PDA

View Full Version : Why does this happen (Glock)???

Drew78
04-23-10, 07:06
On my "well worn" Glock 26 I noticed something and cant figure out how/why it happens?

EMPTY Glock 26, slide closed, pull trigger on empty chamber, lock slide back, I can see the FP protruding.

Load SnapCap from mag into chamber, pull trigger, rack slide/slide lock/eject snap cap, and the FP is not visable, its gone deep back into its hole.

How? Is it the base of the case that pushes it back in right before it is ejected?

On my back up 26 and 19's the same thing happens, but I can still see the FP sitting flush with the FP hole. On my primary 26, the FP is deep within its hole, not flush like with the others. The other 26/19's have FAR less rounds thru it than my 26 in question.

IS this normal? I think it is, do I need to replace my FP spring?

Thanks in advance for this picky question.

Robb Jensen
04-23-10, 07:13
With Glocks and most striker fired guns the firing pin protrudes (after the trigger has been pulled) until the slide is cycled and then the striker is reset on the trigger bar during the forward movement of the slide (it resets just before feeding the next round).

With a snap cap the striker/firing pin is probably bouncing rear and catching on the firing pin safety. When live firing real ammo this doesn't happen. Real primers aren't rubber/plastic and stay dented when hit with no bounce of the firing pin.