantom holster almost daily for over a year. Recently the front belt loop broke. I sent an e-mail to The Malabar Front inquiring about cost and availability of a replacement. I received an e-mail from Jay Farnlacher requesting my address and whether the holster was left or right handed. Yesterday i received 2 belt loops in the mail, FREE OF CHARGE!

This is outstanding customer service. You can bet i will be ordering more products from them in the near future and will also recommend them to every one i can.

motorsporting
04-22-10, 12:49
+1 I too have received excellent customer service from RCS! Great company!

doughnut
04-22-10, 13:21
RCS is great. My 2 year old Phantom had a broken tuckable loop and I contacted RCS just to inquire if the loops were instock or subject to a wait. Jay sent me a pair within the week at no charge. Outstanding service and that's why I will continue to byu from them.

BMWguy206
04-22-10, 13:39
I'm still waiting for my holster but they are super fast in responding to my emails.

TomF
04-22-10, 13:57
Thanks guys.

We are very busy in the shop and I am doing my best to keep up with any email or telephone correspondence. If you guys need something please feel free to call or email. If I miss your call, please leave a message. I miss an average of 5 phone calls every time I am speaking with a customer. It is much easier for me to get back to you if I have a voicemail to document your call.

Take care,

Tennvol12345
04-22-10, 17:13
I've broken several wings and they have always shipped out a replacement pair. I've recieved them anywhere from 5-40 days from when Jay said they would send some out. The time it took 40 days I was hurting in a pretty bad way for those replacement wings.

Propblast
04-22-10, 20:11
I break the over hooks all the damn time. I bought a couple of extra sets just in case. When ever I run out I contact Jay and in a week I have replacements. The only way this could get any better is: one, I stop breaking hooks,or two, the hooks that I get replaced magically show up under my pillow at night Like the The Great Kydex fairie brought them.:D

jaxman7
04-23-10, 00:22
I'm still waiting for my holster but they are super fast in responding to my emails.

Got that right. Jay just emailed me back yesterday. Sent him a question the night before. I can't stand when a business will take forever to send a reply. Heck most of the time I don't get a reply at all. This really shows how much these guys care about their customers. Kudos to Raven/Malabar Front.

sff70
04-23-10, 01:28
RCS has given me top notch service (replacing broken loops) and I WILL spend more money with them in the future.

diving dave
04-23-10, 01:57
I havent needed their customer service yet, but I have been running a Phantom for about 1 yr. now with my G26, great holster.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-23-10, 07:07
I have a drawer full of Raven gear. I realized I needed some Kydex for a class, but I was inside the 60 day wait time. I had seen the posts about pressing your own Kydex, so I thought I would give it a shot, how hard can it be?

It is not that hard to make your own Kydex gear, but after you do you start to appreciate all the little things that Raven does- likemake it so that you can actually get the gun out of the holster. From attachment hole placement and tapering, to gun-holster fit, to fit and finish. You really start to appreciate Raven gear as more than just two pieces of plastic sandwhiched together.

30 cal slut
04-23-10, 08:00
I have a drawer full of Raven gear. I realized I needed some Kydex for a class, but I was inside the 60 day wait time. I had seen the posts about pressing your own Kydex, so I thought I would give it a shot, how hard can it be?

It is not that hard to make your own Kydex gear, but after you do you start to appreciate all the little things that Raven does- likemake it so that you can actually get the gun out of the holster. From attachment hole placement and tapering, to gun-holster fit, to fit and finish. You really start to appreciate Raven gear as more than just two pieces of plastic sandwhiched together.

It's fun to watch the Raven guys do their thing.

They make it look so effortless. Me I'll stick to my day job. :p

PaulL
04-23-10, 08:17
I screwed up a couple days ago... I ordered the Phantom sight-unseen based on the rave reviews, but then I found out one of my buddies had one for the same gun. He let me use it at the range for a few hours and now I'm REALLY excited to get mine. The wait is much, much more unbearable at this point. I wish I hadn't found out how good it actually is. :(

d90king
04-23-10, 08:24
When I saw the thread title in all caps I was expecting something different...

You just posted what is standard fare for the crew at Raven.

Voodoochild
04-23-10, 09:22
Looking at picking up another one of their holsters and was wondering what exactly is MD cut? I see it as an option but not really sure what that means..

