PDA

View Full Version : Victory 100 round drum?

Beachboy
04-23-10, 19:05
I did a quick search and wasn't able to locate anything, so I'll ask here.
Does anyone know anything about or have any expereince with the Victory 100 rd drum mags? In the email I received yesterday from Botach, it appears to be a Korean (copy? / version?) of the Beta mags. Botach is offering them for $138.00 with pouch, loader and 2 bottles of graphite.

04-23-10, 19:18
Why do you need a 100rd. drum? If there is an operational reason, then spend the money on the Beta. If it's just because, then the Victory.

Beachboy
04-23-10, 19:24
Actually, I asked purely out of curiousity, as I wasn't familiar with the Victory.

citizensoldier16
04-24-10, 14:32
Honestly never saw the need for a drum magazine. They're heavy, unreliable, and have horrible feed problems. How many bottles of graphite does a PMAG come with? NONE.

kwrangln
04-24-10, 15:24
If you want hicap, do it reliably, not with some drum that will shatter the first time you drop it.

Redi-mag and 2 P-mags extended to take 48 round each for 96 on the gun.
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk58/kwrangln/new%20ar%20build/newar61.jpg

disclaimer: I took the pic as a joke, it weighs a ton and just isn't practical.

Beachboy
04-26-10, 17:38
Thanks for the replies, but I'm just curious about the Victory and where it's coming from. Is it a Daewoo part?
I've used the Beta mags several times over the years and can't see much reason for them without having full-auto capability and very little reason then.
Don't have a need for one operationally and if I were to purchase either the Beta or the Victory, it'd only be playing around with it.
I've got a supply of PMags, some USGI and some others that take care of operational, training and defense needs. Thanks.

Beach

Spiffums
04-27-10, 09:28
Why do you need a 100rd. drum? If there is an operational reason, then spend the money on the Beta. If it's just because, then the Victory.

Why do you need a 30rd mag?

And you remember the last time people asked that question.

Bret
12-26-10, 11:35
Why do you need a 30rd mag?
And you remember the last time people asked that question.
+1, as just a non-professional joe, my main motivation for having 20rd, 30rd, or even larger is that there are people out there that don't want me to have them. I guess I just like exercising my freedoms. I've always wanted a Beta mag, but just couldn't justify the price. So, what's the report on these Korean copies? If they're decent, who has them at the best price?

g5m
12-26-10, 11:41
+1, as just a non-professional joe, my main motivation for having 20rd, 30rd, or even larger is that there are people out there that don't want me to have them. I guess I just like exercising my freedoms. I've always wanted a Beta mag, but just couldn't justify the price. So, what's the report on these Korean copies? If they're decent, who has them at the best price?

I don't know about best price but there is this source for hi cap mag:
http://www.unammo.com/

ICANHITHIMMAN
12-26-10, 13:44
For what its worth I have BetaMag that my team used for the turret gunner, if the 240 went down or if you were in a narrow street where the 240 could not traverse.

We never experenced any issues with is maybe we got a good one. I dont know about this other system you are inquiring about, I did see a post here a week ago about some surfire mags that held 60 and 100 rounds but I know nothing about them of even if it was a joke or not as they are not listed on their site.