PDA

View Full Version : MOLLE II Frame + Alice Pack

NSR500
04-24-10, 01:30
I have a MOLLE II frame, waist belt, and straps. I would like to see if it is possible to put the medium or large Alice pack onto the MOLLE II frame.
I understand it may not be a direct fit and I will have to modify things, but I wanted to see if any of you have done such a project.

kmrtnsn
04-24-10, 08:32
What are you using this for? There are so many better options out there for your money.

SoDak
04-24-10, 09:58
Maybe head over to arfcom's gear section and try to find the long alice gear thread or just ask. I could have swore somebody did something like that over there.

NSR500
04-25-10, 02:57
Primary use will be for Bugging Out, or Getting Home. I'm using a MOLLE II ruck for my 72hr+ Bug Out Bag, and for under $80 I'm happy with it.
The reason I wanted to experiment is for my friend's wife. I got him the same ruck that I have, but that ruck size is too big for his wife. Since I have the MOLLE II parts laying around I thought I could throw a medium Alice pack on their to get a smaller profile for her.
As for TOS... I'd rather not go there because I don't like the place. This site and many others are much better without all the noise. :cool:

ggt1_02
04-25-10, 08:51
I found this a while ago, it is from the company that made the molle system.

http://www.downeastinc.com/1606.html

SoDak
04-25-10, 09:45
I hear you on TOS, although the gear forum isn't too bad really. It doesn't really matter anyway though since I found the thread I mentioned and I remembered the thread wrong. There was a guy using a medium alice and frame with molle II shoulder straps and belt. I'm guessing that's what I got confused on.

NSR500
04-26-10, 03:22
I found this a while ago, it is from the company that made the molle system.

http://www.downeastinc.com/1606.html

Yes... That's the concept I'm shooting for, but with the standard MOLLE II parts and Alice pack.
$35.91 seems reasonable...

I hear you on TOS, although the gear forum isn't too bad really. It doesn't really matter anyway though since I found the thread I mentioned and I remembered the thread wrong. There was a guy using a medium alice and frame with molle II shoulder straps and belt. I'm guessing that's what I got confused on.

I've seen that thread and references to it before. If I do the project ruck for my friend's wife I'll post it here. There seems to be a lot of MOLLE II, and Alice surplus right now I could probably afford to experiment.
If it does not turn out right, $35.91 for the Alice specific frame doesn't seem too bad.