PDA

View Full Version : PNW: Match-Maker thread- get with a partner and train!

bkb0000
04-23-10, 13:36
Gentlemen

i've noticed that some members aren't getting much (any) trigger time in except for at PNW events. it occurs to me that we shouldn't be limiting our networked training to officially sanctioned PNW events (can anything about PNW be called "official" or "sanctioned?" :p)- so in continuing effort to get people out and training, i'm starting this thread as a sort of match-maker tactical dating service. members interested in getting together for casual training encounters can post interest here. post what you're looking to do/cover/shoot/etc for other PNW members to see and join in. basically a mini-version of what we already do. so if somebody has an interest for a training partner for dirt shooting, beer can plinking, or even serious tactical shooting at a range, and whether a regular thing like weekly/monthly/whatever or just a one-night stand, post in here and hopefully other PNW members will respond with interest.

for those of you who just don't have that extra weight to get out and train as much as you want, i highly suggest trying to link up with another member for a regular thing- you'll hold each other accountable, pressure each other to get out and shoot. no excuses. this is also an excellent opportunity to network for SHTF scenarios, for the more tinfoil-hat types among us (such as myself). it's definitely not a bad idea to have (a) tactical buddy(s) you know and trust that you can link up with in a SHTF or EOTFWAWKI situation.

if anyone needs training material/drill suggestions/etc, feel free to PM me.

dont be afraid of getting stuck with a douche- so far, i haven't met a single PNW member that i wouldn't want to shoot with. everyone's been exceptionally squared away and worthy of friendship. you're all good guys. so post, network, and train!

ETA:

This is also a good opportunity for mentorship, for both new and not-new shooters alike.

USAFR
04-23-10, 17:58
I was thinking the same thing and would be open to getting together with one or two guys to go out to DR at least once a month, more if they have a high end Dillon and want to give me fee ammo. DR has a limit to the number i can bring, but I think if I pre-arange it I can get morein, if any one remembers the last time when to range hosts lady desided to have puppies.

Be safe

Rob

MookNW
04-24-10, 18:59
I just got a membership at the WCA range in Bellevue. They have a 25 yd. training bay there and from what the range master says, a closet full of barriers n shit to pull out and use. I don't know If I can take guests in there w/ me and it's only got limited availability, but anyone down to get up in there who has (I think )gold status membership. I'm down.
-Mook

GitmoSmoke
04-28-10, 07:21
Anyone who would like to take a trip to Whidbey is welcome to come shoot with me at Central Whidbey Sportsmens Club. I'm there most every weekend. Excellent days to come practice are the days we are shooting speed steel. Basic steel challenge type of shooting. All you need is a pistol, holster with a covered trigger and about 150-200 rounds of ammo. The only thigs is no FMJ ammo for the match, plated is OK. May 29th is the next shoot, and I hope I can lure someone up here. After the match we can set up different targets in the bays and practice, although I suspect that I will have more to learn from you than the other way around. www.cwsaonline.org for directions and schedule.

Dutchy556
04-28-10, 15:39
If anyone in Central Oregon wants to hit the range or the cinder pits drop me a line...

MookNW
04-28-10, 18:32
Gitmo. I'm down to check out your club on Whidbey, the 29th looks good right now, but I'll know more in about a week. I may be taking a handgun class the week before so that will be a good opportunity to keep what I learn fresh.

MookNW
04-28-10, 18:39
I just got a membership at the WCA range in Bellevue. They have a 25 yd. training bay there and from what the range master says, a closet full of barriers n shit to pull out and use. I don't know If I can take guests in there w/ me and it's only got limited availability, but anyone down to get up in there who has (I think )gold status membership. I'm down.
-Mook
Guests are cool to come to the training bay for $10

GitmoSmoke
04-29-10, 21:51
Mook,
I am glad you can come up to the island. Anyone else? Being Memorial day weekend we should have a good turnout, maybe even some BBQ for after the shoot.

Racerx33
05-29-10, 23:46
If anyone is out on the east side near Spokane let me know. I'd also be willing to come out to the west side if notified enough in advance. Military life makes it tough to do last minute.

bkb0000
05-29-10, 23:52
i encourage people to share about their date nights- feel free to start a separate thread in the sub-forum, or even just post a quickie in here. include pics, and dont forget the PNW picture threads-

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=40639
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=40637 - for "group shoots," but i think date-night pics are appropriate here

so post, join, train

noops
06-04-10, 11:02
Any Willamette Valley folks around? I train at ARPC regularly and would love to get together on some training.

lfromsalem
06-04-10, 11:28
noops, I'm in salem, and down like a clown.
IM me!

koji
06-04-10, 11:57
-Mook

I live a little over a mile from there but I'm a life member at Wades which sort of locks me in. I'd love to get in there and see what the range is like because it's just so damn close it might be worth it for me to just plunk down for an annual. It'd make getting out to train a hell of a lot easier.

BrianS
06-04-10, 15:25
Guests are cool to come to the training bay for $10

The WCA facility is pretty nice man. I shot there recently for Intermediate Defense Handgun with Insights Training and was pretty impressed. The air system in there is really pulling the contaminants down range fast, nice and clean and felt well temperature controlled as well.

If I lived further north instead of in Pierce county I would have a membership there.

MookNW
06-04-10, 18:17
Stop in sometime and ask for a tour. I was thoroughly impressed and immediately shelled out membership dough. I can take a guest for $10 but for a group shoot thing, we'd have to figure something else out.

wichaka
06-07-10, 05:12
I'm an hour east of Portland, on the Washington side...but can travel.

vecdran
06-18-10, 01:10
-Mook

Bumping this, as I am also looking for someone to do handgun training with at WCA, and/or mentor me. I've got a gold membership as well, though as previously mentioned I believe others can get in with a gold member for the guest range fee. I shot in there for the first time today outside of an IDPA practice, and it was kind of lonely all by myself. :(

I also feel I could learn so much more with someone else to observe my shooting and comment, and would be happy to try my best to help their shooting as well. I'm no expert, but I'd say I've got a fairly good head on my shoulders. ;)

vecdran
06-22-10, 18:16
IDPA practice match tonight at 6:30. It's fun. :D

I'll also be in the L.E. bay on Thursday probably. Welcome to join me and laugh at my low speed fat ass. :)

theRedSkull
01-11-11, 15:46
Any Willamette Valley folks around? I train at ARPC regularly and would love to get together on some training.

im in corvallis, but im curious where there is to shoot, or do i have to use ARPC? is it any good? it looks nice.

noops
01-11-11, 15:59
Totally worth it. It's the best range I've been a member of, and I've moved around a bit.

VonMockenheimer
01-21-11, 18:09
Hey all i'm in eugene and would like to find someone to work on some tactical shooting with.

jklaughrey
01-23-11, 18:59
Still no one on the East side a member on here? Well Racerx but haven't seen him in awhile.