PDA

View Full Version : My new SLR15 Operator arrived....

dimmak
05-05-07, 19:03
Click for pics:http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5388765
BTW, took it to the range for 500 rds in the rain without any hiccups whatsoever....

I highly recommend for purchase as a fighting/training carbine.....

Hootbro
05-05-07, 20:35
Can you post the pics here? I care to not join that board just to see your pics.

Hootbro

dimmak
05-05-07, 22:11
Roger that, my bad.....
Here is a better link:http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5388765

Jay Cunningham
05-05-07, 22:59
I didn't know that you could get one of their rifles in a 1/7 twist.

dimmak
05-06-07, 10:15
I didn't know that you could get one of their rifles in a 1/7 twist.

I had to request it.....

VA_Dinger
05-06-07, 10:21
Nice carbine.

I've always heard good things about the SLR15. 1/7 barrels are certianly a plus.

DrMark
05-06-07, 10:38
Very nice.

What finish is that?

dimmak
05-06-07, 13:40
Very nice.

What finish is that?

Tan Duracoat....

Hence the long wait.....
4 weeks for the base and 4 weeks for the clear...... (Curing time)

SuicideHz
05-06-07, 14:12
WHAT? That had better come with a pretty good warranty.

There's no reason to let a rifle sit for 4 weeks at each step before sending it to the customer unless they are making absolutely sure nothing touches it during it's full cure time and are giving a 100% guarantee or warranty on the finish.

DC cures to the touch in only an hour, hard enough to handle and reassemble over night and VERY hard after 3 weeks. It supposedly continues to strengthen over time past the 3 weeks.

They should have at least sprayed the clear over a not-so-cured Tan as oppposed to waiting 4 weeks. I'm not sure if that's LCW's recommended method.

All I know is I don't do it that way and I've had zero problems ever...

Jay Cunningham
05-06-07, 15:09

There's no reason to let a rifle sit for 4 weeks at each step before sending it to the customer unless they are making absolutely sure nothing touches it during it's full cure time and are giving a 100% guarantee or warranty on the finish.

DC cures to the touch in only an hour, hard enough to handle and reassemble over night and VERY hard after 3 weeks. It supposedly continues to strengthen over time past the 3 weeks.

They should have at least sprayed the clear over a not-so-cured Tan as oppposed to waiting 4 weeks. I'm not sure if that's LCW's recommended method.

The OP seems pretty happy with his purchase.

SuicideHz
05-06-07, 15:16
Sorry, didn't mean to suggest it wasn't.

I'm actually sure it came with a good warranty. Not trying to dissuade him or piss in his wheaties.

Definitely don't need more of what happened with the last guy I questioned...

I like the rifle, I've used Duracoat in the past but am partial to Tiger Stripe Brown. That's the only thing I'd change!

:D

dimmak
05-06-07, 15:22
Sorry, didn't mean to suggest it wasn't.

I'm actually sure it came with a good warranty. Not trying to dissuade him or piss in his wheaties.

Definitely don't need more of what happened with the last guy I questioned...

I like the rifle, I've used Duracoat in the past but am partial to Tiger Stripe Brown. That's the only thing I'd change!

:D

Roger that....
I dont know enough about Duracoat process to speak on it....
I Like the Tiger strip brown as well, but was actually leaning toward the Digital Desert Camo and really couldnt decide on which way to go.....
So I settled on the tan....

SLR15
05-27-07, 13:06

We let our Duracoat'd rifles sit for 30-days before we build and ship them. Duracoat is touchable within a few hours of it's application, but we do clear coats on ours so we don't want them touched before the clear coat is applied. The curing time is a must when it comes through our shop, we are an LCW Duracoat Factory Shop. Duracoat can be messed up if things like lubricants, solvents, etc, are applied to it within several weeks after its original application. Curing time helps reduce possible problems. We don't want a customer that gets a custom rifle from us going home and applying some cleaning solvent only to have the finish come off.

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
Chief Instructor
http://www.SLR15.com
http://www.TheDefensiveEdge.com

dimmak
05-28-07, 07:47
Total of 1500 rds so far and no problems at all....
I have asked for a coupla pmags for Dads day to try out and will post reports periodically as able....

Thining about running some Wolf through it as well, just for kicks...

M4arc
05-28-07, 15:37
Wow dimmak, I really like that carbine!

Can you tell me if it has M4 barrel extensions?

mgobel
05-28-07, 21:23
Looks Great!

I have never seen a rifle built by Sully that was not first rate.

I can hardly wait for my SLR15 GRAIL!:D

Mark

dimmak
05-28-07, 21:49
Wow dimmak, I really like that carbine!

Can you tell me if it has M4 barrel extensions?

Thanks....

Yes it does....

dimmak
05-28-07, 21:50
I'll get some more pics made and posted as time allows...

I am a bit under the weather right now....

jem375
05-29-07, 10:12
....nice rifle ..........