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-23-10, 09:44
Looking at picking up another one of their holsters and was wondering what exactly is MD cut? I see it as an option but not really sure what that means..

I'm guessing MagpulDynamics cut? I was talking to Costa at the carbine class, and Chris said he wears his kydex a bit more forward than most people. He has Raven trim (at a 45) the front corner to keep the mag holders from digging into his leg when starts moving around. I can see where it helps. One mag holder I made was a bit longer than most and I ended up giving my self a nice bruise where it dug into my leg when going Dynamic, or at least my special ed version of dynamic.

Ga Shooter
04-23-10, 09:52
MD is a Magpul Dynamic cut. If you will go to the Raven websight it has it all detailed there. http://www.ravenconcealment.com/

TomF
04-23-10, 09:53
Edit-

Looks like GA Shooter beat me to it. Thanks!

KeithD
04-23-10, 10:02
RCS has been great to deal with. have been running multiple products from them through mutiple classes and my own training. Every time I deal with them it reaffirms why I keep going back.

Jer
04-23-10, 10:45
I wish I could say I knew what their customer service was like. I need two new holsters for a Glock 17 and a Glock 26 w/tlr1 and I REALLY want a Phantom from RCS but I don't want to wait the three months they're backed up. I wish they could hire some more help or something to get that time cut at least in half. I would imagine there are a lot of people like me who are waiting on the sideline and hoping something used comes up for sale in the meantime who don't want to wait that long that would gladly shell out their money if they could get a quicker turn around. Sounds like they're a great company to deal with once you own the product but that's the big problem for a lot of people right now.

KeithD
04-23-10, 11:16
I wish I could say I knew what their customer service was like. I need two new holsters for a Glock 17 and a Glock 26 w/tlr1 and I REALLY want a Phantom from RCS but I don't want to wait the three months they're backed up. I wish they could hire some more help or something to get that time cut at least in half. I would imagine there are a lot of people like me who are waiting on the sideline and hoping something used comes up for sale in the meantime who don't want to wait that long that would gladly shell out their money if they could get a quicker turn around. Sounds like they're a great company to deal with once you own the product but that's the big problem for a lot of people right now.

It is hard to wait for a peice of gear you really want. But I usually tell people that if you never order it you'll never get it!

They really do make great gear, best ive used so far. And the fact they are working around the clock and still have that long of a wait is a testimate to what they are doing.

And they are ramping up operations, equip, man power. so hopefully we will see the wait time deminish.

After running Raven through the last year pretty hard I would say I'd wait 6 months for a piece of gear from them. But shhh, dont tell them that!

Jer
04-23-10, 11:25
After running Raven through the last year pretty hard I would say I'd wait 6 months for a piece of gear from them. But shhh, dont tell them that!

That's good to hear but I won't and I know a lot of people that won't either. Hopefully they can drastically reduce those turn around times and I'm sure their orders and profit will go up even more.

John_Wayne777
04-23-10, 13:47
The Phantom carried strong-side IWB is the most comfortable holster I've ever tried.

glen
04-24-10, 02:48
A big +1 for their customer service!

I had the chance to try it when my Phantom developed a crack near the trigger guard area. Jay just asked me to send pix of the crack (I am OCONUS and shipping these overseas back to Jay would have been a PITA) and he promptly sent out a replacement holster.

This was way before the 6 month line, back then you had your holster in a week. ;)

St.Michael
04-24-10, 09:53
My raven holster shipped yesterday. I can't frakin wait to try it out!

CyberM4
04-24-10, 10:17
When did you order yours?

skyugo
04-24-10, 16:51
great service. they sent me free loops too :D

such an excellent holster. it's a truly confidence inspiring rig to carry. the gun stays put, and draws are so fast and smooth.

Robb Jensen
04-26-10, 20:26
Thanks guys.

We are very busy in the shop and I am doing my best to keep up with any email or telephone correspondence. If you guys need something please feel free to call or email. If I miss your call, please leave a message. I miss an average of 5 phone calls every time I am speaking with a customer. It is much easier for me to get back to you if I have a voicemail to document your call.

Take care,

Thanks for joining M4C Tom. I emailed you earlier today/last night about my G19 Raven. I'll get it to you ASAP.
Later,
Robb