PDA

View Full Version : M&P rear sights (do these exist?)

jh9
04-24-10, 07:33
Of all the M&P rear sights available (dawson, burwell, 10-8, warren, etc) no one seems to offer a plain white outline unit (similar to the stock glock or S&W (adjustable) revolver sights).

Am I overlooking something, or do these simply not exist?

Robb Jensen
04-24-10, 08:33
I've never seen one and if anybody made one it would have been Millet but I believe they went out of business.

The current trend is for a less cluttered sight picture.

For pure accuracy shooting I prefer plain black sights with a serrated front sight and a non-serrated rear sight. The Kyle Defoor sights from AmeriGlo are very nice and I have a set on my Glock 17 Gen 1.

For defense use / IDPA / training guns I like Warren Tactical or Heinie Straight-8 sights. I prefer the Warren for the non-white outline amber dot and non-serrated rear sight.

For speed I prefer a less cluttered sight picture which has a much more distinguishable front sight. Too many dots or too much serrations or just big sights become far too busy. Focus should be on the front sight. Too much other stuff going on can make one look at things other than the front sight. This is the reason why I really like Warren Tactical sights dot-on-dot. The rear is simple really with the upper shoulder of the sight cut away so you see more of the target in your periphery with the front sight in crystal clear focus. It's a little faster for me also if the front sight is a night sight. This is because the Warren rear has a slightly rounded bottom end of sight notch. My brain can put the front sight with a tritium dot into that notch more naturally than if the notch were square. If I were shooting purely black sights I'd choose the Warren Tactical 'Sevigny cut' rear sights which have a square notch or the Kyle Defoor sights from Ameriglo. I even use a .190" tall tritium front sight (Warren Tactical for 5" M&Ps) on my M&P Pro 9mm which I use for IDPA SSP/ESP and USPSA Production because it's a little faster for me using the Warren rear sight.

For defense use / IDPA / training guns I like Warren Tactical or Heinie Straight-8 sights. I prefer the Warren for the non-white outline amber dot and non-serrated rear sight.

jh9
04-24-10, 09:25
I've never seen one and if anybody made one it would have been Millet but I believe they went out of business.

I was afraid of that. Thanks.